Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rubyhope

Documentary:Status

So,

How is the documentary going because I haven't heard anything since last month? I know the production status topic is there but that hasn't been updated since last month as well. I hope 2PP isn't too behind.

Argh! I'd gone 5 days without the switch being flicked, and then I see this thread...

qx0393.jpg

I'm sorry but it needed to be done.

Hello! We're still here, we didn't take the money and run to Mexico(Sweden?) or anything. We're busy working on the episode and a whole bundle of sidequests. We'll have the episode out next week, and the sidequests are on the way soon! We have two for sure and maybe a third if it works out well enough.

Hello! We're still here, we didn't take the money and run to Mexico(Sweden?) or anything. We're busy working on the episode and a whole bundle of sidequests. We'll have the episode out next week, and the sidequests are on the way soon! We have two for sure and maybe a third if it works out well enough.

2PP sometimes likes to kink the documentary hose, and then they let it go, and you get a whole bunch of documentary in the face really fast!

That's exactly what someone would say while in transit to those places to misdirect us! Haha, thanks for the heads up!

Awesome thanks for replying. I can't wait.

Awesome! Can't wait for all the video-goodies.

The plan really was to have it out this week! Unfortunately, it took a bit longer than expected. It'll be out as soon as it's ready, which should be quite soon.

The plan really was to have it out this week! Unfortunately, it took a bit longer than expected. It'll be out as soon as it's ready, which should be quite soon.

That's a very good specfic answer

That's a very good specfic answer

I particularly liked the use of the words 'be' and 'took'.

I may be way off base here, but I feel like if 2PP put less emphasis on getting these videos to look so 'slick' with all the editing work they're putting in, and in fact just did less 'editing' in general, it would mean much more content, and content that was released more frequently. The videos so far, both the main episodes and the 'sidequest' videos, have all looked great, but I know I'd gladly choose more content, from both a video length and release frequency standpoint, even if it meant sacrificing snappy cuts and other "polish" which, while nice, seems to be holding up the show. Just my 2¢.

I may be way off base here, but I feel like if 2PP put less emphasis on getting these videos to look so 'slick' with all the editing work they're putting in, and in fact just did less 'editing' in general, it would mean much more content, and content that was released more frequently. The videos so far, both the main episodes and the 'sidequest' videos, have all looked great, but I know I'd gladly choose more content, from both a video length and release frequency standpoint, even if it meant sacrificing snappy cuts and other "polish" which, while nice, seems to be holding up the show. Just my 2¢.

Well, they are a professional production team, and unprofessional looking work would ultimately reflect poorly on them when they're looking for future projects. I believe the point of the sidequest videos are precisely to address the concern that there be more content, while the main episodes are intended to tell a 'story', with all the extra editing and production that implies.

Although even then I don't know why you think it's holding up the show. The main episodes have been more or less monthly so far (a delay of a couple of days isn't really much to worry about) and so that seems to be pretty much on time to me, and it looks like we'll be getting a couple of sidequests each month, too. It all seems to be ticking over at a lovely pace. In the last month alone we've had about an hour of documentary footage.

I know. All of your points make sense and are well reasoned. I guess at the end of the day, my biggest obstacle in these matters is my own impatience. The last thing I want to do is come across as an 'entitled' gamer. The quality of the documentary content has been excellent so far, and I wouldn't want 2PP to release anything before they think it's ready. I will endeavor to moderate my slavering desire for more footage...at least until next month's waiting game ;)

2 Player Productions are keeping themselves busy at least. With the Double Fine project, and the Mojang project, they sure are working efficiently. I'm glad to hear that thanks to the successful Kickstarter Two Player Productions was able to purchase new equipment. It looks like it takes 5 weeks for a full "Episode" to release, and periodic "Sidequests" released somewhere in between.

Not to mention all the posts the Staff at Double Fine are posting as well. It looks like to be a well fleshed out Documentary.

One last note: I think impatience is probably a huge compliment to 2 Player Productions since it shows how much their work is desired.

Will there be a 'spoilers & secrets' type episode for the final release of the game?

What I mean is that so far we've had Tim tell us an idea of what the Adventure could be like and over the next coming months the game details will take shape, but I hope that a good proportion of the game's details are left out for good purpose - so when we get to play the game we get enjoyment from discovering things we hadn't been told about.

Whilst the documentary is being filmed there will certainly be footage left out, can all the footage left out that's associated to the material we've not been told about be added into a special "Spoilers & Secrets" episode we can watch after we've finished the game where Tim & crew let us know about the stuff they held back during the ongoing documentary episodes?

Helloooooooooooo...Somebody there?

Ok,now, their off to the Bahamas.

Besides the programmers,they have been forgotten at the office...

Sign in to follow this