Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Haveyougotamic

Heavy laser damage

Per second. All broadcasters are a direct per second measurement. Technically, considering the cool down and the like, the dps is lower. Whether it is more efficient to tap the button and avoid overheat, or to overheat and recharge, I do not know.

To simplify- It's a worthless weapon anyway. If it DIDN'T overheat when used it would still only have 90 dps, meaning 30 dpsps, one fiesta does 88~ dpsps.

And yet ya see it from time to time *shrugs* The Heavy Lasers have ONE saving grace, and that is their piercing effect. Though beaten by the Alberts big time in range/damage/use/slot useage/dps and lacking knockback also losing to the perforators. (in my eyes)

Making this (in my opinion) the least useful of the 'new' piercing weapons and an all around useless weapon, but randoms will use them until the day they move on to a new game~ Just as randoms use boomerangs/topiaries/Cluster Mortars/Laser Turrets/Camo Shotguns/Smashers/ and a million other things that aren't prime. :3

The heavy laser actually would be half decent if it had the 1000 range it claims to have when you view its stats but instead its reach is only slightly better than the perferator. Although I think the Albert would still be superior even if the laser worked as advertised, there is something to be said for the merits of continuous fire for some situations and it would have at least have had a few niche situation it could have excelled at. In the end, the laser's buggy range limitations doomed it to complete obsolescence.

I have never seen a limit on the heavy laser's pierce ability. I am not certain, but it may not have a limit to how many enemies it can go through. I have seen it going through huge crowds before but even if it does have infinite pierce it's other stats are too poor to make up for it.

I wouldn't ship it with all the other random weapons, it's just a very niche weapon that isn't fit for a serious 100-round game, with perfect base health.

Remember deathsplosion? If heavy lasers had deathsplosion I'd use them all the time.

We need more deathsplosion.

This.

And 'niche' and 'worthless to 100% or even a 100 wave run' = 'stupid and worthless'

If it was niche and could be used efficiently (as in ACTUALLY BENEFICIAL, not as in being dragged by the other players) I would give it some points and call it 'niche'. But worthless =/= niche.

I know this is off topic but yesterday I found out that Faster Blasters have unlimited range.. interesting, eh?

That's something I've always found amusing about them. Early DLC they were one of my faves for that reason exactly X3 Lead the shots a bit and you can have unlimited range with decent damage output, but moving isn't a big enough trouble in my eyes *shrugs* Fiestas just tear through things like butter microwaved till soft~

But yep. I thought it was common knowledge but it's one of those oddities which makes sense seeing how a tommy can misfire and hit the base from one side of the map to the other and the blasters use similar projectiles :3

Sign in to follow this