Double Fine Action Forums
Apat14

Kickstarter Thread - Post all Kickstarter links here!

So, Obduction announced Oculus Rift support as an official stretch goal.

I really hope that makes some waves in the Oculus Rift community. The project really needs at least one big boost to get the projections back on track, and I'm not sure how they're going to do that.

I really hope that makes some waves in the Oculus Rift community. The project really needs at least one big boost to get the projections back on track, and I'm not sure how they're going to do that.

Generally, bigger KS projects make 1/3 of the money in the first few days and 1/3 in the last few days. The projections don't account for that.

A science fiction/horror adventure game inspired by the likes of The Dig and Sanitarium: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bischoff/stasis-2d-isometric-scifi-horror-adventure-game

Teaser trailer:

Demo (1GB download): http://www.stasisgame.com/getstasis/

Funded and I'll have to play that demo at some point. I've been keeping an eye on this one for ages. At least a year and a half... maybe more.

Dead Meat Kickstarter is half way funded, but over 2/3 done with the campaign itself. Guess that won't be funded then D:

d8b28c213f4c6716b40d32388bb33ffe_large.png?1383642206

Also, the game will be released in two episodes. If you backed it, you WILL get both.

It looks awesome!!

I love the look of the characters.

Finally some more good adventure game news.

The Kickstarter for Wings is live now.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850516062/wings-remastered-edition/comments

It was one my favorite games for the Amiga, a pretty unique cinematic (in the right way for a game!) flight action game. It's based on an old silent film, and tells the games story in a similiar way with extracts from a diary, and silent film title cards. Hope people can afford to take a few minutes to check out the kickstarter, because I've been hoping for an updated version since Cinemaware closed 10 years ago. :)

Teaser with gameplay from the prototype

Kickstarter video

The Kickstarter for Wings is live now.

Oh neat. This is much better than their previous campaign video (although it's a shame to not see the woman from that working on the game).

The "available for porting" wording of their Linux/Amiga OS stretch goal is a little confusing.

I hope they make it though!

Hey

My name is Oded Sharon, i’m the CEO of Adventure Mob.

Recently I've been pouring my life into a new game called Bolt Riley that I've worked on since November 2011.

I'm surprised nobody posted about it yet.

http://bolt-riley.com/

It’s a 2D point and click adventure game I designed myself along with legendary game designers Corey and Lori Cole who made Quest for Glory. It tells the story of the greatest Reggae musician that ever lived and deals with many important subjects like dealing with racism, bullying and oppression, it has themes of peace, love, and friendship.

Please check it out on Kickstarter:

http://bolt-riley.com/ks

Oh and check out update #3 where I talk about meeting one of my idols:

Update #3

11324c59e738829e399a9ab44305ace5_large.JPG?1383339907

Thanks!

Oded

now_cover.jpghttp://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soundguy/bolt-riley-a-reggae-adventure-game/posts/648297

Please stop registering just to promote a Kickstarter and then leave.

Half a dozen people have done this (at least) already and I'm starting to get a little exhausted. I'm sorry if I come off as a jerk.

To be fair, it is HIS Kickstarter.

But yeah, it can get a little tiring when people do that. We had the issue once back at TTG when it was actually a forum, and I seem to recall us cracking down on it pretty quick.

I think I'm okay with it. It's in right thread and it's about a Kickstarter. It's not just spam.

Eh, I'm still just the new guy though. What do I know.

Yeah, I think I posted it over in the other Kickstarter collection thread, but I never realized that it was a Broken Age backers-only thread. I'm almost sure that he basically realized that and put this post up. Incidentally, I kind of wish that the two Kickstarter threads would get merged (over here would be best) but that could be a royal pain in the ass. Having two of the same thread is kinda confusing though. Maybe thread-lock the other with a link to this one in the final post?

I don't see a huge problem with forum reg to post a single post rather than a whole topic in the right place about a relevant campaign (that is, an adventure game), but I'm obviously heavily biased as a backer of said project, and I have a soft spot for classic point-n-clicks, especially with cel-animation. ^_^

Clearly that logic wouldn't scale if *every* video game project creator came on for a single post, of course.

I think I'm okay with it. It's in right thread and it's about a Kickstarter. It's not just spam.

You're cool, I've seen your posts in the off topic fairly frequently so I don't know if you're 'the new guy' any more :)

I've seen your posts in the off topic fairly frequently so I don't know if you're 'the new guy' any more

It's my sanctuary; a place to keep my trophies.

I agree. Isn't the point of this thread to let people know about Kickstarter projects? The fact that this project is a point-and-click adventure game makes it all the more interesting to me and arguably more relevant for this particular forum, which has a significant number of contributors who are adventure game fans.

Look, we sometimes see gaming forum threads which are little more than non-game related chat involving just a few regulars. And I don't have a huge problem with it. But I personally get more out of hearing developers promoting their games than I do from chat room-style social threads.

I say we cut this guy some slack for working hard to promote his adventure game.

Theory just launched an Indiegogo campaign for their game Reset.

It's an interesting looking puzzle game.

A sci-fi noir, a mystery, a first person puzzle game. Reset is infused with mind boggling puzzles, a grippingly haunting but beautiful story and an unparalleled immersive atmosphere.

Reset is a single player adventure. The unique game mechanic in Reset is the ability to travel back in time to solve puzzles co-operatively with yourself. You multiply yourself by first marking a place/time of re-entry in the game world and then proceeding to complete one part of a puzzle. You then reset (jump back in time) to the re-entry mark creating two separate co-existing timelines. But the mechanic is not limited to two timelines, more elaborate puzzles have multiple timelines for some serious mind fun.

g063gr1SPWU

cykASdovFD4

Wow, that 'Reset' game looks like it would be a mountain shed of uber-fun . What a perfectly simple concept of quite complex mechanics; much like 'Portal' before it. However, I'm still not going to break my oath of not funding anymore Kickstarters. I just hope it gets funded all the same and then I can buy a copy at a later date.