• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Apat14

Kickstarter Thread - Post all Kickstarter links here!

i have the same problem with this as i have with tropes vs women. it's a worthy topic for a documentary, i'm just not sure if the creator has the qualifications to turn out something truly thought-provoking and worthwhile. the only other thing he made was on cinerama cameras and i dare say comedy is a much more abstract and difficult subject.

Well the trailer looks interesting. He is doing a bunch of interviews, so it's not like it's just him talking straight to the camera, giving his views on comedy. He's actually interviewing comedians. I would be interested in seeing him get interviews with some "clean" comedians to get their perspective as well. It could lead to an interesting movie.

I don't really care for that, but the promises that they would make it all open source is very intriguing.

Hmm, it doesn't look very gritty to me. Is the browser game worth trying?

I would definitely recommend trying out the browser games to get a feel of what they are going to make on a larger scale. They are pretty short since they are browser games but you can see they are well thought out.

The Realm: An adventure game project by Atomhawk Design and Lantern Interactive

I've pledged already and even though I have my doubts about the revolutionary gameplay vision the team has, the preview looks just too sweet to ignore the kickstarter campaign. I love the setting (and I liked Enslaved on Xbox360 for the same reason)!

I was really drawn in by the pitch video for this one. It seems like they've got similar goals (though different implementation) to the DFA, and I'm really hoping to get the opportunity to see what they come up with :D

Hi Everyone!

My name is Paul McConnochie - And, I'm a Scottish filmmaker and special effects artist, based in Denmark, who is seeking contributions towards a completion funds for a very special short film...

Do you love Ray Harryhausen's stop motion creature effects, in classics like Jason and The Argonauts, Clash of the Titans and The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad? Do you love the stop motion effects from The Empire Strikes Back, and The Gate?

I do... And, I'm on a mission to bring stop motion creature effects back to the big screen!

The first step is a short film called "Echo"... It's about a little girl who hears strange noises in her garden, and decides to investigate. She discovers an unusual creature, with unknown intentions! Please contribute to our 12 day, indiegogo campaign for completion funds...

echo_ig_header_001.png

This creature will be made in modern, souped-up stop motion animation... Showing what is possible with the craft today.

Please go watch our Pitch Video, Check out our Perks, and Contribute...

If you want to see hand crafted effects on screens again - PLEASE CONTRIBUTE - There are excellent perks on offer including downloads of the film and production materials, limited edition framed art prints, unique sculptures, and even one of the actual puppet used in the film, on display in a huge bell jar!

And, of course, all contributors get the warm-fuzzies! :)

This is a short 12 day campaign, with 10 days left. All funds raised during the run, will contribute towards getting the film completed. The more money raised, the more resources I have available to make this the shining example it has to be, to get stop motion effects on screens in larger projects. Please join me on this journey, as a brand new film and effects studio takes it's first steps.

Echo is ready to move into Post Production, so I am looking for a small amount of money for completion funds, to pay for foley, a musical score, and the time it takes to create truly striking stop motion creature effects, and composite them into the film.

The Pursuit Test - My friend Ron Cole and I made this test shot a couple of years ago. It is the first ever example of a stop motion creature moving through a genuine handheld live-action shot!

The Visitor Demo - Earlier this week, I spent two days creating this little sample. Imagine what myself and the other artists I work with could put together with some time and a reasonable budget!

vtx42.png?width=737&height=272

I've built a production facility in Denmark, which is heavily geared towards doing just that. I had very little money and had to do a lot of the building work myself to keep costs down. We started construction on 2nd Jan, and the works will be complete in a matter of weeks. I'm making Echo to celebrate the start of the studios, and to set out the studios mission statement - To become a facility renowned for practical special effects in modern live-action cinema.

floorPlan.jpg?width=300

IMG_4950.JPG?width=737&height=491

Second Video Update for the Echo Campaign...

Hello all - Here is a new video update, where I get started preparing for a test sculpture for a potential design for the Echo Creature. I also use this opportunity to remind you all of the superb perks we have on offer, including Downloads and...

-Assistant Producer Credit, with a Limited edition, Framed Art Print of the Echo Creature.

-Associate Producer Credit, with a Limited Edition, totally Unique, 8cm Sculpture of the Echo Creature in a Glass Bell Jar.

-Executive Producer Credit, with one of the actual puppets of the Echo Creature, used in the film, in a large Glass Bell Jar.

The perks stack, meaning the higher the perk you choose, you get ALL of the perks from the lower tiers as well! So, please consider donating... And, if you can, joining us as a Producer.

Here is a link to the campaign : http://igg.me/at/echoShortFilm/x/267954

cxgS2D64km0

Thanks Tiny - I'm glad you liked that glimpse behind the scenes. In the campaign, for £25, you get access to an online web series of behind the scenes videos where I'll be showing loads of detail about the effects in the film.

Here is the third video update for the Echo Campaign on Indiegogo. Five days left to go

Good DF People - This next few days, is when I really need to ramp up support for the project. If there is anything any of you can do, be it a contribution or helping get the word out to interested people, this is the time to be doing it. Let's make the next few days count for Echo. :)

This video update is about building vortex42studios. Please contribute if you can, to help me mark the completion of the studio construction, with this unique short film featuring stop motion animated creature effects. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3UgpYxMe-8

Link to Campaign : http://igg.me/at/echoShortFilm/x/267954

One thing I wondered about regarding this Kickstarter: Since it doesn't use Amazon for payments, does that mean they get to keep more of the cut, or does Kickstarter take a larger cut to accomodate this?

I'm actually pretty sure that Kickstarter takes the same percentage, everything else would be a real dick-move. But yeah, worth looking into that anyways, just in case, companies are assholes like that. o.O

VIDEO UPDATE FOR ECHO CAMPAIGN... For any interested types...

Hello everyone - Here is a new video update for the Echo Campaign. This is a recap on how the campaign is going, and a chance for you to meet Teddy, The Studio Cat!

Tomorrow I am doing a Q&A about the project, so if you have any questions, get them to me here or elsewhere, and I'll endeavour to answer them. :)

mNEor3A5-SQ

Thankyou to everyone who offered questions – Here is the Q&A about Echo. I hope that during the final three days of the campaign, this can answer some questions about the film, and offer an insight into the background of the project.

At this point, contributions are critical. I’m very happy with how the completion fund has been growing, but the closer we can get to the target, the more resources I have available to make this the film I know it can be. So, please keep them coming.

LZoFu7Xmkow

Announcing a new Echo Perk/Reward! Warm Fuzzies for ALL!!!

Every single person who contributes £5 or more, to the Echo Campaign (including those who have done so already), as well as feeling warm and fuzzy inside, will receive their own totally unique, real-life, warmFuzzy from vortex42studios!

These awesome little finger-puppets are all individually hand-crafted by Ceri Woolly Monster Watling, for vortex42studios. So, get your contribution in, and enjoy that sensation of warm fuzzies, whilst wearing your very own vortex42studios warmFuzzy finger-puppet!

e6i-fiFbSAY

A special Thankyou treat!

Here is the seventh video update from the Echo Campaign. Wow - What an amazing eleven days this has been so far... Just over one day left to go... 32hrs of clicking refresh on my browser! wink

Please enjoy this Zip Vortex shot I made to show my gratitude for all the support shown so far, and any support to come in the following day. smile

All I really want to do is entertain people, and it is heartening to know that there are people out there looking for the kind of entertainment I can offer. Thankyou! :)

MUoDP5J9i-k

Currently, I'm backing The Realm, which I see Cheeseness has a link to an update above.

----

AR-K

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/ar-k-an-old-school-game-with-a-new-twist

If you go to the creator's website, they have the first chapter of the game available for free.

http://www.gatosalvajestudio.com/english/

-----

and finally (for now):

Pandora: Purge of Pride

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roscone/pandora-purge-of-pride

It's a platform puzzler created by a few recent college student grads. The game is for the most part done. They largely need the money for the licenses to be able to sell it. Plus the picture of them together, as well as the company logo made me laugh.

Amazing how far we’ve come now

There are only SIX HOURS left … It’s time for the hard sell… ;)

We *need* your assistance, with this Indiegogo campaign to raise completion funds for Echo, a short live-action, contemporary fantasy film featuring modern, advanced, STOP MOTION creature effects.

We need your financial help to raise a good completion fund, so that we can put every effort into making this a fitting showcase of modern stop motion creature effects, AND a fitting tribute to Ray Harryhausen, who sadly passed away today.

PLEASE CONTRIBUTE… Even if it’s only a couple of bucks/quid! Every penny will go towards putting great stop motion creature effects on the screen!

http://igg.me/at/echoShortFilm/x/267954

PS : If you've already contributed, PLEASE, try and convince someone lovely to do the same. There are warm fuzzies for all! :)