Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miriku

Double Fine-related dreams

Brutal Legend is the best game i have ever played!

...uh, sorry if I'm completly wrong and not up-to-date, but I don't think it was released yet.

Brutal Legend is the best game i have ever played!

...uh, sorry if I'm completely wrong and not up-to-date, but I don't think it was released yet.

He must have come from the future?

Anyways, I had two Psychonauts dreams a week ago or so.

The first dream had Raz trapped in a closed off cave filled with creeping ivy/ferns on the walls, a tall grass-covered spiral structure in the center, and a deep pool of water for a floor. On top of the structure, there was a large Venus flytrap-like flower that had long, thick vines that flung around wildly.

So Raz was climbing and jumping to get to the top since the footing was slippery and crumbling under his feet. It didn't help when he got close to the flower. It would make a swipes at him; causing either hitting him full force or a distraction from the ground falling away from him. At the time, I didn't know why he was even bothering getting near that thing until he fell in the water. As he was being pulled down by the Hand of Galochio and drowning, someone would say "don't go", "don't leave me here", or something along those lines. That's when Raz would respawn near the flower. This happened a few times before finally defeating the monster (by ripping the vines away with telekinesis and some well placed punches). The flower drooped and turned into mush.

Right at the center where the flower use to be, was Lili. I don't remember what happened next, but somehow they both escaped the cave and made it back to camp(?). I found it strange that whenever Raz tried to talk to her, she wouldn't say anything with a sad look on her face. This then caused him to look sad too. I woke up right before he decided to go do something else.

My second dream was a short one. I was in a "real life" setting at first. I got some kind of unmarked disk in the mail and felt that I needed to put it in my PS2. That's when the dream switched to what was going on the screen. The game automatically booted up without a title screen. The first thing I noticed that I was controlling Dart, not Raz. The room I was in gave me the feeling it was Dart's cabin. It looked different from the real game cabins. The cabin itself looked the same other than being a bit longer and the door was placed at the side corner. There were four beds (no bunks), clutter (books, clothes, and stuff like that) under a few beds, and the refrigerator you find in the real game (the one with the turkey sub) on the back wall. There was another camper there, but I don't remember who. I just remember that whoever it was, they didn't want to talk to me. So I was examining the beds (which Dart would say "I don't feel tired now"), the windows, the stuff on the ground, and then the refrigerator. Ahh... The refrigerator. This definitely made me conclude that I was playing some beta version of Psychonauts because when Dart would open the refrigerator, it would go to an untextured dialog box with some options. I only remember one that was called "Test 1." It was a mini game that required the player to eat food. You had to press a button quickly before time runs out. When I played it, time ran out but, the game would end without any notification that I did anything. Dart would just close the refrigerator door.

Tired of being ignored by my cabin mate and wanted to see what other cool beta stuff was on this disk, I exited the cabin. Disappointedly, Dart stopped at the stair steps and started talking to himself (which I don't remember what he was saying). Then the camera pulled away to have a top-down view of the whole cabin area. The place was on top of a hill. Oleander's classroom was at its peak (and I think it was just a regular tree since there were no ladders or ramps on it) with about five cabins surrounding it. The camera froze there for a few seconds with another untextured, this time blank, dialog box. Next the camera swooped down to ground level and doing a pan shot of some characters I didn't recognize sans Mr Cruller, Sheegor, and Sam. It stayed static on Sheegor who was jumping up and down in triumph for some reason. Then I woke up.

I think the first dream was the product of where I was sleeping (a hotel that had a tropical theme going on) and Resident Evil (I'm playing the game on my cell phone and at the part where you have to kill Plant 42). But I don't understand why Raz and Lili were so cold to each other at the end... The second dream was bound to happen. I absolutely adore beta testing, debug rooms, and other pre-release stuff. So if a game doesn't have one available, I usually make up my own. ^^;

Whew... Long post...

I had a weird dream today when I had a nap!

I was at a sports school and Raz and I were siblings (he didn't have his powers), Mandy (from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) was there, UP TO NO GOOD! She was trying to get our parents; Sam and Max (I don't know ._.) to accept some deal so she could rule the world!

So after being beaten to a pulp on the football field Raz and I hear about her evil plan! I hide in my dorm and Raz goes to tell Sam and Max that I've been kidnapped to distract them. So I'm in the closet behind some clothes thinking I'm all sneaky and Sam comes in with a bunch bodyguards (since Sam is like the fisrtman because Max is still president in it) And Sam sees me move behind the clothes and he pulls out his gun and is ready to shoot! So Raz is all "Oh look over there a three headed monkey!" and they all look over there. After they leave that room I sneak out and hit one of the bodyguards over the head and hide behind the bed. Sam spots me, and gives Raz and I a long speech on not getting into grown up's business with little girls and their evil plans, then Max comes in with Mandy and Max says that he just sold the US to Mandy for a rocket car!

My alarm goes off, I wake up.

I had a weird dream today when I had a nap!

I was at a sports school and Raz and I were siblings (he didn't have his powers), Mandy (from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) was there, UP TO NO GOOD! She was trying to get our parents; Sam and Max (I don't know ._.) to accept some deal so she could rule the world!

So after being beaten to a pulp on the football field Raz and I hear about her evil plan! I hide in my dorm and Raz goes to tell Sam and Max that I've been kidnapped to distract them. So I'm in the closet behind some clothes thinking I'm all sneaky and Sam comes in with a bunch bodyguards (since Sam is like the fisrtman because Max is still president in it) And Sam sees me move behind the clothes and he pulls out his gun and is ready to shoot! So Raz is all "Oh look over there a three headed monkey!" and they all look over there. After they leave that room I sneak out and hit one of the bodyguards over the head and hide behind the bed. Sam spots me, and gives Raz and I a long speech on not getting into grown up's business with little girls and their evil plans, then Max comes in with Mandy and Max says that he just sold the US to Mandy for a rocket car!

My alarm goes off, I wake up.

Hmmmm. Seems quite like Max if you ask me. But where did he get the U.S....? (probably season 1, episode 4)

My subconscious has a lovely addiction with believing if you bypass the ending cutscene of Psychonauts there's more game to play. I've had many, many dreams about it but here's one from last night....

Ok, right after the final boss fight you get teleported back to the main area of Whispering Rock by the cliff just behind the main lodge, if you enter all the codes (all powers, global items, all upgrades, unlimited arrowheads and unlimited ammo) you get Raz's dad saying "You cheated!" like normal.

After that I took Raz around looking for Psicards and challenge markers. After leveling up to 156 I got messages of new swag on the screen including some new outfits for Raz (Secret Agent, Indiana Jones, Stealth Suit, and Psychonauts Uniform)it also gives you a new ability with if you press down the jump button for a few sec Raz will shoot up into the air like a rocket thus being able to get up to even higher areas.

I then took Raz to the Wilderness and GPC area and had him turbo jump up into a recently unreachable area. Up there you find Lili and Dogan who've been waiting for you, launch cutscene; Lili and Dogan tell Raz that there's a weird looking cave up ahead, it's entrance is blocked by a huge ass block of psitanium that's glowing a bright red. Raz expresses interest and the cutscene ends.

After that Lili and Dogan begin to follow Raz in game play, once you get to said cave you have to use pyrokinesis on it and it will burst into flames and melt. When you go in the cave there's a huge maze, the walls of the cave have arrowheads of the red psitanium in them. When you try to pull them out it burns Raz' hand. Once at the end of the cave there's a huge ass lava monster that is kinda what a nightmare/personal demon hybrid might look like.

Ya battle it with Lili, Dogan and Raz being able to switch witch character your playing. You die a few hundred times then finally beat it! Lili and Dogan disappear, and Raz cont's down the cave, where you find Lili in a cage apparently put there by Bobby.

This is where my cat wakes me up by peeing on my bed for the first time this year -.-

Awesome dream though, the Lili in a cage after fighting a lava monster thing seems to be universal to all my extra gameplay Psychonauts dreams....

^ X-posted to my LJ =O~

It didn't make much sense, and there was a bit of Portal mixed in there, but whatever.

Okay, so has anyone played Eternal Darkness? Well, I had a dream that Psychonauts 2 took a few pages from Eternal Darkness, in a strange, Tim-Schaferesk way. Essentially, you played as several psychics throughout history to unravel the vast conspiracy that was the kidnapping of Lili's father. And like, there was a geek psychic, and a mongolian psychic, and a bunch of other wierd psychics I can't remember. I think there were a few non-psychics too. And every story was weird and had a different art style... And Raz learned things from each part of history.... and god it didn't make any sense but it was awesome.

I also remember there being something about talking to snails. And rocks. And making fun of them. And... and... it was wierd stuff.

Actually, i'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with the kidnapping of Lili's father. I don't remember what the crap the flashbacks or whatever were linked too.

There was also this myst like puzzle where if you stayed in this one tree-sheltered enclave it was sunny, but the moment you left it became windy and snowy so it was impossible to get to point b... and you had to cut a rope and then carry it into the wind so it would blow you around to make a tightrope so you could climb up the trees and...

something.

It didn't make much sense, and there was a bit of Portal mixed in there, but whatever.

Okay, so has anyone played Eternal Darkness? Well, I had a dream that Psychonauts 2 took a few pages from Eternal Darkness, in a strange, Tim-Schaferesk way. Essentially, you played as several psychics throughout history to unravel the vast conspiracy that was the kidnapping of Lili's father. And like, there was a geek psychic, and a mongolian psychic, and a bunch of other wierd psychics I can't remember. I think there were a few non-psychics too. And every story was weird and had a different art style... And Raz learned things from each part of history.... and god it didn't make any sense but it was awesome.

I also remember there being something about talking to snails. And rocks. And making fun of them. And... and... it was wierd stuff.

Actually, i'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with the kidnapping of Lili's father. I don't remember what the crap the flashbacks or whatever were linked too.

There was also this myst like puzzle where if you stayed in this one tree-sheltered enclave it was sunny, but the moment you left it became windy and snowy so it was impossible to get to point b... and you had to cut a rope and then carry it into the wind so it would blow you around to make a tightrope so you could climb up the trees and...

something.

Does anyone make sense of what I was saying here? Because I can't make sense of what I'm saying here. The puzzle part puts some cool images in my head, though.

I had a dream of the land of Brutal Legend erupting into oblivion, while the song Let It Be was playing.

:sick:

Sign in to follow this