Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zagadka

Tim Schafer coming to Melbourne (... and Warren Spector and Peter Molyneux)

Hi all! I realise that this is a dastardly first post to make, but I would love to join the queue for a spare ticket if any become available, as well as add my support to the possibility of Tim doing another show.

I was fortunate enough to get tickets but my mate didn't :(

I don't think there's a queue as such. When I spoke to ACMI on the phone, they said the only way to catch the tickets would be to constantly refresh their site and snap them up if it ever changed from being "sold out".

Tim's got Exciting Stuff going on at the moment. Specktor and Molyneux don't.

Edit: Also, welcome! :D

Cheers!

Also trying to get a press pass - not sure if it'll happen, but did get a phone interview with Tetsuya Mizuguchi for the event :D

Well, damn it, they released more tickets this afternoon for all the In Conversations, but I was too late! :(

I did get tickets to the book signing with Tim, which, considering the price and what it actually is, is a bit ridiculous, but oh well...I'm still psyched :)

I thought the book sign ticket prices were a bit steep too, but considering you get the Game Masters catalogue along with it, it might not be too bad. It's a lot more reasonable that way, at least. Also, I checked for tickets to Tim's talk and they were already sold out only 15 minutes after the announcement was emailed out. Yikes!

I got confirmation of my ticket to Tim's talk today!

I feel like I should be representing the backers as much as I can whilst I'm there. Are there any questions (aside from "Why didn't you do a second talk?") that anybody wants me to try to make sure gets asked?

Anyone going to the GM Forum on Thursday? Missed out on getting a Tim talk ticket too, but going to the forum and the Spector talk. Aww... envious but you're super lucky to get to see Tim! Enjoy!

Turns out the Molyneux talk has been cancelled *cue Molyneux jokes*

Does anyone else here happen to be going to the launch event?

Also, for those who didn't get a ticket for Tim's talk and still want a chance to meet him, tickets are still available for his book signing!

Wait, there's a signing going on? I hadn't heard about a launch event either (though I'm apparently going to the "media call" event thingy).

My girlfriend said she say tickets for the Forum event last night if anybody's missing out.

I'll be there, udoncat :)

I don't really want to make Molyneux jokes. Apparently he cancelled because of a death in his family :(

That's what I meant, the media launch. Maybe I'll see you there.

Oh awesome :D

I should be pretty easy to spot. I'll be wearing a bee t-shirt.

You can get tickets for his book signing here.

Thanks so much! I'd totally missed that.

I've left it a bit late, but I'm also going to try to get into the afterparty.

I should be pretty easy to spot. I'll be wearing a bee t-shirt.

Likewise, with my bright red hair. I think I'd be just as easy to spot, if not more!

I've left it a bit late, but I'm also going to try to get into the afterparty.

Whaaaaat. What afterparty?

Wait, there's a signing going on? I hadn't heard about a launch event either (though I'm apparently going to the "media call" event thingy).

My girlfriend said she say tickets for the Forum event last night if anybody's missing out.

I'll be there, udoncat :)

I don't really want to make Molyneux jokes. Apparently he cancelled because of a death in his family :(

Ah, I see. I was not aware that was what happened. Condolences to him and his family :(

Whaaaaat. What afterparty?

This one. The website doesn't load any booking stuff for me (I assume they're sold out).

Found another ticket link, but as you mentioned, it appears to be sold out.

Thanks very much for the book signing link too Captain.

I might wear my skull clip and pink jacket then, don't really have much that identifies me. Black hair, white skull, where can we go wrong?

EDIT: Added thanks to Captain, link for party and possible description of me

Ah, I see. I was not aware that was what happened. Condolences to him and his family :(

I only know what the guy from ACMI said when he phoned me, so it's second hand information bordering on rumour. I hope he doesn't garner any animosity for pulling out though :(

I only know what the guy from ACMI said when he phoned me, so it's second hand information bordering on rumour. I hope he doesn't garner any animosity for pulling out though :(

With something as serious as a death in the family, I'm sure it won't be an issue. If it does, that's even sadder :(

We should have a backer gathering before/after the signing or something (if you guys are keen).

We should have a backer gathering before/after the signing or something (if you guys are keen).

I'd be totally down for this. How about right after Tim's talk (depending on what time it finishes), up until his book signing at 8:45PM?

I'd be totally down for this. How about right after Tim's talk (depending on what time it finishes), up until his book signing at 8:45PM?

Sounds good to me :D

Meeting at the signing place (wherever that may be - my ticket just says it's redeemable for a thingy at the "Lightwell", but I can't see that on their maps).

It's a shame our backer shirts won't be here in time :(

Would like to know where this "Lightwell" thing is too.

Went to ACMI for VCE media about 7 years ago, but I gotta be honest, I don't recall a lot of it. Plus, I suspect it's probably changed a bit since then.

Early weather outlook is "shower or two" and 14. Too early, I know, but it's...encouraging. Don't really want to go out in pouring rain for a book signing. (not saying I won't...but I'd rather not. ;) )

Cool! So... the Lightwell... no idea where that is either :P

Looking forward to meeting everyone then :)

Not only am I in Melbourne RIGHT NOW I was actually inside that lightwell today!

Also today: I ate a meat pie.

And I learned all about Batmania.

About a second talk: I'm not running this thing! I'm just along for the crazy ride. I'd do something else but they've got my schedule pretty much filled this visit. Otherwise I'd totally love to meet up with whoever wants to meet up. Lets see what happens!

Not only am I in Melbourne RIGHT NOW I was actually inside that lightwell today!

Any hints as to where it is? :b

Also today: I ate a meat pie.

And I learned all about Batmania.

Any thoughts on meat pies?

Batmania is certainly not confined to Melbourne. We have a Batman highway and a Batman bridge here in Tasmania (and possibly other Batmans that I've never heard of). It's so sad to think that there are so many landmarks out there whose parents are dead ;_;

About a second talk: I'm not running this thing! I'm just along for the crazy ride. I'd do something else but they've got my schedule pretty much filled this visit. Otherwise I'd totally love to meet up with whoever wants to meet up. Lets see what happens!

I'm going to be arriving in Melbourne tomorrow morning. As mentioned earlier in the thread, some of us are going to try to catch up at/before the signing on Friday evening. If you find yourself with some free time and want to catch up with some backers, I guess here is the best place to let people know.

Hope you're enjoying Melbourne, Tim :D

I paid $25 for a book signing only, Tim. Not the talk. (I'll try and watch you on the big screen though, if I can get out of work early :) )

Do I get two signatures for that crazy amount of money? ;)

Don't forget while you're in town to check out Melbourne's favourite (yes, with a 'u') and largely incomprehensible past-time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MY0vCUBg-0

AFL! :)

I paid $25 for a book signing only, Tim. Not the talk. (I'll try and watch you on the big screen though, if I can get out of work early :) )

Ooh, ok going to brave the cold for this.

Hello Tim! Welcome to Melbourne! Hope you're enjoying it!

Do I get two signatures for that crazy amount of money? ;)

Don't forget while you're in town to check out Melbourne's favourite (yes, with a 'u') and largely incomprehensible past-time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MY0vCUBg-0

AFL! :)

Yeah, If they are going to be showing this up on the big screen I'm keen to hang out and watch it.

Kinda guttered that I missed out on the tickets, dang lack of funds and only finding out about this just before.

I'm even thinking about shelling out $40 (god bless concession prices) to go for the Friday day sessions as it seems tickets are still up for grabs on that. So if anyone is keen on going to that, let us knows and we could meet up if you guys want to. Or most likely just hang out at the actual place and play some games.

And I agree with Ignoramus, if you got a spare few hours, check out some AFL! I'd say if you were interested in going you would have to go to the Melbourne Cricket Ground to watch a match.

I'm going to the "The Forum" event on Thursday and Friday as well. I'm going to be in Melbourne from tomorrow onwards though, so I'm happy to catch up with people whenever :D

Does a purchase of the Forum tickets, despite only saying Thursday at checkout, count for both Thursday and Friday?

If it does, I'll be about both days too. OOOOH SO EXCITED NOW.

Does a purchase of the Forum tickets, despite only saying Thursday at checkout, count for both Thursday and Friday?

If it does, I'll be about both days too. OOOOH SO EXCITED NOW.

I'm pretty sure it's for both days (if it's not, I reckon there are going to be a lot of cranky people).

I'm pretty sure it's for both days (if it's not, I reckon there are going to be a lot of cranky people).

Hehehe... cool. Where are you from Cheeseness?

Sign in to follow this