Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

Help Test a New Video Player

Seems fine here! No buffering on SD or HD. Video load's relitively quickly.

I'm using Chrome on Window 7 64 Bit.

For me it wasn't as good as Vimeo. It stuttered a bit in SD, whereas Vimeo works fine for me in HD. I'm using Chrome on Win7.

Works fine on my HP Touchpad with Android. Vimeo is not buffering and displaying well on that device, so it would definitely be an improvement for me.

so far PS3 internet browser does not play html5, it is hooked to my TV.

firefox 13 plays with little buffer so a bit skippy, skipping forward or back does not work.

safari is smooth all items work.

not tried on opera, chrome, IE5, or robin for Mac yet!

update soon

mac osx

version 10.6.8

2.4ghz intel core 2

4gb 1067 mhz ddr3

At the end of the series we'll also be able to offer the HD downloads to $30 backers via Redux.

wait... downloads...? wasn't that a streaming video I just saw? will there be downloads or just another stream? I'm confused.

anyways, seems buggy. First of all there seems to be no fullscreen mode (and you lost me right there). Second of all, there seems to be no subtitles :| ..I only got subtitles in the trailer, which seemed to be a youtube vid anyway, so if you picked this for the subtitles you probly should go another route. So overall, my impressions of this is not so good I'm afraid.

At the end of the series we'll also be able to offer the HD downloads to $30 backers via Redux.

wait... downloads...? wasn't that a streaming video I just saw? will there be downloads or just another stream? I'm confused.

anyways, seems buggy. First of all there seems to be no fullscreen mode (and you lost me right there). Second of all, there seems to be no subtitles :| ..I only got subtitles in the trailer, which seemed to be a youtube vid anyway, so if you picked this for the subtitles you probly should go another route. So overall, my impressions of this is not so good I'm afraid.

If you right-click, there's a "Save Video As..." option. I suspect there may be other methods for making downloads available as well.

There is a fullscreen mode. It's the button with the four outward pointing arrows.

This video doesn't have subtitles available (which I did think was strange, since that's one of the reasons for switching to the player)

If you right-click, there's a "Save Video As..." option. I suspect there may be other methods for making downloads available as well.

There is a fullscreen mode. It's the button with the four outward pointing arrows.

This video doesn't have subtitles available (which I did think was strange, since that's one of the reasons for switching to the player)

I do know what a fullscreen button should look like, but I see no such button.

works fine for me the movie is kind of dumb so i didn't watch the whole thing but from what i saw it played fine.

Tried running it on Chrome 19 on my 64-bit Vista and none of the overlayer stuff is showing up(like the HD options, or even to pause/play). It takes forever to load up, and continually buffers every few seconds. Also it's loading up through DivX for some reason.

Running it on Firefox(V12) is working fine however. No problems to report.

Read others having problems with DivX in Chrome, uninstalled it and now it's saying it needs the DivX plug-in to work. The overlay is now there, however it only plays the sound without the video.

1. Check your extensions and make sure that the DivX web player extension is disabled or uninstalled (it should be the thing that's replacing <video> with the DivX <object> embed).

2. Try restarting your browser.

I did uninstall the DivX extension for the browser, and restarted the browser as well. However what I forgot was that it asked me to restart my computer before the changes would completely take effect. I have since done that and it is now working properly.

That said it still takes longer than I'd like to load, and doesn't seem to present a buffer like Vimeo for me to load it up and watch. I really hope we don't go with this solution, I hate constant buffering video players.

That movie was amazing. And it all worked perfectly fine in chrome looked great in HD and fullscreen saw no issues.

I just skipped around a bit in the film (in and of itself a big improvement over Vimeo where you can't until it's downloaded up to the point you want to skip to), found it loaded quickly and played well. I quite like it.

it played fine, but the fullscreen button didn't work.

firefox 9.0.1

I hope my input isn't too late, I just saw this, because I somehow don't get any notifications any more

Using Firefox 12.0 on Windows 7 (64Bit). Streaming seems to work perfect. I also can jump quickly to spots on the film. Fullscreen also works fine, however the sound output is very, very low!

Hi,

it worked just fine for me (Firefox 12.0, Windows 7 32bit).

I started the video, seeked for a bit, switched to HD. Everything worked without much delay.

Regards,

Arakyd:..

Worked perfectly for me.

Firefox 13 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Hd, SD, full screen and normal.

Skipped ahead severall times and playback resumed fast without a glitch.

It's html5, not flash, I can't describe how happy I am right now :D

It works fine in Linux. Thank you for dumping flash.

Something I discovered was that you could download the video directly in the browser. I´m not sure what I did but I right clicked and pressed something but you can not due this action on YouTube, Vimeo, Gamespot, Game Trailers, or preview of watchkooky.com but all in all the video service seems well. PS I use latest version of Opera

Windows 7 x64, IE9 works fine here.

Also watching on my Nook Tablet and it seems to be working fine as well.

I didn't watch the whole thing, however I can comment on what I've seen. Seems smooth to me, tracking is good, no problems streaming at all. I like the html5, and I'd attribute any issues with quality to encoding (which, I'm sure, you can edit as you see fit).

I approve, shouldn't have any issues.

Tested on: Chrome, using OSX Lion, internet is ~12Mbit down :)

This one works much, much better for me! No need to wait to load like on Vimeo. It plays smoothly while streaming.

That's all for now. Enjoy the movie and let us know what you think!

I tried it in standard and high definition using Chrome and Windows Vista.

When I was in full-screen mode the video appeared to be a bit framey (i.e. fewer frames per second), but if I didn't have it full screen it was okay.

I haven't noticed this issue when using Vimeo in full screne, though the videos on Vimeo are usually shorter than Kooky.

Not sure what's causing the performance issue.

Seems to work just fine under Chrome on Windows 7 64-bit.

I suspect that my DivX Plus Web Player drivers are interfering with the new web player though, as I can't choose between SD or HD.

It also displays the DivX video player logo on initial load.

It looks like it's the HD version (720p video)

Buffers for a couple of seconds on load, no buffering afterwards.

EDIT: works with the intended player using IE9 64-bit. :)

Can't set it to full screen then though, so the DivX version is a bit better in that regard.

When do you think subtitles are going to be ready? I can't wait to see the videos understanding a bit more! ;P

That's all for now. Enjoy the movie and let us know what you think!

Actually runs smoothly and without a problem for me! :D On Chrome 19.0.1, Windows 7 64 Bit!

Sign in to follow this