Double Fine Action Forums
Apat14

Kickstarter Thread - Post all Kickstarter links here!

Same here. There's just been too many interesting Kickstarters lately.

Things don't look good for Jason the Greek at the moment unfortunately. I wonder if it was such a good idea to have such a low entry point for the game and having so many low tiers.

Thanks Flesk and Darth, you guys are awesome! Can't believe we made it!!!

Hmm, I think it might have helped to have the price a bit higher too, but it's still not impossible for them to make it!

Jason the Greek has really picked up steam since yesterday. Looks like it has a real chance at making it now.

Amazingly, Jason the Greek is well over its £10.000 goal, and it still has 11 hour left of the campaign. It was only at £7000 earlier this week, so that's quite the turn-around.

...The voice actress for Nico is fine. Just like always...

Are you serious, Nico's voice has always been fine?! Did you play the (awful) Director's Cut of the original 'Broken Sword'? I believe the original voice actress returned for the new Nico segments in that game but she did an unbelievably bad job; seemingly uninterested in even attempting to do a French accent or delivering her lines with even an ounce of energy. It jars horribly with the original audio content.

Sadly, Super World Karts GP fell short of its goal by around $4,200. Not gonna be a great Christmas for that guy. :(

first time i hear about this game.

Still, some parts of the tracks look like they were copy pasted from Super Mariokart on SNES, they even copied the Ghost Valley shortcut

...The voice actress for Nico is fine. Just like always...

Are you serious, Nico's voice has always been fine?! Did you play the (awful) Director's Cut of the original 'Broken Sword'? I believe the original voice actress returned for the new Nico segments in that game but she did an unbelievably bad job; seemingly uninterested in even attempting to do a French accent or delivering her lines with even an ounce of energy. It jars horribly with the original audio content.

I have very few memories of the Director's Cut. I've managed to thankfully purge them from my mind.

I have very few memories of the Director's Cut. I've managed to thankfully purge them from my mind.

A very wise decision indeed. I never bothered with the Director's Cut of the second game ('The Smoking Mirror') because of the vastly inferior nature of the first Director's Cut. Does anyone know if it was any better the second time around?

I voted despite not pitching into the Kickstarter (lack of money, etc.) The Call design I voted for was the design I voted for because she looked the least like a rehash of Roll.

I might be the only person here who gives a shit about La-Mulana, but there is now a Kickstarter to fund its sequel, La-Mulana 2.

I might be the only person here who gives a shit about La-Mulana, but there is now a Kickstarter to fund its sequel, La-Mulana 2.
Awesome. My only problem is the whole skeleton-key-costumes thing. Seems a little harsh to restrict those to Kickstarter backers only.

Yeah, the way they're handling the skeleton key thing is kind of weird. I have a feeling people will just end up finding a way to get those costumes without the keys using mods/hacks.

Still, I've snagged the early-bird $40 tier so I'll be able to get my hands on the alpha. Gonna be one hell of a wait, though, considering that projected Dec. 2015 release date.

They made a mistake here too "She looks about 24".

lol

but I mean, come on. I'm kind of disturbed now.

I voted despite not pitching into the Kickstarter (lack of money, etc.) The Call design I voted for was the design I voted for because she looked the least like a rehash of Roll.

I didn't even know who Roll was in the Mega Man series as I only played MM2 on NES. Despite that I still wouldn't have voted for it's Mighty No9 copy. The 2 other design in the final were much better imo.

Maybe a little too inspired. It looks cool, but I feel it's one of those games that's a bit too similar and inferior. I'd play it for 30min and just turn it off and play Super Metroid. You'd just feel like you're playing a crappy Super Metroid. I mean, they use almost exact scenes, direction and animation that are reskinned. If the moments from the trailer are the ONLY moments in the game from SM, giving it a light peppering of "remember this?", great. I just have a feeling that there's more.

Check the Kickstarter page. It reeks of being Metroid-by-any-other-name.

Of course, since Nintendo don't seem to want to give us an actual Metroid, I'll take this with a smile.

Why does the Kickstarter homepage now look like it was made by Google? I don't like it. I liked everything visible.