Apat14

Kickstarter Thread - Post all Kickstarter links here!

Two Guys From Andromeda - the creators of Space Quest - has started their own kickstarter for SpaceVentures.

Hey there, Classic Adventure Gaming fans as well as those relatively new to our worlds. Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe, aka ‘The Two Guys from Andromeda’, are back together. No, your optic orbs have not been on a bender. You read correctly. After a very brief 20+ year hiatus, we have joined forces once again and are tooling-up to bring you a new Space Adventure, or SpaceVenture™, if you will.

So who's going to pledge? I know I will.

PS. Before anyone asks if this is Space Quest sequel, no. Or atleast I don't think so. But do not fall in to despair, I picked this up from the comments:

David:

@Two Guys from Andromeda: Can you say anything about the current status of the Space Quest license? Is there any hope of the two of you making a new Roger Wilco game, maybe if the SpaceVenture turns out to be a great success?

Two Guys from Andromeda:

@David there is hope. We will be addressing this publicly soon. Alot of this is reliant upon the success of our SpaceVenture. We know you guys are looking for Roger, we'll be able to wake his closest sleeping butt up hopefully, but there are things that have to line up first. Please be patient and positive. You won't be disapointed, we promise!

Okay so, in light of DF's huge success with Kickstarter, alot of other companies are now using this method to procure funding for their projects. Which is good. More awesome things coming out of crowd-sourcing

What's not good, however, is that in recent weeks alls y'all decided that every Kickstarter needs attention drawn to it, and some of them have been posted 2 or 3 times in not one, but several different places in the forums. It's gotten to the point where there is some new Kickstarter coming up every second, and it's pretty overwhelming and quite frankly pissing off some folks that feel like the forums are being used as a dumping ground for new Kickstarters. If you don't think we're being spammed, look up the word 'kickstarter' in the search bar and see what comes up.

Now don't lose heart, we'd love to hear about this old game you love getting a reboot. Maybe some of us would pitch in, even. That's what this thread is here for.

Feel free to post and discuss any and all Kickstarter projects here. Keep things neat and organized.

This also goes for IndieGoGo, Paypal donations and any other crowdfunding schemes as per hot's suggestion

Great idea!

PROJECT NAME : Grim Dawn

PROJECT DEVELOPER : Crate Entertainment (consists of the same guys who did "Titan's Quest")

PROJECT PAGE : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn?ref=live

WHAT IS IT : An ARPG

TIME REMAINING : Under three days!

ABOUT THE GAME

The game is from the makers of Titan’s Quest. Looks pretty sweet (with no DRM to boot - good-bye Error 37!). They are currently working on stretch goals, and trying to reach the final goal where a new survivor town would be added. If you are an ARPG fan, this is really one Kickstarter to check out. Pledge tiers start at $15... not bad for the digital download!

Alternatively you can post them here. Whether you're involved with the project or not, so we can save space.

I think we can keep the self-promotion thread for just struttin' your stuff, because self-advertising isn't really allowed in most contexts. Makes you look kinda dickish, y'know? Just keep that thread as an acceptable place for doing that

And this thread, on the other hand, will be specifically for upcoming things that are funded via Kickstarter. At least then people who are looking to fund Kickstarters might find some other stuff they'd be interested in.

this goes for IndieGoGo, Paypal donations and any other crowdfunding schemes too

Which is why we gather them all into ONE thread.. that way you can avoid it completely. Problem solved.

As to posting the project... MAYBE if someone had posted the DoubleFine kickstarter in one of the forums I frequent, I wouldn't have missed the project. Just saying ;P

I might post some crowd-source science stuff in here periodically.

Like this pilot study here. The basic idea is to control a debilitating parasite in third world countries by using prawns, which eat snails (an intermediate host for the disease). Drug treatments and pesticides are effective at controlling the parasite, but those methods would require constantly using expensive chemicals everywhere and would lose effectiveness the more they are used.

name: my game

author: me

description: its a game that i want to make

payment: give me money, yall know where i live down in da lakehood

Name: Project Solar Death Ray

Creator: You'll know soon enough.

Description: By helping us finish our solar powered lasers, you help us create a greener, more orderly fuiture.

Rewards:

$100- Reserves citizenship in the empire for you!

$300- Reseves citizenship for you and 5 other people!

$500 Reserves citizenship for you and 20 other people!

$1000- Same as above but includes comemoritve plaques!

$10,000- Get a position in the new world government!

$100,000- Unlimited breeding license!

$1,000,000- Join the upper echelons!

Payment Options: We'll find you.

Alternatively you can post them here. Whether you're involved with the project or not, so we can save space.

I think we can keep the self-promotion thread for just struttin' your stuff, because self-advertising isn't really allowed in most contexts. Makes you look kinda dickish, y'know? Just keep that thread as an acceptable place for doing that

And this thread, on the other hand, will be specifically for upcoming things that are funded via Kickstarter. At least then people who are looking to fund Kickstarters might find some other stuff they'd be interested in.

-_-

That thread was created for the kickstarter spam we dont need another one

This thread is lame, I will now post humongous pictures your crappy computer will take hours to download them %-P

the thought of getting 8 of those and punching cute messages into people's faces appeals to me

Name: Coney 2012

Creator: Unseeable Childmen

Description: We're gonna stop the hidden child slave rings on Coney island, all you have to is give us money! Let me repeat that: These men are bad. You want to give us money to stop bad men. If you do not give us money, bad men will not be stopped. Go tell your friends to give us money and they can help the bad men being stopped.

Rewards: Bad child slaver men are stopped and you get to vandalise your street with posters of them to make them famous!

Payment Options: Send all your money to jackingitinsandiego@manipulativeasshole.com

I've started working on a Python project and I'm experimenting with crowdsourcing. I'm documenting as much of the development as possible and making public design decisions. In fact, I'm actually doing some XP programming streaming development on the Internet with other programmers. It's been interesting :) I'm definitely considering trying Kickstarter out.

RIP Bob's Game Preview

www.kickstarter.com/projects/750354130/2012-yearbook-vol-1-gamers

yeah i would fuck bob too. he is quite the looker

Cool, a new Kickstarter project to make a film about the history of Sierra On-Line:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/772847014/the-history-of-sierra-on-line

I hope Activision Blizzard will stop this Kickstarter project. A crappy video with mostly copied content. The website from the maker has no information about who is involved and was created only for this Kickstarter project. The same goes for the YouTube channel and Twitter account. Probably just some random moron who is looking for an easy way to make $40,000. Seriously, how can this even be legit? If that Luke Yost is an actual person, why isn't he in the video. Also, a legit documentary maker could never make such an awful pitch video. On the personal page of Luke Yost at Kickstarter it says the company has an impressive portfolio; lies. Domain registered via domainsbyproxy.com, no surprise there.

I hope Activision Blizzard will stop this Kickstarter project. A crappy video with mostly copied content. The website from the maker has no information about who is involved and was created only for this Kickstarter project. The same goes for the YouTube channel and Twitter account. Probably just some random moron who is looking for an easy way to make $40,000. Seriously, how can this even be legit? If that Luke Yost is an actual person, why isn't he in the video. Also, a legit documentary maker could never make such an awful pitch video. On the personal page of Luke Yost at Kickstarter it says the company has an impressive portfolio; lies. Domain registered via domainsbyproxy.com, no surprise there.

Well, I guess I was a little too easily impressed. Thanks for the heads-up!

I have been pledging for this project myself. I only found the Leisure Suit Larry and Jane Jensen kickstarters through the Two Guys from Andromeda's website. I didn't necessary want to pay for Leisure Suit Larry again, but I pledged anyway to support adventure gaming and to send a message to the industry that we still want adventure games. I hope the Two Guys will find similar support for their project. If you haven't pledged yet, go to www.tgakick.com

Just a heads up. It’s the final day of Stainless’s Carmageddon: Reincarnation kickstarter. So if you plan on pledging you’d better hop to it. The more it gets the better it’ll be and I really want it to be as good as it can. Here’s some PRE-ALPHA gameplay footage in case you’ve missed it.

(PRE-ALPHA!)

The new Eagle

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation