Did you guys hear about the "zombie" attack a few days ago in Florida? If not, look up "zombie attack" on YouTube and there should be news videos about it on the first page at the top. Kinda scary...

Seen the post incident pictures, but by now i'm so over-exposed that i couldn't care less anymore.

I heard that the guy was on Bath Salts and that's what made him psycho. I had never heard of the stuff before. But apparently they really make you insanely crazy.

Here is a video of police arresting a bath salt user:

"Bathsalts" is codename for "I swear I know some organic chemistry and have access to chemistry journals, here's something I cooked up that's supposed to be psychoactive!"

I think the more technical definition is"a mixture of cannibiod and chemicals that are like ecstasy", but since they're street drugs they can contain pretty much anything.

bathsalts is basically mixed methdone, which is a opiate that is used to "fix" withdraws

I know someone who takes it medically(methdone) and it doesnt make you eat people, also it shows up in someones system

Also CDC called it bullshit shit, and there has been similar attacks and up along the east coast

@Domo-

One of my chemistry teachers (college level) is working on a way to quickly test people to see if they've been using bath salts, and while methdone is one of the common compounds they've found in their samples, they've also gotten some really, really nasty amphetamines and other sh*t.

Someone probably distributed something that had a new compound in it which is causing, or at least contributing to, the attacks. I've heard PCP can make people go into psychotic rages and bite chunks out of each other, but not like that.

@Domo-

One of my chemistry teachers (college level) is working on a way to quickly test people to see if they've been using bath salts, and while methdone is one of the common compounds they've found in their samples, they've also gotten some really, really nasty amphetamines and other sh*t.

Someone probably distributed something that had a new compound in it which is causing, or at least contributing to, the attacks. I've heard PCP can make people go into psychotic rages and bite chunks out of each other, but not like that.

oh im not saying "bath salts" wont wreck your world or anything, its the police offically made the statement that it was PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for "bath salts" to show up...EVER

clearly, either the police down at Miami are abysmally bad at their drug knowledge, or they are bullshiting

if you watch the full video of him attacking him, its about half a hour which if you look at how he was acting vs time elapse he would have to use the drug(at a powerful dose) right before attacking him, which is clearly not true because he had nothing on him.

He had to do this drug before hand but even then the drug wouldn't be at full force, even people on PCP and things are still alert. He really did act like a zombie, zombie moans/grunts and all. He also didn't even respond to being shot multiple times which is weird even by drug standards

also look at the responce, if the CDC thinks something is up,then clearly something weird is afoot

People with their chemistry are really upsetting at times, what happened to good old weed and shrooms? At least i know i'm high and don't do shit like that.

The reason the police probably released that statement was probably a matter of "hurp durp, i dont know what the chemicals to look for so it is unposible!!!!1!!1!"

My professor was working on bathsalt detection is because after your body metabolizes the drugs it breaks down into a variety of compounds which depend on what the particular drugs were, so they need to find a couple ones that are shared among a large group to test for.

There are drugs that can turn you into a "zombie" by dampening or damaging parts of your brain. It's like how LSD shuts of the parts of the brain that keep your visual centers from wigging out, except with the parts of your brain that let you reason and remember stuff. Combine that with drugs that reduce or remove your ability to feel pain and mess with the amount of adrenalin and other hormones in your system, you end up with someone capable of doing both horrific amounts of harm and withstanding horrific amounts of damage. Some drugs are also very fast acting, especially if they've been introduced directly into the blood stream.

One or more of these drugs might be new, accidentally created by a basement chemist messing up a recipe, or someone has been raiding medical and chemical journals again.

In short, what probably happened is someone is selling a powerful cocktail of drugs which are being labeled as "bathsalts", and the CDC is trying to figure out what the f*** is going on.

I could go dig up some literature on this, if anybody wants. There's an opioid that will give you late stage Parkinson's a few hours after ingestion, for instance.

People with their chemistry are really upsetting at times, what happened to good old weed and shrooms? At least i know i'm high and don't do shit like that.

The nastiest hallucinogen I can think of is Jimsonweed. The fatal dose is also very, very close to the active dose.

Natural just doesn't mean safe.

Thats actually a really good explanation, but then there are similar cases around the east coasts and so far not one of those people have any drugs in their system and yet they still bit people

Sure you could call them crazy, but that many crazy people attacking that soon(hours apart) in such a short distances?

If its zombies, im not surprised, if it isnt then im not surprised either

Whenever they say "no drugs" they actually mean "no drugs that we could find". There is a huge illicit industry based around finding new steriods that aren't tested for by chemists, fueled by athletes who are trying to dope without getting caught.

The way drug tests (and by extension, all toxicological tests) work is by looking for known chemicals and their byproducts. Because the human body is basically a very, very complex chemical soup, you can't just look at a list for things you don't recognize. Instead toxicologists (or forensic scientists) look for chemicals that they have in a database, check for elevated levels of certain chemicals, and look for known effects, and if nothing matches they go "Well, shit." and hope that someone recognizes the effects.

While we're on the subject, here's MPTP. It's basically what happens if you screw up while making certain opium substitutes.

Edit: Here is the narrative version.

The nastiest hallucinogen I can think of is Jimsonweed. The fatal dose is also very, very close to the active dose.

Knowing your own body and the LD50 surely is a plus, but i'm worrying less about the consumer, everyone should be responsible enough to know what they are getting into. I always thought drug detection works only in groups like for example "opiates" which includes THAT many *holds up 19 hands* different illegal and prescription drugs.

Knowing your own body and the LD50 surely is a plus, but i'm worrying less about the consumer, everyone should be responsible enough to know what they are getting into. I always thought drug detection works only in groups like for example "opiates" which includes THAT many *holds up 19 hands* different illegal and prescription drugs.

Drug detection works based on either the molecules of the drug that aren't metabolize for whatever reason, or the chemicals resulting from the drug being metabolized. Most opioids break down into similar compounds, so they usually can be detected as a group. Except the ones that don't, like MPTP. How the drugs are metabolized depends on it's molecular structure, so one drug in a family could interact with one enzyme, but another drug that's almost exactly like it but has a hydrogen positioned differently or a double bond in a different place might interact with a different enzyme to form different products, which might not show up in the tox screen.

And yeah, Opiates are a huge class of chemicals.