• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Apat14

Kickstarter Thread - Post all Kickstarter links here!

Please someone back Mutant Football League. I don't want to wait another 20 years for a chance at a new game.

hmmm, a week in and it's only made $39000 of a $750000 goal? no hope, my friend. i'm sorry.

There's a comedy RPG Kickstarter up called Citizens of Earth, in which you recruit regular people to fight against aliens or something. When you win battles you "heroes" not only get better stats for combat, but they also get better at their profession.

The game will be available for Windows, Mac and Linux and there's already a demo available for Windows. And best of all, you get a DRM-free copy of the game for all three OSes for the low, low price of 15 Canadian dollars. Thats like 10 US cents or something.

No, it's actually just a little less than 15 USD.

Sorry about that. :$ Missed it because of that James Pond kickstarter CR mentioned.

So, a couple of projects have been fully backed. Hot Tin Roof, Shantae (which has a Paypal store now, so no excuses now!)... it's all good.

One more project did catch my eye - The Fall, a Metroid-inspired game with adventure game elements and combat that utilizes cover. Take a look - I think it's pretty cool. Plus, it's inspired by Metroid. What more do you need?

I'd also like to mention Taxi Journey, a puzzle platformer that looks gorgeous and doesn't seem to be CLOSE to reaching its goal :(

Also unlikely to meet its goal (and I really don't know why, it looks awesome) is Blood Alloy, another Metroid-inspired game that utilizes a combat system similar to Dark Souls... with guns. Seriously, they're not even asking for all that much in the grand scheme of things. There's even a demo so you can see how cool it is first-hand! Life is unfair sometimes.

I'd also like to mention Taxi Journey, a puzzle platformer that looks gorgeous and doesn't seem to be CLOSE to reaching its goal :(

*ahem*

Taxi Journey is Lexis Numérique's second attempt at Kickstarting this interesting looking puzzle 2D platformer adventure game. Games as LIMBO and Machinarium are mentioned as inspirations for the game, and it's obvious in the art presented in the pitch, but they seem to have developed their own unique style as well.

The initial goal is for a Windows and Wii U version of the game, with a modest stretch goal of $10,000 for Mac and Linux, and Android and iPad versions if they manage another $30,000 on top of that.

That was three pages back though, so thanks for bringing some attention back to it. I'd love to see it funded, but as you say, it doesn't look very realistic at the moment.

This young lady's game I think hasn't got enough attention. It's about a blind girl who leaves the safety of her home to find her missing kitty friend. The world is painted in as she discovers things with her other senses.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/beyond-eyes/

That chick is hot in a 'girl next door' way. Totally backing (into) her. :P

If anyone's interested in horror/atmospheric style titles, Neverending Nightmares is in its last few days.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/infinitap/neverending-nightmares

This young lady's game I think hasn't got enough attention. It's about a blind girl who leaves the safety of her home to find her missing kitty friend. The world is painted in as she discovers things with her other senses.

I'm intrigued. Looks like a really interesting way to play with visuals.

Interesting concept. I feel like it's got kind of a Murakami feel to it.

Backed.

Find a dog, teach it to drive. Have all the humans in your party die. Make the dog recruit other dogs until your band of survivors consists of 5 dogs driving a muscle car.
ok

Did you like Wind Waker?

Did you like Dark Souls?

Would you like a game inspired by both?

If you said "Shut Up and Take My Money!", then you'll probably want to check out Cornerstone: The Song of Tyrim, which claims to be both, but in reality just looks like a Wind Waker knock-off.

Which I personally have absolutely ZERO problem with, by the way.

Don't believe me? Here:

F3ZtJHdE2PQ

The only thing that surprises me is that they've not announced a WiiU version as a stretch goal. Or maybe that would be a bit too blatant, I dunno.

Lx9SG2E.png

...I think they'll need a bit more than THAT to get more backers.

(Shantae looks super cute in those pajamas though!)

ou89uNW.jpg

They'll be porting it to the Razor Toaster next...

(I really want that Call level. Hope it happens!)

Oh jeez, my poor wallet...

Also, here's a weird crossover. Hyper Light Drifter and Shantae are each offering exclusive sidequests featuring Drifter / Risky Boots.

What a wonderfully bizarre concept! Love it.

Also: MIGHTY No. 9 WILL BE GETTING BOTH THE SP CALL STAGE AND THE RETRO SOUNDTRACK. I know at least 2 people will be delighted at this (and yes, I'm one of them).

Mighty No. 9's Kickstarter has ended, and they managed to pull in enough (Kickstarter and Paypal combined) to do every stretch goal they had listed.

Hmm, a suggestion for all those adventure like projects where there isn't a celebrity and a convincing track record behind: Demonstrate one scene which shows a puzzle/gameplay which you think is great and representative for the game as well as some dialogue.

Mostly i give a fuck about which technology is being used as long as it works. Okay, obviously certain types of games shouldn't be done in certain engines also due to potential problems especially less experienced devs otherwise might run into then but presenting just the artsy stuff alone again and again doesn't offer enough information about a game. Will the puzzles be interesting enough? Will you dig the style/humour of the game? ... I mean after a bunch of those projects you mostly know how to evaluate them but it could give those projects a push which have something to offer.