Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OANST

It's a Fine, Fine World!

Wow, your like, the super luckiest dude in the world :) This sure was a neat thing the DF guys did.

Wow, your like, the super luckiest dude in the world :) This sure was a neat thing the DF guys did.

I felt like Dorothy come home to Oz.

That may have had something to do with the Judy Garland costume I wore to The Castro, though.

Pictures should be working again for anyone who wants to see them.

Also, when you guys check your voice mail on Monday you may hear the voice of a little girl thanking you for all the cool stuff you gave to her. That would be my daughter.

Dammit! Lucky you :D All of the developers in the world, if there was only one I could visit, it would definitely be Double Fine :)

(And if I could visit two of them, it would be DF again. I'd probably pretend I'm amnesiac. Then they'd get scared, file a restricting order against me and/or have me deported back to France.)

Dammit! Lucky you :D All of the developers in the world, if there was only one I could visit, it would definitely be Double Fine :)

Agreed. It really was a best case scenario for me. There really is no company that I would have rather visited.

Here's my daughter wearing her Brutal Legend shirt that Double Fine gave me to give to her. She was soooooo excited when I showed her all the stuff they sent along for her, and wanted to change her shirt immediately.

PicturesLVUP002.jpg

PicturesLVUP001.jpg

PicturesLVUP003.jpg

All DF game covers should be OANST's daughter wearing a t-shirt with the game's logo.

Yeah, she's the best person ever born. I'm not biased either. It's an objective truth.

OANST, you used to be known for scathing and/or sarcastic posts, but as of late that seems to have changed... Did this trip maybe melt your cold, cynical heart? :P

I'm slightly less willing to have people take my special brand of humor the wrong way on this site after having Double Fine fly me down to their studio, and hang out with me. I don't want to seem ungrateful, and force them to have to watch people getting upset at each other. Which, by the way, is never my intention in the first place.

However, the Oddworld Forums gets the full force of my monstrosity on a daily basis.

You, Sir, are one lucky dude! Congratulations on this once in a lifetime opportunity! And you should probably consider getting a decent camera. Escpecially, but not exclusively, next time you get invited to the DF Studios. :-)

I'm going to drive to the house of the next person that tells me to get a better camera. For Christ's sake. We know. We know the pictures were blurry. Does everyone think that if they continue to say the same thing over, and over that the idea is going to stockpile in my brain until one day I just wake up, and say "Hey, you know what? I SHOULD GET A BETTER CAMERA. Because if I don't then EVERYONE WHOSE MEMORIES I'M NOT TAKING PICTURES OF WILL STOP MISTAKING ME FOR A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER."

Whew. Got that out of my system. And to be fair, I don't know if you even saw the 700 other times it was suggested, so no hard feelings. Not directed at you, specifically. Directed AT THE NEXT PERSON TO MALIGN MY CAMERA.

No hard feelings indeed. I figured I wouldn't be the first one. Being a semi-pro photographer I suffered a severe case of temporary eye cancer by looking at your FREAKISHLY BLURRY PICTURES.

Besides. I recognized most pictures obviously taken by others aren't that blurry at all. Maybe you were just trembling with excitement. :-)

Relax. I just wanted to tease. :-D

I hope this means we can get another photo thread documenting OANST's trip to Outscisor's house. :D

I like how people just can't wrap their mind around this.

WAIT, SO, LIKE, IT WAS JUST OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF THEIR HEARTS? THAT'S IT? ARE YOU SURE HE'S NOT TIM'S SECRET LOVE CHILD OR SOMETHING?

My favorite part was their insistence on believing that the kickstarter money was used for this.

Actually, most people thought it was a really cool thing that Double Fine did, and had nothing but nice things to say. A small minority were upset that I hadn't really done anything to deserve it beyond just being a huge Double Fine fan.

Well.....there are certain areas.........

Who am I kidding? No, there aren't.

My favorite part was their insistence on believing that the kickstarter money was used for this.

There's a portion of people out there that seem convinced that Double Fine doesn't have any other methods of income aside from the Kickstarter fund, as if the profits from the sales of Stacking, Costume Quest, etc just disappear into thin air. Logic doesn't work on these people.

Although this is true, most people were just really impressed that they did this for a fan. Maybe not as impressed as I was, but still. Double Fine fans are typically pretty damn cool people.

The only down side to this whole thing is that it's really, really hard to be back in Detroit after being in San Francisco. I think I'd rather be homeless in San Francisco than live in a mansion in Detroit.

Sign in to follow this