Double Fine Action Forums
Apat14

Kickstarter Thread - Post all Kickstarter links here!

It's the recent change in the top right corner that bugs me most, used to be able to get a drop down list of recent updates of backed projects and now you have to go a couple of extra steps via the activity menu to get there.

For some reason, Canada gets these updates late. In the case of Facebook, sometimes 3-6 months late. It just changed yesterday for me.

There's already an extra thread, but I'll still post it here to make the thread complete:

Book of Unwritten Tales 2 Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingartgames/the-book-of-unwritten-tales-2

They're promising a lot at a very reasonable budget. I've been spreading the news about this game as some kind of Broken Age comparison - the first TBoUT game was created on a budget between 400,000 and 500,000€, including the game engine (no Moai there). I'd love to see what they could do with at least 400,000$, and they're in fact only asking for less than a quarter of that. Beautiful 2D adventure game, lots and lots of puzzles, alternative puzzle solutions, parallel puzzle chains, back this.

Well they don't ask for money to create this game from scratch. They are asking for extra money so they can add extra stuff / enhance the game that is already in the making.

Know'd. ;)

And it does sound interesting what they'd like to add. Not a big fan of "additional customes", really, but the rest is what adventure games actually need.

Y'know what I wish some of these Kickstarter projects had?

Mock-ups of what the game will look like.

(I've still backed both, but I found the lack of actual game details for Blackmore to be rather disconcerting. If you really want my money, you should give me at least some idea of what I'm effectively pre-ordering will look like)

Also, ReVeN made its goal, yay.

EDIT: Does this Lufia project look even remotely official? Or legally sound?

EDIT: Does this Lufia project look even remotely official? Or legally sound?
OK, so this is incredibly weird.

I asked them if this was an actual sequel or just a fan game, and got the following response:

the Japanese company that made the Lufia series Neverland co. ltd filed for bankruptcy last year and is now no longer in action that is how im able to go forward with this project
...um.

Now maybe this is just me being wrong, but surely the rights to Lufia lie with the publisher - in this case Taito/Squeenix - and not the developer? I'm genuinely concerned about this project's feasibility - they really don't seem to have done their research here!

(I haven't backed it, in case you're wondering, but the unprofessional aspect of this is definitely making me keep an eye on it!)

For some reason, Canada gets these updates late. In the case of Facebook, sometimes 3-6 months late. It just changed yesterday for me.

Hey, I'm from the UK, and despite signing up to be a beta tester for new facebook features, I'm still rocking the old style (no updates in right hand bar, old style logo, no graph search)

Does this Lufia project look even remotely official? Or legally sound?
Remember this? They cancelled it after one day. ONE DAY.

...wish I hadn't pointed out who actually owned the rights to Lufia now. Could have been fun watching them get a cease-and-desist from Squeenix.

In other news, here's a JRPG that teaches you Japanese. Shut up and take my money, etc.

Here's an interesting little adventure game currently on Kickstarter: Shrug Island.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iggynore/shrug-island

bf23bd364d553949f1fff12321f20c79_large.png?1393077539

It's a story of two friends returning home after a season and trying to find each other again. The impressionistic artwork and sound design are really intriguing. Music plays a bit part of the game; the characters sing to the land and each other, transforming themselves and the world around them.

The game is based on an animated short film (there's a link to it on the Kickstarter page) and a previous mobile game.

Yeah, I backed Shrug Island a couple of days ago after getting confirmation about a Linux version. Looks pretty interesting.

I was just about to post about that, but you beat me to it. Awesome!

Red Goddess also looks pretty sweet. Wish there was some mention of a Linux version though, but as far as I can see there's only a Mac stretch goal. Not including those from the start doesn't exactly make me believe they're making the proper technical choices to facilitate easy porting, but I could be wrong.

Red Goddess looks okay, but it looks like they are still unsure as to what they want it to be. A lot of talk about changing mechanics and such just because they can. In a strange twist, their write up actually talked me out of backing it(for now) after the video looked much more promising. It's a long ways away, but that project is getting no support and already looks like it wont even be close. It needs a big big hand.

Frog Fractions was a game that really needed a sequel!

Now if Pandemic 2's creators could kickstart a Pandemnic 3 instead of that darn Plague, Inc. rip-off I would gladly sponsor that.

Oh yeah Dead Synchronicity! I backed that one too. You don't see many dark adventure games.

aa2911907aad1152c9eb10a18eaebb80_large.jpg?1394472510

I love the stark, angular art style.

Check out the playable demo on the Dead Synchronicity Kickstarter page. (There's an extended demo available for project backers.)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fictiorama/dead-synchronicity-tct-a-dark-point-and-click-adve

Yeah, that looks cool!

Edit: Just tried the demo and I like it. The game's got a nice atmosphere and an interesting story.

And they just announced Linux support. Definitely backing it now, once I've registered my new credit card on Amazon.

If you haven't had enough of animal sims with Goat Simulator: Cat Simulator

There's also a puzzle platformer called The Land of Eyas that looks very interesting, but isn't doing so hot at the moment. The art style and color palette reminds me a bit of both FEZ and Super Meat Boy and it's a game where mastering gravity is a key element in progressing.