Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tim Schafer

Writing Update #3: Let's brainstorm Locations together!

I got something rather strange and awesome, I think.

Last summer I visited poland, and was in my grandfathers hometown. a little nice village near the beach. There was an amusement park that went bankrupt. They sold all their stuff to the towns people for penny or something. So now this small and rather humble village is full of pirateships, dinosaurs and weird loud stuff. Its the strangest thing. It simply does not fit together. The amusement park is abandoned and desolate. and while this village should be the funniest place in the world, its somehow rather sad.

Its like the financial opportunity forced all this oh so happy stuff on them.

just my two cents

Last summer I visited poland, and was in my grandfathers hometown. a little nice village near the beach. There was an amusement park that went bankrupt. They sold all their stuff to the towns people for penny or something. So now this small and rather humble village is full of pirateships, dinosaurs and weird loud stuff. Its the strangest thing. It simply does not fit together. The amusement park is abandoned and desolate. and while this village should be the funniest place in the world, its somehow rather sad.

just my two cents

an entire world made of teeth

a living/biological space ship

a forest of back hair, on a hairy guy's back.

an entire world made of teeth

a living/biological space ship

a forest of back hair, on a hairy guy's back.

Here's another idea. Not really a location, but more like a universe "rule" - but a world where the timeline is a circle. So, if one lives long enough, they can see multiple outcomes from the same events. If that makes any sense.

Here's another idea. Not really a location, but more like a universe "rule" - but a world where the timeline is a circle. So, if one lives long enough, they can see multiple outcomes from the same events. If that makes any sense.

just my two cents

That's sounds like a pretty amazing place. If they don't use this idea I might pilfer it.

just my two cents

That's sounds like a pretty amazing place. If they don't use this idea I might pilfer it.

Ventriloquist Dummy Factory.

Inside a vacuum tube system (similar to what they have at banks).

Through a battlefield where time has stopped at the height of the battle.

Inside a rain drop as it falls and drips through a tree and eventually lands on the ground.

A zoo.

A circus.

Tesla's Lab.

Da Vinci's Lab.

Ventriloquist Dummy Factory.

Inside a vacuum tube system (similar to what they have at banks).

Through a battlefield where time has stopped at the height of the battle.

Inside a rain drop as it falls and drips through a tree and eventually lands on the ground.

A zoo.

A circus.

Tesla's Lab.

Da Vinci's Lab.

Not a fire world, but almost: The motor forge in brutal legend...

Double fine's office

double fine's office during a brainstorm meeting

Edvard Munch - the scream painting

An eternal rollercoaster, including twist and turns and a 5x loop

'behind the scenes' of DFA kickstarter page

the green mile

a metal concert

a zombie world where everybody are scared of a potential human apocalypse

the Notebook...

a paranoid world full of security cameras

Not a fire world, but almost: The motor forge in brutal legend...

Double fine's office

double fine's office during a brainstorm meeting

Edvard Munch - the scream painting

An eternal rollercoaster, including twist and turns and a 5x loop

'behind the scenes' of DFA kickstarter page

the green mile

a metal concert

a zombie world where everybody are scared of a potential human apocalypse

the Notebook...

a paranoid world full of security cameras

Wow, what a lot of great ideas. Kudos to the backers. Crowd sourcing at it's best. Ice level?

Have you ever seen the 'Backwards' episode of Red Dwarf? You know, where they are in a world with time going backwards. Death is celebrated, birth morned and i won't mention going to the bathroom. I think that'd be a brilliant scene. Some guy runs up shouting and you don't know what you've done cos you've not done it yet. Pretty hard to put into a game halfway through maybe.

Wow, what a lot of great ideas. Kudos to the backers. Crowd sourcing at it's best. Ice level?

Have you ever seen the 'Backwards' episode of Red Dwarf? You know, where they are in a world with time going backwards. Death is celebrated, birth morned and i won't mention going to the bathroom. I think that'd be a brilliant scene. Some guy runs up shouting and you don't know what you've done cos you've not done it yet. Pretty hard to put into a game halfway through maybe.

Have you ever seen the 'Backwards' episode of Red Dwarf? You know, where they are in a world with time going backwards.

this sentence made me think of the dream scene in Twin Peaks... which would be a pretty nice, but scary level...

Have you ever seen the 'Backwards' episode of Red Dwarf? You know, where they are in a world with time going backwards.

this sentence made me think of the dream scene in Twin Peaks... which would be a pretty nice, but scary level...

- Christopher Walken's home!

- LucasArts' treasure vault (there could be a sealed envelope with text "The Secret of Monkey Island" on it)

- Ice level AFTER global warming hit it hard

- Inside of a tram filled with something more or less surreal/wierd (little bit like in Ix by Moppi Productions

)

- Hair Salon for cats

- Stand-up comedy club with tough crowd

- Nation run by a rinoceros

- Factory with two production lines, in one they take the heat out of the water and get ice and in other production line they put the heat from line one to the water and get steam

- Rehabilitation center for red foxes gone emo

- Car pooling with Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert

Sign in to follow this