Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bad Asp

Would you back a Special Edition of Telltale's Sam and Max series if it was on Kickstarter?

I know this would probably fit more on the Telltale Games forum, but I think it needs to be posted here.

Let's face it... regarding the new episodic Sam and Max series, there are some things that you like about it, while other things about it you hate.

Among these are:

"I don't like the 3D graphics!"

"I don't like the voices of the characters!"

"I don't like the fact that they're short!"

"I don't like the fact that you can't combine items!"

"I don't like the fact that there isn't enough puzzles!"

etc. etc.

But if a remake of these games was being planned, and the project was announced on Kickstarter, it could help with some of the complaints that people might have about the game, if they have any.

The funding could be used for content not found in the original game, like new areas, items, and puzzles perhaps.

The original voice actors of Sam and Max (a.k.a. Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson) could be hired to voice the dialogue with enough funding, and provide an alternate voice option for those who are not satisfied with the current ones!

And let's not forget the option of multiple languages!

Question is, will Steve Purcell and/or Telltale Games agree to something like this?

I think we should make this happen, don't you?

YES, Yes and yes, but also NO, No and no. I mean, I commend the efforts of the fine folks over at Tell Tale games, but come on! Seriously! I Love Sam & Max, but the repetition is absurd! Few sets, collect these 3 things to pass this, I mean my favorite part was the dialogue, but to see a Sam & Max game done with crowd based funding would be awesome, but I would almost rather it be a different company. I don't usually get bored of adventure games but I kind of feel like Tell Tale games are card board cut outs of the real thing, some mild amusement.

Sign in to follow this