Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xbob42

Forum Suggestions!

I didn't read all of these *slaps his own wrists with a ruler*, but maybe a Game Room? Perhaps as a sub-forum of the off topic forum? There are so many forum games, they clutter up the actual off topic discussions, not that there are very many actual discussions, yet...

Sorry I just realized there was a thread for suggestions. I'd like to suggest CUSTOM FORUM RANKS. Open for abuse possibly, but also funny?
Do you mean:

Custom User Titles

-OR-

Actual Ranks as in Reputation Bar rankings?

User titles...? I guess. Not that I really understand what you mean by the second.

Sorry I just realized there was a thread for suggestions. I'd like to suggest CUSTOM FORUM RANKS. Open for abuse possibly, but also funny?
Do you mean:

Custom User Titles

-OR-

Actual Ranks as in Reputation Bar rankings?

User titles...? I guess. Not that I really understand what you mean by the second.

Reputation (Rep) status bar.. it use to be located beneath our avatars (I think we had them for three or four days actually). They were little blue boxes or bars that indicated what level reputation you had on the forums. Personally, I don't care for rep systems since it usually ends up being a popularity/spam contest amongst posters so I am glad we no longer have it. There is also a lot of probable maintenance for the admins just to babysit that sort of thing. That is what I was talking about with the second thing.

So, just to be clear, you want to be able to edit the custom user title. As an example, I would be able to change mine from "Royal Flush" to whatever I wanted, right?

Yeah, that. And yes, rep systems suck. Mainly due to the fact that nobody ever gives me rep because I'm annoying.

Yeah, that. And yes, rep systems suck. Mainly due to the fact that nobody ever gives me rep because I'm annoying.
+1 rep for you. Lol.

Oh, god, I hated the rep bars. That used to be on another fourm I use. Thank god they're gone. They looked so UGLY.

Enforced smaller avatars and signature images :)

Nothing taller than 50px would make me happy (and only one image per sig, but this is probably already the case).

Images were disabled for sigs yesterday by Klint.

Why smaller avys?? Is it because you are on a 56k line by chance? Larger avys give users more options and selections for custom avatars, especially .gif avatars. Just wondering what is behind wanting them smaller, no offense.

oh noes! what will become of my signature?

Nothing taller than 50px would make me happy (and only one image per sig, but this is probably already the case).

Why smaller avys?? Is it because you are on a 56k line by chance? Larger avys give users more options and selections for custom avatars, especially .gif avatars. Just wondering what is behind wanting them smaller, no offense.

It will be EATEN!

No, I like your sig. It's cool.

*looks at join date, then date on reply*

They have edited that along with many other things since then..

sweetness, also QUOTE PYRAMID!

sweetness, also QUOTE PYRAMID!

Made in ancient Egypt?

NOBODY BREAK IT!

*maniacal laugh because Bosch broke pyramid quote*

Bosch. He is a rebel.

Pyramid reconstruction commencing...

Bosch. He is a rebel.

*countdown* ..in three..

Twooooo.....

Bosch. He is a rebel.

*countdown* ..in three..

Twooooo.....

ONE One one 1111!!!! (ok, we started a quote pyramid, yay!)

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-BLASTOFF!

Bosch. He is a rebel.

*countdown* ..in three..

Twooooo.....

Dang it, Bosch! it's PUNISHING TIME!

Bosch. He is a rebel.

*countdown* ..in three..

Twooooo.....

Really? And why be that, might I ask?

I dont wanna seem the boring 'you meddling kids' type, but it'd be better for the forum (that means all of us) to keep this thread as clean as possible, so that admins don't have to sift through pyramids in order to get to the possibly useful suggestions... And yes I support the custom user titles or whatever they call them, they keep the rankpostings at a minimum. Sorry if I sounded like a partypooper :P

Bosch. He is a rebel.

*countdown* ..in three..

Twooooo.....

Really? And why be that, might I ask?

The earlier pyramid's death! And the punishment?

Tim's demon chin hairs.... Don't mock their awsome POWER!

Yah, Liviu, I agree, but once you get sucked in it's hard to come back. Or at least it can be.

But um, yah. Suggestions, eh? Hmm.. *thinks* The only thing I can think of at the moment is smilies, but that's already been stated.

Yeah, this one's not so bad. I've seriously seen quotes nested so far that the entire thread crashed your browser. It was freaky.

Can we get a writing section around here? I really want show off my skillz like the art brats get to. Please!

I second this notion. It would make sense since writing and creativity are such important parts of DF.

"Creative Writing" would be a good title. Or maybe an all-inclusive "Creative Submissions" forum, since artists can only show off their fan art at the moment.

Sign in to follow this