Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

Help Test a New Video Player

I'm running Waterfox (a 64 bit firefox build), on windows 7 64 bit. It is crisp, and fast responding. this movie began playing almost the moment I clicked start.

seems to work fine here (w7 x64, firefox 13.0.1)

next to visually running smooth, in FF you can actually check the stats and i got confirmation it runs smooth.

the movie didn't have any subtitles, so i didn't get a chance to check that.

as a platform it seems to run just fine.

Well, I loved this. I have lots of trouble streaming from here in Kazakhstan because the IP is so, well, internyet, but other than a very brief loading wheel for a couple of seconds before starting, the movie ran without a single stutter, which is pretty miraculous for me. It looked beautiful.

And I love the movie, too! Thanks for asking us to do a trial run of this. A nice backer perk. or...berker... :)

Running IE9 with Windows 7 64bit.

Works just fine for me in Firefox. Same as Vimeo as far as I'm concerned. If it gives you the functionality you need, go for it.

seems legit.

on firefox 13

and if anyone thought they're running a hipster operating system that nobody cares about - try windows vista :D

The Vimeo player doesn't work on my desktop system (Debian Wheezy, Iceweasel/Firefox 10.0.5, and Flash 11,2,202,236) so I normally have to load up XP in virtual box to watch the episodes. This test player seems to work rather wonderfully. I hope you guys do decide to switch.

Works swimmingly in both of my daily-use situations:

• Safari 6.0 on OS X 10.8 running on a 2.5 Ghz Core i5 iMac.

• Safari on iOS 5.1.1 running on a 16 GB LTE-Capable iPad (3rd Generation).

Edit: I did try running it in my fully patched Linux Mint VM, and the playback was smooth as silk, but when I went to leave fullscreen, the VM crashed. :-/

Edit 2: Tried again, and the exact same thing happened. :-(

Edit 3: Booted into my fully patched Windows 7 install on my Mac, and it plays like a charm in the latest stable version of Chrome.

Edit 4: Just streamed the video over AirPlay to my AppleTV from my iPad. Worked beautifully.

Great initiative 2pp! Subtitles for the english-impaired :P

Works perfectly fine here as far as I can tell..

GPU: Nvidia Geforce 590 GTX

Browser: Chrome

I love this movie. It's a shame that they didn't have the movie in it's original language. I always prefer subtitles to dubbed voice overs. Until I see how this player handles subtitles, I'm still on the fence, but so far, it works perfectly fine in every other respect.

Didn't expect to get a free movie when i backed this, an unexpected & nice bonus. :3

(Though I'd prefer the original audio + subs, lol)

The video worked fine, with OK quality.

But... the security seemed rather weak.

Once you have the video up, you can right-click & copy the video link, and possibly make the link public elsewhere(?).

Downloading the video to your HDD is also a simple matter, I can right-click & save the video, though I'm not completely sure if it's there for everyone or if it's one of my Firefox plug-inn's at work.

for the sake of testing, I'll post a video link here, and see if it'll work for other people as well. (don't spread this further plz. ^^; )

http://cdn.redux.com/video/kooky/film/res480/kooky.700.ogv?tokenauth=1343948019_89f82f9b88cf51704a390b8c01ea143b

I'd be OK with this if the subs were the only consideration... (though the sub feature is still untested)

For your "privacy concerns"? not so much.

If you want the videos to be for backers-only, I wouldn't use this player. ^^;

(edit: well, at least the link doesn't work anymore. :P )

No buffering during playback for me, but took a long time to get started compared to typical youtube/vimeo videos. Acceptable picture quality (in SD).

(Chrome on Windows 7 64bit. Would be fine for future videos from my pov)

Yep, this is the only complain I have, it takes a long time to load, but afterwards everything is great.

Works great on iPad 2, even on HD. The movie itself was great! You should really check it out :)

Worked great on my system, not so much as a jerk or a pause. (Running Win7 64bit with Google Chrome).

Sign in to follow this