• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Apat14

Kickstarter Thread - Post all Kickstarter links here!

Taxi Journey is Lexis Numérique's second attempt at Kickstarting this interesting looking puzzle 2D platformer adventure game. Games as LIMBO and Machinarium are mentioned as inspirations for the game, and it's obvious in the art presented in the pitch, but they seem to have developed their own unique style as well.

The initial goal is for a Windows and Wii U version of the game, with a modest stretch goal of $10,000 for Mac and Linux, and Android and iPad versions if they manage another $30,000 on top of that.

"it's all about emotions"?

EiTowCuwF-E

No, but seriously, this looks pretty cool.

Conspirocracy

A Canadian point-and-click adventure game about lost identity in a bureaucratic world. A project for the Foundation Fighting Blindness.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/conspirocracy

Conspirocracy is set in an "exaggerated, highly-bureaucratic re-imagining of Toronto", where a school teacher wakes one morning to discover that "his entire life is missing from public record. His bank account, his health care, his credit cards are all frozen when the government declares him to be a non-person." In order to reclaim his lost identity, he'll need to minimize the stress on his weak heart even as he struggles against the "nefarious forces that have conspired against him."Loosely inspired by the Douglas Adams classic text adventure Bureaucracy, Conspirocracy promises to include retro-styled pixel art graphics, full voice acting, "challenging" puzzles, unlockable achievements, and a "stress management system" that requires players to monitor anxiety levels, as too many stressful incidents can kill the protagonist.

I came across this game while on adventuregamers.com. It's Canadian, I'm Canadian, there's a Monkey Island reference in the trailer - I couldn't help but get excited. There's less than 2 weeks left on it's indegogo, and it's not even 50 percent it's goal yet, and half of funds raised goes to charity. I think they're using it more as a pre-order type thing, and to help get it released sooner, seeing as much of the game is already made. I check out the double fine forums every day even though I'm not much of a poster, and I just thought I should share with all you lovely Double Fine people!

Pmiq-zp-FGs

It seems like it's pretty much always harder to raise money on IndieGoGo. The Ubuntu phone made crowd funding records, but that was a special case with all the media attention it got and it didn't actually get funded. I'll admit I've only backed a handful of projects on IndieGoGo myself, and I don't think it's due to a lack of interesting projects. I mean I find that pretty unlikely with the amount of projects on the platform. They just rarely get any attention on any of the gaming sites I follow.

$50K in the span of two days and otherwise at a total of less than $5K? Yeah, that's not suspicious at all.

$50K in the span of two days and otherwise at a total of less than $5K? Yeah, that's not suspicious at all.

It gets better, flesk, much better. There indeed isn't anything suspicious, because this guy actually thinks all's well when he pumps daddy's money into the Kickstarter.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3532967&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=589#post419427665

Haha, that's rich. The things you do to keep your son from moving back in with you.

I don't even know what to say to this. Ouya have designed a terrible system with FTG, and people are exploiting it to the max. It should never have gone through in the first place, and the response on Ouya's part has been shockingly inadequate.

A complete balls-up all round.

the only thing ouya could do now to earn my respect back is to admit they fucked up, cancel the contest and maybe offer a publishing deal to the one game that looked possibly legit (neverending nightmares)

I heard somewhere that they checked to see if the Mutant League Football copyright had expired before starting this. It did.

The Shantae Kickstarter has hiimdaisy on board.

As in, Persona 4 and Metal Gear Solid fancomic hiimdaisy.

I'm even more psyched.

At least this seems like a turn for the better for Ouya. It seems sketchy to pull the funds on this one project unless there's some unknown clause in their conditions allowing them to do that, but at least they're trying to get out of the mess they've created for themselves. It might be a little late for Ouya though, and I wonder how relevant a console like that will be in the near future anyway.

I'm starting to worry that Hyper Light Drifter is getting in over it's head. Just keeps piling on money and new goals. While the game isn't getting a ridiculous amount of funding, they are getting a lot more than they initially expected(I know a lot of projects put low goals to ensure some funding, but this game currently sits at over 800%). I just hope that they are experienced enough to budget properly and know what they're doing.

it doesn't seem like the new terms they came up with are going to prevent fraud any better. they're just digging their hole deeper and deeper.

It's nostalgic rubbish though. I remember having a lot of fun with it on my Amiga. Not sure that it would hold up well today though.

Still, it's kind of weird that Superfrog HD launched on Steam a little over a week ago and now there's a James Pond Kickstarter. Both are games I have very fond memories of from a time when Mario, Sonic and the Disney platformers pretty much totally ruled the platforming genre.

I doubt that they'll make it. The James Pond games were mediocre platformers (Bubble Bobble, Fire & Ice, Superfrog, Giana Sisters, ... were a lot better) and they lack this internet fan base willing to throw millions of dollars towards them for a 2D platformer.

I'm going to be that guy and post my own link :)

I'm kickstarting a sequel to my first adventure game. The Ballads of Reemus 2 continues the story of Reemus, a medieval exterminator and his sidekick Liam the purple bear as try to legitimize extermination as a heroic career path.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1311956304/the-ballads-of-reemus-2-2d-point-and-click-adventu

If you're interested, the first Ballads of Reemus is a part of the Indie Royale Golden Jubilee Bundle. Right now it's $2 for Reemus and 5 other games, only 2 days left to grab it though.

www.indieroyale.com

Thanks!

Jay

I remember seeing James Pond in the video game rental section of Blockbuster. Even as a kid I think I realized what a truly shitty pun that is. It's so bad that it's bad. James Pond. Heh.

Please someone back Mutant Football League. I don't want to wait another 20 years for a chance at a new game.