Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xbob42

Forum Suggestions!

Since there isn't a subforum for it...

What minor or major changes do you think would improve the forums?

Mine is very very minor.

I think 'Newbies' should be 'Action Newbies.'

You? :D

150X100 avatars

Img tags for enabled on all the forums

Auto-subscribe feature for when you post in a new thread or make a new thread.

Double Fine Action Themed Smilies *dancing two-headed baby* *knight head* *Psychonauts themed smilies* etc.

150X100 avatars

Img tags for enabled on all the forums

Auto-subscribe feature for when you post in a new thread or make a new thread.

Double Fine Action Themed Smilies *dancing two-headed baby* *knight head* *Psychonauts themed smilies* etc.

I actually have a half finished sheet of Psychonauts smilies I was making. I can probably finish them up pretty quick.

And the image tag idea is a must.

Disable auto-email for all subscribed threads when someone posts a reply in that thread.. my mailbox is getting full!! Lol.

Disable auto-email for all subscribed threads when someone posts a reply in that thread.. my mailbox is getting full!! Lol.

You can! I had the same problem, so I disabled it. Just go to 'Your Control Panel' and 'Email Settings,' then de-select 'Enable email notifications by default when you post messages.'

Enforced smaller avatars and signature images :)

Nothing taller than 50px would make me happy (and only one image per sig, but this is probably already the case).

Enforced smaller avatars and signature images :)

Nothing taller than 50px would make me happy (and only one image per sig, but this is probably already the case).

Images were disabled for sigs yesterday by Klint.

Why smaller avys?? Is it because you are on a 56k line by chance? Larger avys give users more options and selections for custom avatars, especially .gif avatars. Just wondering what is behind wanting them smaller, no offense.

Nope, not on 56k but I just hate forums where 75% of the space on the page is taken up with people's pictures and/or hilarious quotes. Maybe a "Disable avatars and sig images" option would be perfect for grumpy people like me? ;)

Nope, not on 56k but I just hate forums where 75% of the space on the page is taken up with people's pictures and/or hilarious quotes. Maybe a "Disable avatars and sig images" option would be perfect for grumpy people like me? ;)

The bold part is an excellent idea. I've seen that option on the forums I frequent and moderate. We have 150X100 avatars and absolutely no images in signatures. Image tags are enabled on every forum, but they could limit it to the offtopic and gallery forums here if only for moderation purposes.

I think there should be an area in the Psychonauts section for Role Playing. It's been a long time since I've done a good old "Summer at Whispering Rock!" RPG.

I think that forum users should be allowed to get info straight from Tim Schafer about all projects.

I'm sort of suprised at the lack of a "Forum Rules" announcement or pinned thread with some sort of forum guidelines. I guess it is a good-faith policy that people aren't gonna run rabbid and do crazy stuff.

You think we can also get coding for posting certain things, like, saaaaaayy.... Flash toons? Because some of us are Flash artists and don't want to post on New Grounds or similar places?

I know there's a code. I think I can find it.

Cows aren't allowed here after they failed to appreciate that great battles were fought for their freedom.

Shame on those ungrateful cows.

you know whats better than cows... AN ACTION CONTEST!

they should have design(logo/shirt), post, and trivia contests here every now and then

but i guess it is a little too early to suggest that since the DFAF is still in its two-headed infancy

<3 2HB

Forum Suggestion! : An Online Now icon, showing when people is online or not. You know.. A little dot beneath your avatar, being green when online and red when off-line

Well, we could run unofficial contests and decide the winners with a forum-wide poll.

Always a great option. :smirk:

A fanart contest would be good with that voting system ^-^

Sign in to follow this