Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rubyhope

Documentary:Status

We have to look at not just when the last one came out, but the frequency with which the other's came out as well. Ep. 1: April 5th. 1 month and 6 days later, Ep. 2: May 11th. 1 month and 16 days later, Ep 3: Jun 27. Finally, 1 month and 11 days later, Ep. 4: Aug 8th. They seem to be hovering around a month and 10 days between episodes. I expect the new episode approximately September 20th.

Ok, Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I figured it was better than starting a new one...

What's going on with Episode 11 and the new Sidequest?

This has been the longest time between episodes, since December, and you had the Amnesia Fortnight to blame, what are we going to blame this time?

Please post the sidequest and Ep 11 soon, I hope you don't take this as a complaint, because really, it's awesome that you guys have been able to upload a new episode almost every month, and I don't have much to complain about really, because compared to all the other kickstarter projects, large or small, you guys are doing the best job of updating us with good content and in depth information that helps me feel like I got what I paid for and I know exactly how far along the game is and when and how I can expect it to come out.

But really, I wouldn't be mad about a new kickstarter, you could state boldly that this kickstarter is just to see if backers want to get episode 1 or put up more money to get the game as a whole, without anything cut or in segments.

Ok, Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I figured it was better than starting a new one...

This has been the longest time between episodes, since December, and you had the Amnesia Fortnight to blame, what are we going to blame this time?

Please post the sidequest and Ep 11 soon, I hope you don't take this as a complaint, because really, it's awesome that you guys have been able to upload a new episode almost every month, and I don't have much to complain about really, because compared to all the other kickstarter projects, large or small, you guys are doing the best job of updating us with good content and in depth information that helps me feel like I got what I paid for and I know exactly how far along the game is and when and how I can expect it to come out.

But really, I wouldn't be mad about a new kickstarter, you could state boldly that this kickstarter is just to see if backers want to get episode 1 or put up more money to get the game as a whole, without anything cut or in segments.

According to this update from Greg, the new documentary episode will probably come in 1-2 weeks.

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/10025

According to this update from Greg, the new documentary episode will probably come in 1-2 weeks.

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/10025

It's been a week so I was hoping either the episode or sidequest were about to be posted, hopefully someone in the know, will post. =)

I hear ya.

At that time Greg said a couple of weeks, so at the very least it will be another week or so. But delays are inevitable so I'm guessing two weeks from now will be the release.

Hey guys,

Here we are again, staring into the face of another late episode. Rest assured, whenever we're late to get something out it's simply because said thing is so awesome and/or long that it's taking a good number of man hours to grind away at. Here's where we are right now-

Episode 11 needs another editing pass because it's currently too long! This is a good problem to have right? Well, not if it throws your pacing out of whack, so a large chunk of it needs to be carved out and developed into it's own thing. Even after this happens, the episode will still be super long and worth the wait. This one in particular kicks off a journey into a new space and series of events that should be a welcome change of pace from all the doomsaying prevalent in previous episodes.

It just so happens we've shot nearly all the material for episode 12 as well, and that one... well you'll have to wait and see.

2pp intern Marc is nearly finished with a new Sidequest, one which is EXTRA LONG. He keeps thinking it's just too long, so we ask "but is it awesome?", and he answers yes. That should be out next week.

There are also secret things in the works that we have to juggle our time with, but I can safely say if these things were not amazing we would not spend any energy on them.

We apologize for the wait once again, but I can say with complete confidence everything will be worth it.

Hmm i wonder what you consider being long (1/2/3 hours)?

I do like long stuff if it's interesting/entertaining/in depth, ...

Thank you for the update! I personally don't mind when it's a while between episodes (it's a lot of work!), but it's always great to get an update on when we can expect to see things! Thanks for all your hard work, and I can't wait to see the new episode. :)

Hey guys,

Here we are again, staring into the face of another late episode. Rest assured, whenever we're late to get something out it's simply because said thing is so awesome and/or long that it's taking a good number of man hours to grind away at. Here's where we are right now-

Episode 11 needs another editing pass because it's currently too long! This is a good problem to have right? Well, not if it throws your pacing out of whack, so a large chunk of it needs to be carved out and developed into it's own thing. Even after this happens, the episode will still be super long and worth the wait. This one in particular kicks off a journey into a new space and series of events that should be a welcome change of pace from all the doomsaying prevalent in previous episodes.

It just so happens we've shot nearly all the material for episode 12 as well, and that one... well you'll have to wait and see.

2pp intern Marc is nearly finished with a new Sidequest, one which is EXTRA LONG. He keeps thinking it's just too long, so we ask "but is it awesome?", and he answers yes. That should be out next week.

There are also secret things in the works that we have to juggle our time with, but I can safely say if these things were not amazing we would not spend any energy on them.

We apologize for the wait once again, but I can say with complete confidence everything will be worth it.

Just wanted to say thank you for the update. A little communication goes a long way!

This one in particular kicks off a journey into a new space and series of events that should be a welcome change of pace from all the doomsaying prevalent in previous episodes.

Hmm... very intriguing.

Thanks for keeping us up to date. It may be stupid, but it really helps to hear from time to time that things are being worked on.

Hey guys,

Wow what an awesome update, I was not expecting this, I really appreciate it, this should have been added to the latest project update, or maybe the next one...

I can't speak for everyone, but I'd like to at least say, too long? I don't think that's possible, but I understand you are trying to keep a certain pace going, but still, the more, the better. =)

Since the last few episodes have been double whoppers in length I don't mind too much that the gap between episodes is longer than it was originally intended to be. Still, I have to agree with Terminated: A little communication goes a long way!

Hey guys,

An extra long sidequest I'd like to see is Tim playing Grim Fandango.

Hey there, I'm slacker-backing Broken Age primary for this series, and I just wanted to drop a line of thanks for all your excellent work. You guys are making the killer app for my chromecast!

:coolsmile:

Thanks heaps,

Kurt

Good to hear from 2PP recently on the matter of Episode 11 and Episode 12. Looks like there's going to be a lot of extra long content this month, and for the foreseeable future.

You know what they say... nothin' wrong with extra long! :D

Hey guys,

An extra long sidequest I'd like to see is Tim playing Grim Fandango.

Tim should not be allowed to do anything non-Broken Age related until the game ships and that includes eating and going to the bathroom.

Sign in to follow this