Sign in to follow this  
cubism

Ironman (the movie)

So who is super psyched for this movie? I know I am. If you don't know what I'm talking about then educate yon self.

Education!!!

Heh, my friend has been rambling on about this for a while. Saying that Robert Downey Jr. was perfect as Tony Stark. The last thing I saw him in was probably a Scanner Darkly, and he was rather entertaining in that. Hopefully this shall turn out well, but I am a bit iffy about comic-book movies, being a bit of a comic geek to begin with.

After the pure and utter butchering of all my favorite comics as a youngin' into really crappy movies, I no longer anticipate or see any of 'em. Except for Batman Begins and hopefully the new one. The little preview of Iron Man I saw looked kinda neat, but those preview things lie to you more then politicians.

Wow, I come off sounding kinda negative here. Sorry.

I was at the theater a while ago with two friends at the Resident Evil movie for the pure purpose of us snickering at it and cracking jokes at how much of a fan fiction it was, the whole time. When the previews played, Iornman was one of them. My friend to my left started jumping up and down in his seat like a giddy school girl going "Oh, my God! oh, my GOD!" Now he has to see it.

I am just a giant Spiderman fan. So it most likely would have been pretty hard to make me love the film. I just don't dig Sam Rami's style for Spiderman. It didn't work for me. I kinda wish that old rumor of Cameron directing Spiderman and Dicaprio starring in it came true. Cameron RAWKS. But yea I haven't really liked any of the marvel movies really. Just my humble opinion.

I did like Batman Begins. Hopefully the sequel turns out good too.

I cant wait for the movie :D It comes out on my friends birthday so we are all going to take him

I saw the add when I went to see Doomsday a while ago, it'll be on my list along with 10,000 BC and Doomsday (again).

Anyone see this yet? How was it? I tried the demo for the game the other day. It was...alright.

The demo was pretty cool, I liked flying around, but the on foot stuff seemed pointless. IGN didn't think much of the game.

I think the movie looks good, I won't be seeing it anytime soon though. I'm saving my precious movie money for Indy 4.

I have to go see this, this weekend. My freinds little brother said it was the best movie ever, but he dosen't know what he's talking about.

Sure he does, who better to decide what movie is his favorite then him.

I edited it to be more accurate.

I enjoyed the movie as it stood without the first 15-30 minutes. Little things like weapons testing in Afghanistan, a serious lack of armor plating and gear on the humvees... I think one didn't have a .50 or M203, and had a 3 person crew... stupid, stupid, stupid. But I guess it's my fault for trying to be up to date with everything going on over-there. Normal people seem to enjoy it, so I presume some Schaefferists will hate it, or at least parts of it... Unless they bring waterpistols...

I saw it the other night with my girlfriend. We both thought it was very good. Personally I loved it and thought downy did an excellent job as tony stark. Good stuff.

Stark... was the perfect jerk.

Just mean enough to others to be funny and amusing, but you still liked him in the end. Now what about War Machine?

I saw if with some of my comic book loving friends, and we had a blast. Aside from being the most manly-movie I've seen in a whie, we got it have our OMGIT'SSTANLEE and other such moments. :3

The main villian in that movie looked like my school principal... *shudders*

lol He was playing Hugh Hefner, right?

You know, usually he's saving babies or walking his dog or driving the bus...

But in Iron Man Stan Lee is a pimp. Or Something.

Stylin'.

Ahh the movie is totally spoiled by other peeps for me now. Whateves. I hear it's pretty good. It looks like I might have been wrong about this one. I still havent seen it though.

Off Topic: Has anyone seen the new Spiderman cartoon? It's actually pretty darned sweet.

I loved this movie SO MUCH!

And OMG! You guys heard that Tony Stark will be making an appearance in the new Hulk movie?

They're totally setting all this up, I know it! There is GOING to be an Avengers movie!

How epic will that be?! It will be like, mind blowingly epic!

I'm geeking out!

lol He was playing Hugh Hefner, right?

You know, usually he's saving babies or walking his dog or driving the bus...

But in Iron Man Stan Lee is a pimp. Or Something.

Stylin'.

My freind and I had a bit of an arguement over it. Didn't he say, hey heff when they first saw him going into the party?

I know I'm a little late, but I haven't been here in a while.

My freind and I had a bit of an arguement over it. Didn't he say, hey heff when they first saw him going into the party?

I know I'm a little late, but I haven't been here in a while.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he did. Freedom agrees. :) (And welcome back.)

I went and saw this while I was down in Florida. I have to say, I was surprised by how good it was. I was expecting something along the lines of the Ghost Rider.

Firefighting Robot ftw.

It was pretty nice, actually. I ended up getting sick when I first got there, but I worked through it pretty well.

I also got stalked by a swamp duck. So, y'know, that happened.

Oooh. What's the difference between a regular duck and a swamp duck? (lol That's not some kind of euphemism for crocodile, is it?)

Nope, no crocodile euphemisms here. They did find an alligator back home in Kansas after we left, though.

Anyway, swamp ducks look like the unholy mating between a turkey and a mallard.

Photobucket

OMG!? Is that thing real? It looks like a duck got dressed up to go to a masquerade party or something. Crazyness.