Kickstarter Backer Country Stats

It might have been a problem 20 years ago, but even in

Germany, where people used to be sceptical about CCs,

it is not a problem at all to get one, even within a couple

of days.

I mean for years and years now Germany is the world champion

in terms of travel. There got to be people out there owning at

least one CC ;-)

I wouldn't be so sure about that. It is actually not extremely common to have CC in Germany - even though you might have one or get one. We Germans tend to not spend money we do not actually have to spend as well, which certainly plays another role.

I have lived in the UK for quite some time and had a credit card while I was there - it was just plain normal. It really isn't over here in Germany, no matter what age / social / work group you look at.

From my array of friends out there, I actually only know few people really owning a CC. Come to think of it...

I really don't. The only person I know is the one I asked to use his card for the DFA thing ;)

It's crazy that Ukraine is on the very last place. Next thing you'll tell me that I'm the only backer from Ukraine.

You are not the only one :)

P.S. At least we can't get any lower :D

That's a relief.

I have found out at least there are 3 backers from Ukraine.

They should be put into reservations as endangered species.

It might have been a problem 20 years ago, but even in

Germany, where people used to be sceptical about CCs,

it is not a problem at all to get one, even within a couple

of days.

I mean for years and years now Germany is the world champion

in terms of travel. There got to be people out there owning at

least one CC ;-)

I wouldn't be so sure about that. It is actually not extremely common to have CC in Germany - even though you might have one or get one. We Germans tend to not spend money we do not actually have to spend as well, which certainly plays another role.

I have lived in the UK for quite some time and had a credit card while I was there - it was just plain normal. It really isn't over here in Germany, no matter what age / social / work group you look at.

From my array of friends out there, I actually only know few people really owning a CC. Come to think of it...

I really don't. The only person I know is the one I asked to use his card for the DFA thing ;)

Really? I know only one person who does not own a credit card, and that is my 82 year old grandmother.

All the other people I know have at least one CC. I myself own two :D. Granted, I lived in the US for some time, but I had my CC way before I went there. I think this "Germans not having a CC" is an urban legend and an attempt on playing down the noobishness of the German populus when it comes to internet payments. :D (cf. Sofortüberweisung etc.)

Really? I know only one person who does not own a credit card, and that is my 82 year old grandmother.

All the other people I know have at least one CC. I myself own two :D. Granted, I lived in the US for some time, but I had my CC way before I went there. I think this "Germans not having a CC" is an urban legend and an attempt on playing down the noobishness of the German populus when it comes to internet payments. :D (cf. Sofortüberweisung etc.)

Thats your personal experience fine, though on the flipside from all the people I do know, I'm the only one owning a CC ;)

It is indeed uncommon in Germany to own one in my experience, because we simply don't need one in our daily lifes. I could do fine without, I only use it for internetstuff and my PS3/Steam shopping needs :P

Awesome to see a small country like the Netherlands (17M ppl?) finish in 9th place.

France, being 14 times the size of the Netherlands only one place ahead...

:D I'm proud!

Scandinavia represent! Add us together and we're at 8%, same as UK! Very nice considering we have roughly half their population.

Yeah, it's pretty damn impressive.

WELL. I thought we were reknowned for our disproportionately charitable character! So I wouldn't expect anything less from our fair nation.

So these numbers mean that

87,142 BACKERS

divided by 100 =

multiplied by 3

=

There were 2614 Norwegians in on the funding? Pretty damn cool.

I'd like to see how much money each nation gave. :P

Wow, i'm actually surprised that Switzerland is among the 1%-Countries. Neat to see that there are so many enthusiasts in my country.... just.... where are all these people???

I'm from belgium, it's a small country but ... in the TOP 17 YEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ^^

As an American, I say to you, "Congratulations for getting the credit that you good people deserve."

This makes me wonder, though, if the leaders of Belgium would have declared a national holiday if they were in the top four.

I would be interested in the PayPal numbers, since we Germans usually don't have credit cards, as others have pointed out.

I'm proud of my fellow Belgian compatriots. 1% for such a small country, nicely done.

Also, I want to share something with my fellow Double Fine fans: A sad salute to a friend of mine whose original Day of the Tentacle box was squished and thrown out by his girlfriend, thinking it was trash. It broke his heart and a small but significant piece of his childhood. My condolences... : /

This makes me wonder, though, if the leaders of Belgium would have declared a national holiday if they were in the top four.

Corrected: "As an American, though, I wonder if an anonymously remote and comparatively minuscule country like Belgium is actually small-minded enough to regard this as a significant feat worthy enough to declare it a national holiday. Of course, I'm joking but I can't help it 'cause it's common place for us Americans to ridicule Europeans and their small countries. The UK is ok, though."

I'm kidding, Gumby-fan. I don't mean to disrespect you, fellow Double Finer. ;)

You have no excuse, Canada!

Well, Canada's population is 1/10th (1/9th?) the size of the US, so I would say Canada didn't do too badly in comparison with our neighbours from the south. Comparing to Europe it may be a bit different.

You have no excuse, Canada!

Well, Canada's population is 1/10th (1/9th?) the size of the US, so I would say Canada didn't do too badly in comparison with our neighbours from the south. Comparing to Europe it may be a bit different.

No I get that, but I was comparing to the UK which is much smaller but raised more. I only meant it tongue-in-cheek though, we all worked together to get this game funded and that's awesome. It doesn't really matter how much was raised where, though it is interesting.

No I get that, but I was comparing to the UK which is much smaller but raised more. I only meant it tongue-in-cheek though, we all worked together to get this game funded and that's awesome. It doesn't really matter how much was raised where, though it is interesting.

I got that it was tongue-in-cheek and took no offense; however, in my obsessive compulsive need to point out factual inaccuracies, it should be noted that the UK's population is nearly 2 times the size of Canada's (~1.8) and yet raised only 1% more money. :P

Isa - saw Fiji listed there *pumps fist*

Any other Fiji backers besides me? Can't let Australia and NZ take all the Pacific backing credit :P

Add Uruguay to that list!! Maybe I'm the only one...

You're not the only one :)

Uruguay is missing, 2 is better than nothing :P

Sign in to follow this