Double Fine Action Forums
Apat14

Kickstarter Thread - Post all Kickstarter links here!

Look, we sometimes see gaming forum threads which are little more than non-game related chat involving just a few regulars. And I don't have a huge problem with it. But I personally get more out of hearing developers promoting their games than I do from chat room-style social threads.

I say we cut this guy some slack for working hard to promote his adventure game.

I'm only annoyed at a couple of people in the past who only registered to make one post promoting their Kickstarter, and left, never to come back. Which I'm assuming he isn't going to do. And I honestly look back at that post and feel like a massive jerk. And I apologize, and you're right. Kickstarters are incredibly hard, and I respect anyone who has the guts to try it.

I'm actually totally with medacris here. It's really annoying and dickish to sign up to a forum just to shove your product in everyone's faces and then never come back. I don't come here for people to sell me their stuff. It also leads to me ignoring this thread for the most part to avoid it, which leads to me missing out on other members posting links to Kickstarters that might actually interest me.

Hey, remember how Shadowrun: Returns was mostly a Steam thing with the whole DRM-Free aspect being essentially a worse product as a result?

Not any more!

Thanks to a new agreement we were able to negotiate with our partners at Microsoft, Harebrained Schemes is pleased to announce that we are now able to release fully DRM-free versions of Shadowrun Returns and future expansions such as Berlin.

The DRM-free versions of SRR and Berlin will continue to be fully supported. You'll be able to download all game patches, use the Shadowrun Returns editor and experience user-generated content downloaded from third-party sites such as Nexus.

We’re starting work to get Shadowrun Returns available on GOG.com right now - not sure how long that will take but we’ll let you know as soon as we have an answer.

We’re very excited we’re finally able to offer Shadowrun DRM-free to everyone and look forward to making it available!

I agree with you, medacris, but I think it's more annoying with the people (it's mostly one guy) who create separate threads for every Kickstarter they come across over at the DFA general discussion zone. Oded Sharon actually joined the forums shortly after the DFA Kickstarter and has backed Massive Chalice as well, so I'm fine with him promoting his game when he even does so in the right thread. Not having a go at you though, since I certainly understand your initial annoyance.

In defence of the other guy, he totally posted a pic of himself with Tim Schafer and put some thought into how to engage with us. Bonus points for that. Plus he's been working with the Coles (Quest for Glory and Hero-U), which was what caught my eye when I first heard about it.

The Slaughter: The game I have been locked in my room creating for many months, and will be creating for many months to come.

It's a point-and-click set in Victorian London. You can be sure it follows the golden rules as laid down by Ron and Tim.

tumblr_mw7qdkNW1x1syyjsno1_1280.png

Check out the kickstarter and trailer: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/510736733/the-slaughter

(p.s. please don't hate me, I know I've only posted twice but I've been working on this non-stop for a looong time, I want to share it with you guys as you're the exact people I'm making it for)

Haha, I thought it gave it a bit of charm, I'd feel like I'm taking myself to seriously if it was a standard picture.

p.s. The words originally said 'THIS ASSHOLE' but I thought it might be a bit much!

Game Name: Windforge

Developer : Snowed In Studios Inc.

Windforge is a 2D building block RPG that seamlessly combines gameplay like Contra with the freedom and building of Minecraft. Build airships and explore hostile skies in an ever changing Steampunk world. Everything you see can be created or destroyed, yielding an RPG without barriers that rewards creative problem solving and improvisation.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/snowedinstudios/windforge/

Rw-ALCtLB6U

The Slaughter: The game I have been locked in my room creating for many months, and will be creating for many months to come.

It's a point-and-click set in Victorian London. You can be sure it follows the golden rules as laid down by Ron and Tim.

Check out the kickstarter and trailer: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/510736733/the-slaughter

(p.s. please don't hate me, I know I've only posted twice but I've been working on this non-stop for a looong time, I want to share it with you guys as you're the exact people I'm making it for)

How could I hate a fellow Brit? Hope you manage to do this, it looks interesting.

How could I hate a fellow Brit? Hope you manage to do this, it looks interesting.

You're a real gent Marsden, thank you for your support!

I do welcome this stuff as long as it's topical for the forum. If people start posting about their project for a new graphic novel or clothing line, that's different... unless someone's making another Robocop statue.

It's so funny, I've been emailing all the Games and Indie Games blogs, who's main purpose is to support indie games, and haven't heard a peep back from them.

I tweet the trailer to Tim and within 15 minutes he replies back: "@thebrained @DoubleFine @grumpygamer Looks cool, man! Good luck!"

Such an amazing guy, wish more people were like him!

As a backer of Massive Chalice, the next kickstarter I am most excited about is:

The Mandate

The Mandate Kickstarter

As the captain of a Mandate starship, you lead a crew through the galaxy where they will adapt and grow as they fight alongside you.

Explore a world of culture, with 1500 years of lore, ruled by the Tsars. Survive a world of pirates, mercenaries & faction forces with their own agendas. Make enemies, or appease more powerful factions. The world reacts to your choices, and you must live with the consequences.

Utilize the human chain of command to manage your crew. All hailing from various colony ships, tasked by you to fill their stations. Watch them grow, learn, and experience… watch them tire, break down, and die.

Ships in The Mandate are the crew’s home. Blast through shields and bulkheads to knock out the various sub-systems, ejecting the crew into space – all in real time. Board the enemy, or defend against boarding! Fight from space as your friends put boots on the ground, or team-up and storm the enemy ship with RTS mechanics.

Scavenge derelict wrecks and salvage what you can to survive. Expand your home base to rearm, upgrade and design new ships. Grow from a single frigate to a powerful battle squadron.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236117571/her-majestys-spiffing

Hey all!

Many thanks to [em]Double Fine & Tim[/em] for revitalising an interest in adventure games.

I'm Alec, I work for a small Belfast based studio called BillyGoat Entertainment (http://www.billygoat.tv/)

We have developed and published a few mobile games but have a deep childhood love of classic point and click adventure games.

Now we are proudly focused on our own adventure game 'Her Majesty’s SPIFFING' for PC, Mac & Linux.

Definitely worth checking out if your a fan of Monty python, blackadder, red dwarf, Terry Pratchett/Discworld and the like.

Her Majesty's SPIFFING is a quaint point and click adventure game following the exploits of Captain Frank Lee English and his trusted regional accented colleague, Alad, as they travel through the cosmos in search of new planets to claim for the British Empire.

We've self-funded the work on it so far, though Her Majesty the Queen of England kindly seeks one's assistance in this intergalactic point and click adventure game, and are now seeking funding via kickstarter, to help keep us developing our dream project.

Check out our kickstarter campaign page for more detailed information.

We welcome your feedback and if you like what we are doing then please help back us & spread the word to other adventure game fans :)

Thanks for reading, and I'll leave you with a bit of the work we've self-funded so far:

(early gameplay video)

df3ca60e10e1cd7b792a91030155be8e_large.jpg

307e4a05ac752fa5b7b955d44f53524c_large.jpg

621d160b33dcd72de622b59f6692a9ad_large.jpg

59fc543e10807fdd7be7e21ae3a6b5a0_large.gif

Oh no... another fellow Brit with a Kickstarter for an adventure game...

...it's like you WANT me to go bankrupt or something! Gah!

(Backed. Obviously.)

@Darth, Thank you very much! Her Maj' approves!

we'll be updating it as much as we can over the next month, while frantically trying to do this marketing fandagle stuff. *just wants to make pretty 3D tings*

As much as I hate to bring it up, can you ask what the future for the game would be if it they don't happen to meet their goal? Would be interested to know.

It's super late, but the archive of our chat with Ryan Vandendyck of Eden Industries is now up for listening. He doesn't elaborate on plans but says that exciting stuff is on the horizon and that they won't be stopping work on the project. Hopefully we'll hear something new soon :)

Am I the only one excited about Festival of Magic?

I know I'm probably the only one exited about it, but Festival of Magic has a Kickstarter campaign up now. It's an adventure RPG, with turn-based combat and a world that looks open and interesting.

One of the things I like about it, is that it's got side activities you can tend to beside the adventuring, like tending to a farm in your home town that you can conveniently get to throughout the game. Only you don't farm traditional crops like cabbages and carrots, but rather stuff like potions and ammo that you'll use in combat.