Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miriku

Double Fine-related dreams

Anybody besides me have any DFAF or PsychoNauts or Brutal Legend or etc. related dreams?

Because I sure have them. A notice before you read my dream description: Yes, I am an otaku/manga liker/whatever you want to call me.

Anyway, it's not much, but my dreams had come true in my dream...did that make sense?

Well, I was reading my 'dream edition' (no, it didn't say that on the cover) Shonen Jump, when I noticed somthing on the cover..'Inside-PsychoNauts sneak preview!'...I was in an utter state of shock. I turned to where it was in the magazine, and started reading it very carefully, as so not to miss any details. Too bad I woke up halfway through it. I was heartbroken to find out that it wasn't real.

Anyone have a similar/non similar dream involving the works of Tim Schafer?

Oddly enough, I really have actually had a Psychonauts related dream. However only Ford was in it. I can't remember much. It was set in a strange dark cabin & hospital-like room. No one was there but myself and Ford who was constantly sexually harassing me. Mainly I was trying to open the two different doors that were set on the same wall of the room. While I never was able to open either door, Ford never resisted cracking a joke at me each time I failed. It... In all honesty, was disturbing...

...I'd find that disturbing as well. Geez, and to thing being sexually harassed by D'art was wierd...brrrr. *shiver*

...I'd find that disturbing as well. Geez, and to thing being sexually harassed by D'art was wierd...brrrr. *shiver*

Indeed, I wish I remembered it better. No, wait, scratch that. The harassment was very gay. I'm glad I don't remember most of it. However, now I'm curious as to what the dream's meaning was. Two doors... Neither open... The room is dark... Janitor Ford won't leave me alone... Bah. Highly obscure.

Whoa, those are cool/crazy dreams. Unfortunately I don't think I've had any DF related dreams.

My cousin has one of those dream explanation books that's supposed to help you figure out what your dreams are. It's pretty nuts. Nothing is really what it seems.

I actually started keeping a little notepad of paper near my bed to write down what I can remember of my dreams in the morning. It seems like they fade away so fast. Many are so very strange. They make good ideas for paintings. Well, maybe not good, but different.

My 'accidental double post' senses are tingling...

But anyway, we have a dream book at my house also. But I'm not if I trust it 100%. It's a little to specific for me, and I think all dreams have more unique meanings that can be interpretted many ways.

Yea, I dunno how much I really beileve the books. But it's funny to read and see.

Cool. My first double post here. I am now...a man.

Cool. My first double post here. I am now...a man.

Egad. You mean to imply that I am but a young lad still, because I have not commited a double post? Shame. I'm going to be a young lad forever at this rate. :/

Dear Tim,

While it was surprising to find you in my dreams--again--I have to wonder if you don't:

A. Represent some sort of latent psychosis inside my mind

or

B. Travel through dreams via Psychonauts style just to see what your fans' heads look like from the inside.

Either way, if you see me being held captive by a bunch of Asian families in a fancy restuarant, feel free to intervene at any time and rescue me from the polite group. Standing in the corner, giggling and pointing at me, is not helpful. Nor is shouting at the family about my brilliant (desperate) attempt to escape their good food and polite conversation.

While we're on the subject, shoving your cat in my face and cackling when I escape to a friend's house is a little off putting. At least let me pet the cat before you steal the cactus off her desk and run off into the night.

Thank you.

I had a dream where I was about to eat some pancakes, but Tim ran over, snatched them, scarfed them down, and ran off....

Why, does Tim have an unnatural atrraction to cacti? :D

Well, anyway, I can't blame him if he ate your pancakes. Dream pancakes taste really good, and I go into many dreams stealing people's dream pancakes.

Wait...then again, maybe it wasn't Schafer who ate your pancakes...maybe it was me DISGUISED as Schafer!

Maybe it was Schafer disguised as you, disguised as him, disguised as you, disguised as a Hummer, diguised as him!

Maybe it was Schafer disguised as you, disguised as him, disguised as you, disguised as a Hummer, diguised as him!

Looks like we got a mystery to solve Scooby Doo!

SWEET LUGIA, YOU'RE HURTING MY BRAIN!!!

We'll see about that.

*ARROW'D!*

...that was Apple Pop that was arrow'd.

Oh no! Homestar Runner referance! I'm afraid I'm going to have to eat your brain for that! (Homestar is awesome, isn't it?)

Oh, dear. Do I smell off topic-ness?

Well, I will now throw Duke Ellington at you. How about that, punk?! D:<

Okay, but to get back on topic, I actually had a really cool DF related dream last night that I'd like to share with ya'll.

I was actually in my own mental world. I got to go around exploring it. It was very colorful and optomistic. Great place, turely. Later I got chased by some of those personal demons, but in my dream they had a slightly more demonic look to them. Finally I did something to kill them. Can't remember exactly what though. In any case, it was awesome.

I dreamed that Tim and Pendleton Ward were best friends and I was like "Woah jeez that's awesome!"

That was also in the same dream where I fed egg shells to a robot.

...D'art's hat runs away and transforms into a

Nightmare. Poor D'art.

That was my dream last night. I also think I had a SSB Brawl related one (I was playing ti all night with my friend).

I dreamed that Tim and Pendleton Ward were best friends and I was like "Woah jeez that's awesome!"

That was also in the same dream where I fed egg shells to a robot.

I think the robot part of that dream is the most amusing. I'd buy an eggshell eating robot.

Looks like we got a mystery to solve Scooby Doo!

"Ruh, roh!"

I had a grim fandago themed dream once. Does that count? I mean i know its pre-Double Fine, but still.

As long as it's Tim-Schafer-or-his-works-related. So, yes, it counts.

Sign in to follow this