Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dangeROSS

Spiders vs. Bees!

I have a very serious question for you all. Throughout the ages, one question has plagued mankind more then any other. Not why are we here, or what's the meaning of life. The real question I think we all know is, which are scarier. Spiders, or bees?

My brother and I have debated this for years now.And I have asked this to others before. But now I challenge you with my query. Which do you all think is scarier?

I vote for spiders. They are silent, evil assasins. You never know when they are coming for you, or where they are hiding. They could be in your shoe, or on your wall. Just waiting for the time to strike.

My brother says bees. Because they can sting, and other arguements.

Any thoughts?

Spiders with snakes duct taped to their backs, and laser eyes with turrets for arms and organs fuelled by coal and midgets.

Spider. Definitly. My little sister is absoloutly TERRIFIED at the very mention of tarantulas. :D

Hmmm, interesting. Veeeery interesting.

Snakes are high up on the list too. But I don't see them that often. I did have on in my backyard once the my dog was doing after. I threw rocks at it. Proabably not the smartest idea I've ever had.

OMG, That giant hornet is pure evil. I would throw rocks at that too.

The spider/snake cyborg would be a given winner. Our only chance of surving them would be to increase our fuel intake. Thus straving them or forcing them to rely on midgets more. Or until they realize how to harness the power of babies.

Tarantulas should be tied to rocks and thrown....into outer space. Towards the sun.

Bees, probably. They can get into your shoes and be silent if they move on foot. And then they can FLY. And there's usually big colonies, wedged in some crucial corner of your house or something, containing from 15 to 15000 insects, depsnding on the size of the nest. And each one is armed with a sharp barb connected to a pulsating blob of venom. Sure, the creatures die right after stinging you, but the venom keeps pumping in you so long as the stinger is still in place. And there's usually about ten other bees to attack where their sister was killed. But gosh darnit if they aren't one of the coolest creautres on the planet. And how organized they are...I'd go with my dad's theory that when humans die out, the next creature to take the reigns as dominant species would be Bees. or ants. Because of how organized their societies are.

Though this is an arguement about fear rather than danger...I'd probably go with bees, still. If I encountered a spider (which I do a lot, actually.), there'd definately be a small bit of shock, but I'm getting over my arachnaphobia pretty well, and if push comes to shove, I'll just squash the damn thing under a book I don't need, or any kind of solid object that isn't my foot or hand. A bee has a good chance of flying up and not getting hit, and then get pissed off and chase you for threatening it's colony. And when a bee stings you, the stinger emits this pheramone that alerts the others of danger, and before you know it, you've got a thick cloud of upset insects chasing you down the street for up to a mile. (I'm refering to the africanized killer bees.)

A spider won't bite you unless you threaten it. If it's just crawling on your arm (I bet about half the people who read that shuddred or looked at their arm.), it's not going to bite you because it has no reason to. If you poke it, it'll bite. But if you can manage to smack it off quick enough, it'll go flying. A bee will also go flying, but can fly back.

... Mmyep. I like both bees and spiders. I wouldn't want to be near them, but they're very facinating. And if I were to break my legs, I'd totally want some functional mechanical spider legs attatched to my back tog et around instead of crutches. I was thinking about this on the walk from the bus stop not long ago.

...I'd go with my dad's theory that when humans die out, the next creature to take the reigns as dominant species would be Bees. or ants. Because of how organized their societies are.

You might even call it.... an

*every jar of peanut butter has at least 2 flies in it, but the parts of the fly are separated*

I learned that random fact from my friend.

*just be glad it's not bees in your peanut butter*

Oooh, another important question!

Would you rather be devoured by ants or lions?

Cmon, cmon, pick one already!

bees stingers rip their arses off so I reckon a spider. Bee stings you then they go "aaahhhhhh shhhiiiiittttttt"!

Cause they have no arse.

...I agree with everything Ceeface said above o3o AND IF YOU HAVE TO ASK ME... bee's are scarier IMO o3o

.... except Bee Mario and Bee Luigi. Especially BEEWEEGEE. he's cute 8D

BEEWEEGEE.png

BEEWEEGEE.png.a86ad873c93b1b65bb7226a9e0

bees would also win in a knife fight.

Spiders could handle at least six knives at once, so what makes you so sure?

It's funny that you guys mention knife fights. Many moons ago I made this at work, while I was bored. It was soooo slow that day.

bevsspider.jpg

I still vote spider because you never know where they are. So freakin ' evil. I learned the other day that Albert Einstein once said that human beings wouldn't last two years if all the bees in the world were gone. Because we need them to pollinate plants. So they are a necessary evil. Plus you can always just spray 'em with bug spray or gunfire.

I should post some pictures of my cool flyswatter. It's electric. You put batteries in it, and it electrifies the little net swatting part. I love that thing so much.

I should post some pictures of my cool flyswatter. It's electric. You put batteries in it, and it electrifies the little net swatting part. I love that thing so much.

Heh, my uncle has one of those. My cousin just sits there frying and crackling flies, which eventually ends up with a pop and one dead fly.

Having spent the last hour looking at spiders and bees on wikipedia, I can declare that they are both awesome.

And also that I have too much time on my hands.

Snakes.

I agree.

I also wonder is birds are in league with the bees as they are always mentioned together, hmm...

Sign in to follow this