Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xbob42

Forum Suggestions!

The whole online offline thing gets my vote. And can we start being able to post images yet? Attachments are too small and fuzzy.

Yes, guidelines. I remember RD we went a LONG time without mods. And even after the whole electoral vote thang, we had no rules. I wrote down a list of somewhat serious, somewhat crazy rules eventually. If I know DoubleFine, the rules will be awesomely funny too.

Sorry for the Double-Post, but perhaps we should have a more structured alternative to GD (General Discussion). Sort of like the Penny Arcade forums, where there is 'Social Entropy' (More wild and off-topic) and then there is 'Debate and Discourse' (for more though-provoking topics, or anything else meant to stay on topic).

You know what this forum needs? Less forums. There's no point in dividing everything into categories when only ten people are posting. It makes it tedious to stay a jour. That's right, a jour. So, why not just put everything in one or two forums, for example one for on-topic posts and one for off-topic? It's crazy and risky, but you know what? It might just work.

Also, some critique: Why are there angle brackets in the post toolbar when the forum uses square ones?

Xbob needs no rules, guidelines, mods or women because Xbob doesn't break the rules, they bend in fear around Xbob.

I'd also like to be able to monitor the booger picking habits of fellow forum members. Everytime one of you picks your nose I want to know about it. Can we get that?

Also Guidelines. I keep on worrying that I'm going to overstep my bounds and get kicked out.

I object to this suggestion. The constitution gives us a right to privacy, and our booger picking habits should remain private!

Xbob needs no rules, guidelines, mods or women because Xbob doesn't break the rules, they bend in fear around Xbob.

Oh my god, YOU'RE CHUCK NORRIS, ARN'T YOU!?!

I myself would personaly like to see some monitors around the site, once we get bigger with more active members. I shudder in fear at thinking of what kind of messes people could go make. And I hate messes. Especilly when it's when someone drops a carton of eggs.

I myself would personaly like to see some monitors around the site, once we get bigger with more active members. I shudder in fear at thinking of what kind of messes people could go make. And I hate messes. Especilly when it's when someone drops a carton of eggs.

Chaos is not always a bad thing. As long as there is a method to the madness.

But I agree. However, I don't think there is a need for heavier monitering now...

Anyway, on to my suggestion.

It would be nice if all the sections had discriptions. General Discussion is a bit... General?

It would be nice if all the sections had discriptions. General Discussion is a bit... General?

So you'd like it to be General Specific...?

(Obscure Sheep in the Big City reference.)

Chaos is not always a bad thing. As long as there is a method to the madness.

But I agree. However, I don't think there is a need for heavier monitering now...

Anyway, on to my suggestion.

You're right that we don't need heavy modding right now, but some would be nice. We have at least one flammer already.

I'd like to take a moment to remind some people that there is a "report" feature and an "ignore" feature.

Use them if/when necessary until the admins have the luxory of moderation or appointing moderators to take action as needed. They probably don't check each and every post/thread so this is one way to get the issues communicated to them until then. Hopefully this helps.

Why can't we just institute a progressive system of torture, shunning, and capital punishment like everyone else? We don't want to be the laughingstock of the Internetz.

It worked quite well on RD. Heck, even the mods continued with it. But it don't work when scurvy, lily-livered seadog cur muk around.

*I've always wanted to use the term 'seadog'*

You know what this forum needs? Less forums. There's no point in dividing everything into categories when only ten people are posting. It makes it tedious to stay a jour. That's right, a jour. So, why not just put everything in one or two forums, for example one for on-topic posts and one for off-topic? It's crazy and risky, but you know what? It might just work.

But the forum will fill with other delightful posters once the new excellent game is announced... right?

Indeed. And I would think that there's quite a bit more than just ten people posting?

On the contrary, the low amount of users is justification for MORE sections. We all deserve our own forum, because we are so important.

But that raises a question... how the crap did people get 400 posts?

But that raises a question... how the crap did people get 400 posts?

*cough* People? *cough*

I didn't know that people were actually keeping track. Btw, I did it by posting a lot in the offtopic and well, everywhere here on DFAF since they began these forums. Thanks for noticing, I guess??

I only pay attention to that number when people bring it up or when there is talk over the clever custom user titles we get from having more posts. For me, that isn't a big deal and doesn't reflect on how constructive someone may choose to post on the forums. I have 4K+ posts on another forum that I moderate and there are people there who have 60K+ posts who have been members for only four years so it isn't unusual for people to have high post counts when they post as often.

It would be really nice if we could post images.
They limited it to the Art forum only. I wish it was enabled across the whole board, or at least the entire offtopic forum.

It would be really nice if we could post images.
They limited it to the Art forum only. I wish it was enabled across the whole board, or at least the entire offtopic forum.

They should be enabled across the entire...

HOLY CRUD!

lobato1.gif

That was fast.

DANG IT! I GOT MY HOPES UP!

One suggestion would be to move all non-doublefine related stuff (such as introduce yourself...) to the real offtopic area. The section's title I think is a little confusing, I thought it was the offtopic area too until I spotted the real thing below.

One suggestion would be to move all non-doublefine related stuff (such as introduce yourself...) to the real offtopic area. The section's title I think is a little confusing, I thought it was the offtopic area too until I spotted the real thing below.

Is your avatar you? you look like bozon. xD

ME = nerd

anyway, back on topic, I think the off topic section needs to be devided up some more, because that is way too confusing.

Sorry I just realized there was a thread for suggestions. I'd like to suggest CUSTOM FORUM RANKS. Open for abuse possibly, but also funny?

Sorry I just realized there was a thread for suggestions. I'd like to suggest CUSTOM FORUM RANKS. Open for abuse possibly, but also funny?
Do you mean:

Custom User Titles

-OR-

Actual Ranks as in Reputation Bar rankings?

Sign in to follow this