Apat14

Kickstarter Thread - Post all Kickstarter links here!

*Note: I'm trying to get all the new info to all the forums I can as fast as I can so no, I haven't read all of the thread, I'm sorry :D

I just wanted to give a shout-out to the amazing Space Quest fans that put together this little one-room adventure game in loving support of the Two guys (creators of space quest of course!) and their Space Venture Kickstarter!

http://www.spacequest.net/index.php/page/index.html/_/news/fans-release-pledge-quest-to-support-r41

Also: Have you gotten a look at the stars of the show?: Meet Ace Hardway, His faithful robotic Toolbox Dog Rooter & Cluck Y'Egger!

image-123180-full.jpg?1338933652

Cluck Y'EGGER SPEAKS!

Also for your convenience the two guys have Created an Official Inventory VIEWER so you can see what your rewards may or may not be depending on your wallet!:

image-124126-full.jpg?1339160210

Want to know what the hell Ken Williams has been up to and hear him reminisce about the good ol' Days of Compuserve and the Imagination Network? OH YEAH YOU DO:

http://guysfromandromeda.com/ken-williams-joins-chris-pope-live-interview-6812/

Oh look! A Video interview with Ellen GLaDOS Mclain, herself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9ndC1f47YQ

THIS is a BIG Item folks: Introducing the official Two Guys from Andromeda REDDIT AMA!!! This was a good one with lots of info to be gleaned for what to expect from this SpaceVenture:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/upxvi/iam_we_are_guys_from_andromeda_scott_murphy_and/

Her husband joins the fray too! (also a voice actor for this space gig):

http://www.twitch.tv/andromedaguys/b/320792121

Did I miss anything? I hope this whets your appetite, shows you how ridiculously hardworking and imaginative these guys have been and makes you want to pledge or up that pledge!

Hours left, Tex Murphy needs help with some JUICY stretch goals.

If we exceed funding by 10% ($495,000+): Additional story (including puzzles, gameplay, locations and characters).

If we exceed funding by 20% ($540,000+): Port the game to additional platforms, provide Text translations for French, Italian, German, Spanish (English will already be included). Finally, more recognizable actors.

If we exceed funding by 30% ($585,000+): Another expansion of the story (including puzzles, gameplay, locations and characters), ingame golf game, and Live Orchestra for the games' music.

PLEDGE now if you haven't to make a bigger, better game. texmurphy.com

Two new projects have popped up, both extremely promising, Quest for Infamy & Jack Houston and the Necronauts.

Both are small independant studios building retro-styled point-and-click 2D adventure games, both have a twist (more than one, actually). Here’s the pitch…

Quest for Infamy

Remember playing and enjoying Sierra’s Quest for Glory series? Or, if not, are you a fan of point-and-click adventure games, but felt a bit restricted and wished they would include a touch of an RPG twist? This game delivers that in spades, as a loving tribute to the QFG series, along with three character-class based “braided” storylines (that is, the puzzles branch based on class, but probably merge based on the overarching plot). There is a light combat system, and all of the classic adventure gaming elements. In addition to the RPG twist, and this is my favorite part, they’ve turned the QFG morality play on it’s head, and turned the player character into a villain! Yeah, you play the badass on a quest for power and money, something I’ve always wanted to do in QFG 8)

Jack Houston and the Necronauts

This “fantastic adventures/amazing stories” homage to the style of Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Venus series is a pulp sci-fi inspired adventure game where you portray Captain Jack Houston Jack’s journey on our neighboring planet of Venus. But this isn’t the lifeless planet we know today; this Venus is a sweltering vine jungle teaming with strange beasts of horn, tooth and claws, as imagined by science fiction authors and artists in the first half of the century (the legacies of whom include John Carter of Mars, Carson of Venus, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, etc). The backgrounds & animated sprites are going to be based on real stop-motion animation footage. This technique is pretty expensive, though, and so the project needs at least $56K, which I’m a bit worried about him raising, even though it's already halfway funded. However, he’s put together a hell of a pitch video, which is definitely worth a peek, and the reward tiers look fantastic.

Xaromir... can you lock this thread?

I chose not to post in that one because I'm not promoting my own project (perhaps shameless, but not even remotely "self promotion").

Plus, the self-promotion thread is "stickied"; I interpreted that to mean it really is for creators to promote their own creations... something, perhaps, more important than random Kickstarter projects that backers happen to like. This thread needs to be locked if the moderators would rather us not discuss Kickstarter projects in it. :)

Nope. I'm not a mod, i'm just a generally annoying person. Well i see your point with the "self" promotion thingy, and i really appreciate that you thought a moment before posting. I have to say though: Just recently i wondered if we had a real Kickstarter threat or if it's just something my brain made up. Well, i appreciate that you gave it a thought. ^^

Haha, thanks! Well, I'm trying not to be an ass-hole :lol:

Actually, I think an official Kickstarter thread should have been made months ago. While I'm a serious KS addict, and am kind of in love with it, even a KS fanboy like myself is annoyed out of my brain by the zillions of posted & abandoned KS threads littering DFAF. I mean... five separate Two Guys SpaceVenture threads? Seriously?! And I backed that project (for more than I care to admit).

Imagine a world where every KS mention on DFAF was confined to a single thread...

Neither am i. But i do feel i should quote from another topic that is active right now:

If I see the word kickstarter I ignore whatever it’s related to.
you’re basically an investor in the company that doesn’t get any of the legal protections ‘real’ investors get

Personally i agree; i love Kickstarter, but i have to keep myself from spending money there; i'm not really that wealthy. I guess this over-saturation is to blame for Kickstarter-news being recieved rather dry around here these days, but as you noticed, we had our fair share of spam.

I think your reply was reasonable and measured.

I've done a bit of lurking now, and see there's a highly polarized atmosphere around new KS projects. Definitely it seems like a dozen or so prolific, long-time forum members are basically anti-KS, and very noisy about it. That's fine. If we have an official KS thread, then we should encourage new KS posters to stay there, and help them contain their enthusiasm. In return, the vocal, old-school posters aught not to troll the crap out of the KS thread. It seems a fair balance to me.

I may actually have found the closest thing to an official, general KS thread... http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6519/ ... seems it may be a well-organized, long-term thread. Problem is that the dude who organized it has abandoned the leading posts.

Personally, I'd be in favor of this thread being locked, and having the community here gently nudge all the KS chatter to that thread alone. Thoughts? You may not a be mod, but you've got like 500 posts on you; do you know who to request for locking threads? I'm pretty new here (lurked since backing DFA & finally registered to watch the documentary videos) so I have no idea how that works (I've only read the Guide to Decency) other than sending a PM to Chris Remo, whomever that is.

Hello there. 8^)

We've gotten pretty hostile to kickstarter threads because of things like this and this. This thread was created in response to the flood a month or two ago, along with the self promotion thread; they just weren't stickeh'd.

[http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6824/]I made a thread during the height of the spamming, if you want some more history.[/url]

I am also not a mod- most of the mods have a name in the format of DF[name], with the exception of Chris R. and some of the Admins.

Edit: Also we're usually really friendly and don't eat people. So go introduce you're self in the intro thread!

Word up, Feddlefunk!

Hmm, yeah Bob Allen is an obnoxious human being. I'm astonished he gathered even a dozen backers, though it was probably because he stole Nekro's concept art for his project page.

In light of the above information, I'm astonished that Kickstarter/IndieGoGo promotion hasn't been semi-officially restricted to a single thread (at least that's how I voted in that poll). It would be the DF-titled mods who create/enforce such policy? Thanks for pointing out the naming convention. My eyes scanned over the DF in the mod names (from the "contact" thread stickied under the Guide to Decency).

Also... after reading this thread and seeing Brütal Ke$ha's avatar, I'm pretty sure you do eat people (*shudderrrr*... those TEETH).

Wouldn't introducing myself be roughly like poking my head up above the reeds? That's how the lionesses find you so they can tear you up and feed you to the hungry baby lions... first thing you learn in first-year Cowardly Bovine (graduated Cum Laude, majored in not being eaten alive, minored in stealth-behind-trees).

We don't yell at people unless they act like dickweeds! I promise!

Dickweeds get shout outs? Or yelled at? I'm confused...

No, not really. *sigh*

You people are friendly and funny after all (I should have expected that from Schafer's Standing Militia). My lurking confirms it.

Ok, as it appears that I'm bound for the introduction thread, I ought to plan my grand entrance. Those usually go over well.

They already did. o.O 850k was the goal they are at over 1.1 million now.

Edit: Did you post the wrong link? ^^;

Well, pledged 75$ looks awesome but i think you posted the dreamfall link at first.

I did post the wrong link first. I highlighted a previous link I posted for Awakened and chose to copy it. My browser must have glitched and copied the Dreamfall link instead.

I think this kicks Dreamfall's arse, but then i never was a big fan of the other games in the series. Well, it's a super-hero game even i may enjoy, though i find the sum of 500k a little optimistic for such a big project.

I actually hope they get $700K, but that's probably unrealistic in its last week.

At least they made it! :D

Bitter Ruin Kickstarter is on! :)

http://kck.st/YH5brw

There are only 6 spots left for the London listening party, where you won't only meet them, but also me. ^_^ For only 10 you can get the album for 20 you get a signed copy or the Vinyl for 40. Give plenty, two creative and independent musicians need your support.

Planet Explorers - sci-fi sandbox game. Like it says on the tin, you crash land on a planet and have to build up your human colony, while gathering resources, crafting, and dealing with a potentially hostile intelligent alien race. There's a custom vehicle and weapon creation system. A new Kickstarter update just came out about how settlements work.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1757963851/planet-explorers

The alpha's free, so you can definitely give it a try to see if it's your thing.