Apat14

Kickstarter Thread - Post all Kickstarter links here!

That looks really cool despite not being a video game.

You know, one thing Canada does really well, is develop video games. So what is our big contribution to Kickstarter? Yeah. That Cat Simulator and a half-naked dating sim. Oh boy. Try harder, team.

Are you saying they won't be as good as Assassin's Creed or the FIFA games?

Also, aren't you guys pretty good at making maple syrup?

If you haven't had enough of animal sims with Goat Simulator: Cat Simulator

1. Make 3d model of a cat.

2. Rig and animate it.

3. ???

4. Video game.

If you haven't had enough of animal sims with Goat Simulator: Cat Simulator

1. Make 3d model of a cat.

2. Rig and animate it.

3. ???

4. Video game.

I know right? It's like the worst trailer ever.

Hey guys, have a look at this game

The Breakout

"The Breakout is a nail-biting point-and-click adventure that pays homage to the captivating storytelling and characterization of the classic Point n Click games of the 1990s combined with the tense filmmaking style of classic movies like The Great Escape."

Hey guys, have a look at this game

The Breakout

"The Breakout is a nail-biting point-and-click adventure that pays homage to the captivating storytelling and characterization of the classic Point n Click games of the 1990s combined with the tense filmmaking style of classic movies like The Great Escape."

That looks pretty cool. Thanks for the reminder. I was going to back it when Wildax posted about it, but had to register my new credit card and forgot all about it.

Is this... It IS! It's a Kickstarter for a new Outcast game!

Screw limited money concerns, I'm in.

A new Outcast game? What's an Outcast game? Perhaps a short sales pitch would be in order for the benefit of those who never played it.

Seems like it's pretty much there in the Kickstarter page.

Well, you know that and as I am a backer of the project I know that as well, but what about people who are skimming though this thread? Shouldn't there be some hook to get them to the Kickstarter page in the first place?

Not to mention that someone who has actually played the game might have some additional insight why the project is worth supporting in the first place.

Seems like it's pretty much there in the Kickstarter page.

Well, you know that and as I am a backer of the project I know that as well, but what about people who are skimming though this thread? Shouldn't there be some hook to get them to the Kickstarter page in the first place?

Not to mention that someone who has actually played the game might have some additional insight why the project is worth supporting in the first place.

As you wish.

Outcast was an early attempt at creating a vast open world set on an alien planet, and it was surprisingly atmospheric in that attempt. There were problems, sure, but if you were willing to overlook those there was a surprising amount of depth for a game that came out so long ago. I remember sinking a huge amount of time into it back in the day and enjoying it a great deal.

The game was rendered using voxels instead of standard 3D models. This meant the game could render a HUGE amount of stuff relatively quickly, but the graphics looked like you were playing at a horrifically low resolution as a result. It's hard to find decent screenshots of the original due to this, because the game never really looked all that great, but it was the art style of the world that kept your interest.

The Kickstarter's for a remake of the game (and could, potentially, lead to the sequel that sadly never actually materialized, which I could swear was previewed in a magazine with the phrase "every leaf of every tree is individually rendered"), which I think is a fantastic way to go. The world of Outcast was always is biggest selling point, and it they can get that world to look its best and allow people to get around that world a little better, then we'd have a fantastic game on our hands.

...how's that?

It is with a heavy heart I must inform you that Red Goddess fell over 20% short of its goal and therefore was not successfully funded.

:(

Go back Earthlock: Festival of Magic.

75% there with 5 days to go.

Hope that gets funded. Looks like an awesome RPG.

Earthlock has now been fully funded, with two days left for stretch goals. Awesome!

So, here's a curious one.

Last Life is an adventure game that's asking for $75,000 (easily obtainable) and will be wearing the 'Double Fine Presents' tagline shared by Escape Goat 2.

Also, it's about a PI who gets 3D printed back into existence and has to solve his own murder.

Unfortunately, the project page looks rather bare bones. There's only 4 tiers for pledges, there's remarkably little detail about the game itself, and it seems to be coasting on the Double Fine connection rather than actually convincing people that this is a game that they would want to invest in.

I'm still in, if only because there's something really interesting about the concept and the art style that just grabs me, but I can't help feeling that this isn't as professional as it should be.

Hmm, i guess the first kickstarter adventure which is worth to comment on since ...

From watching the media on kickstarter i like the rough idea (although it's nothing new as well), i like the polys, the voice acting, i don't like the rendering, the music doesn't get me hooked, i might not enjoy the flow, ... anyway, sf & noir, in your mind such a game could be good but you know it's one thing how such a game could be in your mind and how it shapes up in real. I might give it a try once it will be finished and polygon/ign (p)reviews are offering their competent opinions again.

I was sure I'd seen The Land of Eyas posted here, but now I can't find it. It's a platformer that blends metroidvania and precision platforming, kind of like VVVVVV, but with a beautiful art direction to boot. Visually it looks a lot like Super Meat Boy with a few dashes of VVVVVV, FEZ and Finding Teddy.

It only has 6 days left of its campaign and has so far only reached a quarter of its very modest $10,000 goal, so it's sorely in need of some love. And by love I mean money, since honestly who wouldn't love a game like that?

It's up to $3,600 now, but with only two days to go it's not looking very good.

I didn't play the original Riddle of the Sphinx, but it looks interesting.

The Lands of Eyas sadly didn't even make it halfway to its goal, but you can still vote for it on Steam Greenlight in the hope that it does eventually get completed.

There's a point and click adventure game up on Kickstarter called Inspire Me. It looks relatively casual jugding by the art style and UI, but the creators name Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle as inspiration, so that's promising.

The premise is that you play as a boy who has somehow managed to tamper with historic events with his time machine and must now undo the wrongs he caused and at the same time make sure that some select historic artists and scientists get the inspiration they need to create the works they are now famous for. The initial goal of $20,000 is for three chapters involving Newton, Beethoven and Da Vinci, but there are stretch goals all the way up to $80,000 to include chapters with Shakespeare, Tesla, Einstein, Elvis and Steve Jobs.

Cosmochoria sounds pretty interesting, with its mix of planting seeds and shooting aliens - and they've recently hit their WiiU stretch goal (because anything on the WiiU automatically gets my attention) which also applies to the Early Backer tier, so you can get this for as little as 9 Canadian Dollars.

So go take a look!