Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zagadka

Tim Schafer coming to Melbourne (... and Warren Spector and Peter Molyneux)

(sorry if this is a repeat, I couldn't find any other threads on it)

Tim Schafer is coming to Melbourne for the opening of the ACMI Game Masters exhibition thing in June

http://www.acmi.net.au/game-masters-events-program.aspx

There is a presale happening right now for tickets, the promo code is "MASTERS"

http://tickets.acmi.net.au/single/psDetail.aspx?psn=1834

Just got mine :D

Dude....... I'm in Sydney but it wouldn't cost all that much for a flight.. hmmm.....

So Mr Schafer, your pre-sale tickets literally sold out in under 5 minutes. The ones for Peter Molyneux and Warren Spector were still available 11 hours later.

That there is quite impressive.

EDIT: The shopping cart just died. So must of been overloaded. Which means I got tickets!! Hooray!

Time for caffeine!

Hey Guys this has ended in tears!

The acmi site was sold out before the ticket purchase time of 10am. I'm feeling a little bummed out and perplexed that tickets could sell out before the selling time..

It is scandalous!!

Please please do another event Tim.

Thanks

No it didn't. They went on sale twenty minutes late. Check now. I just checked. There are tickets still available

GO GO GO!

Thanks Jacka.

And everybody else. ACMI must have got swamped or forgot to turn on the sale...

I got tix so I will see you there!

It looks like I missed out as well (which was excessively sad, as this was going to be my fallback birthday event as my previous plans fell over). I also missed out on tickets to the two day panel sessions (which include Tim on the second day) by about an hour :(

I spoke to one of the ACMI guys on the phone this morning and apparently they sold out within half an hour or so of them going live, and the interest was enough to crash their sales system.

I was told that a certain number of tickets are reserved for ACMI members/press/etc., and if they don't get snapped up, there's a chance (though not a guarantee) that the ones left over might become available, but that wouldn't be likely to happen until closer to the date, and there won't be any notification (if it happens at all). If anybody sports one of these tickets or has a spare and wants a new best friend,

He also said that he wished that Tim would do another night, so Tim, if you're reading, a guy manning the info desk on a Sunday says it'd be good to have you for another night (I don't know what authority he has, but any chance for me to get in sounds like it'd be worth following up!).

I was planning to write about it (and some of the other Game Masters events happening between the 26th and 29th), so I'm also going to see if I can get a press pass. If I do, I'll be sure to share whatever I come up with ^_^

I did a few days before the tickets went on sale, but didn't get a response (Tim's Twitter account is a pretty busy place though, I suspect).

We tell him how fast they sold out and how popular he is...and how there's literally thousands of us who couldn't get tickets...surely that would do the trick? ;)

Hi all! I realise that this is a dastardly first post to make, but I would love to join the queue for a spare ticket if any become available, as well as add my support to the possibility of Tim doing another show.

I was fortunate enough to get tickets but my mate didn't :(

Hi all! I realise that this is a dastardly first post to make, but I would love to join the queue for a spare ticket if any become available, as well as add my support to the possibility of Tim doing another show.

I was fortunate enough to get tickets but my mate didn't :(

I don't think there's a queue as such. When I spoke to ACMI on the phone, they said the only way to catch the tickets would be to constantly refresh their site and snap them up if it ever changed from being "sold out".

Tim's got Exciting Stuff going on at the moment. Specktor and Molyneux don't.

Edit: Also, welcome! :D

You have to be attending grade 10, 11 or 12 in Victoria to apply for that though.

It looks like I'll be attending a press event that's happening beforehand! Anybody got anything they want me to try to make sure gets asked? :D

You have to be attending grade 10, 11 or 12 in Victoria to apply for that though.

It looks like I'll be attending a press event that's happening beforehand! Anybody got anything they want me to try to make sure gets asked? :D

Ask him why he isn't doing a second talk! ;)

Sigh, it's really quite heart-breaking. I got an email announcement about the talk almost two weeks before, and had been calling up ACMI and checking their website DAILY, waiting for tickets to go on sale. The day they just happened to go up on sale, I was sick in bed, and missed them. Worst. Luck. Ever. I'm crossing my fingers for a miracle.. someone who's willing to sell me their tickets, because I am more than willing to pay whatever is necessary. But let's hope Tim decides to do another talk...

It's weird, the tickets actually went on sale on the Tuesday (when the email was sent from ACMI), I was surprised that any of the tickets were left by the Thursday (when they were supposed to go on sale)

They couldn't have gone on sale that early. Not only did I try to buy them on the ACMI site, where it wouldn't allow me, due to them not being on sale yet, but I even called up daily and was specifically told that they weren't going to be available to purchase until the Friday..

Someone Tweet Tim incessantly to do another talk until he caves! That's bound to work! And not at all be annoying as all hell! :D

I bought my tickets on the Tuesday right after receiving the email from ACMI. The email they sent had a direct link to the page where you can buy tickets (which is why I posted that link here, in the first post)

Obviously, I was referring to the Tuesday.

Oh, right. Sorry.

It wasn't that obvious :D

Is anybody going to any of the other Game Masters events?

Sign in to follow this