• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Apat14

Kickstarter Thread - Post all Kickstarter links here!

Here's the second page (thanks to the word limit). No links to most of them - I can't be arsed any more.

- A Hat in Time (so psyched for this one!)

- A.N.N.E.

- Alice: Otherworlds

- Alum

- AR-K

- Armikrog

- [del]A Small Favour[/del] (didn't reach goal)

- Barkley 2

- [del]BIT Parts[/del] (didn't reach goal)

- Chasm

- Cryamore

- Days of Dawn

- Divinity: Original Sin

- Don't Quit Ya Day Job

- Energy Hook

- [del]Expedition Unknown[/del] (didn't reach goal)

- Ghost Song: A Journey of Hope

- HERO: Monster Girl Quest 3D (Google it. Just bear in mind it's not really safe for work!)

- Hero-U: Road to Redemption

- Last Dream

- Legend of Iya

- Lioness

- Mage's Initiation

- Monochroma

- My Life as a Video Game

- Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet

- OMINOUS!

- [del]Oz: Action Adventure[/del] (aka: OZombie - cancelled due to lack of interest)

- Pinball Arcade: Terminator 2 Judgement Day

- Radio the Universe

- Rugged Kingdom

- Saintly

- [del]SAMSA[/del] (didn't reach goal)

- Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues (cancelled pledge when I realized it was online-only, something I'm very against)

- Shovel knight

- Star Trek: Renegades

- Soul Saga

- Super Ubi Land (renamed Super Ubie Land to avoid problems with Ubisoft)

- [del]The Adventures of Dash[/del] (didn't reach goal)

- [del]The Realm Game[/del] (didn't reach goal)

- The St. Christopher School Lockdown

- Whispering Willows

- [del]Worlds of Wander[/del] (didn't reach goal)

I won't list the ones still active, but there's 5 of them and you can probably guess what they are.

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/taukic7vrs8pealf.jpg

Video games combined from two accounts. I tend to step out of projects shortly before they fail in order to keep the space clean, so, no Vampyre Story, Dropsy, ... in here. I regret backing Shroud of the Avatar, the game is steering into a direction i don't like this much. My interest for Massive Chalice cooled down (no Bards, pffhh), Broken Sword (i don't like the look but i hope that it will be able to bring back the atmosphere from the first part), Star Citizen (only interested in the single player part and watching how the campaign evolves) and Tex Murphy (i like the music but i hope the adventure will be worth it as well). I'm curious about Armikrog. and don't want to know anything about it until it's done. The DFA is the only project i'm following and still having high hopes for (also for a better title). FTL delivered, such a brilliant game, except that it's slightly too hard. A few weeks ago i found out that i missed a cool project but i already forgot the name.

Reincarnation: The Root of All Evil - this is the one I meant when I mentioned guys starting other projects before finishing their main one. He did a separate t-shirt Kickstarter, and he's also got an Android runner game in the works. Hmm.

I didn't know about had forgotten about that t-shirt Kickstarter. I know he's been having a hard time getting the game finished though. He's working on it in his spare time, and seems more or less burnt out from the work load, judging by the updates.

I actually got beta access to the Android runner game a couple of days ago. It's called Terrible Teeth and I'm not quite sure what to say about it. I didn't find it very interesting I guess. It's very simplistic.

- A Hat in Time (so psyched for this one!)

Yeah, that's definitely one of the games I'm most excited about. It looks amazing already.

And I've got to say that's some list you've got there. I'm impressed.

I actually got beta access to the Android runner game a couple of days ago. It's called Terrible Teeth and I'm not quite sure what to say about it. I didn't find it very interesting I guess. It's very simplistic.
Likewise. It's... OK. Nothing spectacular, but I've seen worse.

Could do with a screen telling you the instructions though - I didn't know you could come to a full stop until the loading screen told me I could RIGHT after I'd died in a situation when I really could have used the ability.

Could do with a screen telling you the instructions though - I didn't know you could come to a full stop until the loading screen told me I could RIGHT after I'd died in a situation when I really could have used the ability.

That would have been an improvement. I also found the controls a bit awkward. Just running and jumping worked fine, but freeing those captured teeth sometimes required an amount of control that the game didn't really seem to provide.

That would have been an improvement. I also found the controls a bit awkward. Just running and jumping worked fine, but freeing those captured teeth sometimes required an amount of control that the game didn't really seem to provide.

Yeah, I just gave up on that after a while. If I got one, great. If not, meh.

X6Ca2zU.jpg?1

Feb 2011: Grandroids - $50

Feb 2012: Double Fine -$30

Mar 2012: Banner Saga - $100

Mar 2012: Wasteland 2 - $250

Apr 2012: Shadowrun Returns - $15

May 2012: Tex Murphy - $15

Jun 2012: Dead State - $15

Sept 2012: Project Eternity - $140

Mar 2013: Torment Numenera - $110

May 2013: Armikrog - $20

hey one of those isn't a video game

yeah i'm trying to restrict my backing to just games but charlie kaufman + stop motion animation = i couldn't resist

[huge list]

dang, i haven't even heard of most of those. i almost feel bad for only backing things that got mainstream attention and not digging for those hidden gems

[huge list]

dang, i haven't even heard of most of those. i almost feel bad for only backing things that got mainstream attention and not digging for those hidden gems

Yeah. Normally when something big gets my attention, I'll browse through the site and see what else is going on, and normally a few of those will seem interesting enough to get $15 from me.

-VGHS (S2) ($315)

Video Game High School? That's not a game either. Shame on you!

I know AdventurOS was mentioned in the crowdfunding thread on the TTG forums, but a search on it here didn't turn up any results. It's an RPG/metroidvania hybrid that scans your computer and builds the in-game environment based on the folder and file content.

They have 9 days left of their campaign and are at $15,000 of their $10,000 goal, aiming at their second stretch goal, which includes a challenge mode, more detailed graphics and animation and more languages.

They also just launched on Steam Greenlight and if they get greenlit, everyone who backs the project will receive Steam keys.

I don't have a lot of cash usually. The only ones I've backed were Massive Chalice, A Hat in Time, and Lioness. I'll probably back Mighty No 9 and maybe River City Ransom: Underground though.

I had a problem for a while there. I've backed 39 projects(most of which are in Darth's list already). I've severely cut back in backing though. Probably the coolest reward I got that wasn't the final project is a signed drawing by John K. There was no indication that it'd be signed, so that's cool.

Also: my previous post was just the ones in the Game category. I've also backed:

-A local donut shop(no regrets, even though people say I'm stupid)

-JETSAM Wallets(this is still my wallet)

-Several film projects:

-Masaaki Yuasa's Kick-Heart

-Bill Plympton's Cheatin'

-Michel Gagne's Saga of Rex

-Charlie Kaufman's Anomalisa

-Phil Tippet's Mad God

-SMB Theater Goes TO SPACE!

-The graphic novel "Sullivan's Sluggers"(the book is gorgeous but I regret backing this for convoluted shitty reasons)

Also: my previous post was just the ones in the Game category. I've also backed:

Local endeavours are the most appropriate to back aren't they? Help people you actually know to succeed. I vaguely remember this, but unless there was something extremely fishy about the project, why not?

Local endeavours are the most appropriate to back aren't they? Help people you actually know to succeed. I vaguely remember this, but unless there was something extremely fishy about the project, why not?

Nothing fishy about it at all. I didn't know the lady personally per se, but I'd bought donuts from her temporary cart in the farmer's market, and I thought a permanent location was a great idea and something I wanted to help happen.

I think people just saw it as buying a dozen donuts three months in advance, though. My reward was a dozen donuts, a beverage, and a mug. But, yeah, I thought small, local things WERE some of the better things to back on Kickstarter.

Nothing fishy about it at all. I didn't know the lady personally per se, but I'd bought donuts from her temporary cart in the farmer's market, and I thought a permanent location was a great idea and something I wanted to help happen.

I think people just saw it as buying a dozen donuts three months in advance, though. My reward was a dozen donuts, a beverage, and a mug. But, yeah, I thought small, local things WERE some of the better things to back on Kickstarter.

Watching people play Cart Life has given me a whole new respect for cart vendors.

I never thought to look for local companies on Kickstarter. I support local businesses when I can anyways, so this seems like a natural step.

Watching people play Cart Life has given me a whole new respect for cart vendors.

I never thought to look for local companies on Kickstarter. I support local businesses when I can anyways, so this seems like a natural step.

The Kickstarter front page actually has local Kickstarters right under the Staff Picks, so it's really easy to skim through what's being done in your area.

I am surprised that they didn't make the connection to Super Turrican. Seriously this is pretty much a Turrican game with different sprites.

The Kickstarter front page actually has local Kickstarters right under the Staff Picks, so it's really easy to skim through what's being done in your area.

I didn't know that, thank you! I'll have to check that out. I've only been on Kickstarter a couple of times, once to pledge for Wasteland 2, and a couple more to check out projects I didn't have the funds for. But I went directly to their pages, not to the main site page itself.

Is it me, or does the protagonist of Hyper Light Drifter look like Jack Black in Nacho Libre?

Wow, great colours and a very nice mood.

But watching the trailer reminds me a little bit of games where the game design/level design/gameplay can't compete with the presentation. I remember how i once was looking forward to Bastion, especially due to the narration. Once i started playing it, the magic disappeared rather quickly.

Dunno, i guess that's why i love FTL this much, it's no dazzler, the inner values of the game rock, it's convincing as a game. A quality which a number of artsy/good looking games are missing these days, they look awesome but they aren't awesome to play. Sometimes that's enough already, particularly when they are telling a story and playing with your emotions, but you also don't want every game to be this way.

Anyway Desasterpiece most likely will come up with another good soundtrack.

Taxi Journey is Lexis Numérique's second attempt at Kickstarting this interesting looking puzzle 2D platformer adventure game. Games as LIMBO and Machinarium are mentioned as inspirations for the game, and it's obvious in the art presented in the pitch, but they seem to have developed their own unique style as well.

The initial goal is for a Windows and Wii U version of the game, with a modest stretch goal of $10,000 for Mac and Linux, and Android and iPad versions if they manage another $30,000 on top of that.