Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rubyhope

Documentary:Status

I would like to point out that I assumed obscure was joking, and was merely joining in, not mocking him/her. Unfortunately there's no emoticon for joining-in-not-stating-opposition. Maybe "JINSO"?

I was joking ;)

Of course it's good to be a little ambiguous sometimes because you never know... what if we found out that it was the truth after all?

By revealing it as a joke we miss the chance of them getting scared and admitting it + I forfeit my right to gloat if I'm right.

(ok that was a joke too)

any update from vimeo? or are we just waiting for Tim to crawl into double fine and press the big red button?

any update from vimeo? or are we just waiting for Tim to crawl into double fine and press the big red button?

Bit early. It's a couple of hours before Double Fine usually starts to perk up. It seems like people on vimeo are still having problems though.

Man I was going to make a lame joke about how long it's taken the video to be posted but, from what I've read on this thread, you guys just have no luck whatsoever with this thing. You've my sympathies 2PP.

obscure's post seems to stuck be in an awkward no man's land between irony and sincerity. :P

I sense it's meant ironically, but who knows on the internet? And without a smiley? That's why they were invented! To avoid miscommunication like this! Tsk tsk tsk...

Its a pity the irony mark never caught on. "؟"

obscure's post seems to stuck be in an awkward no man's land between irony and sincerity. :P

I sense it's meant ironically, but who knows on the internet? And without a smiley? That's why they were invented! To avoid miscommunication like this! Tsk tsk tsk...

Its a pity the irony mark never caught on. "؟"

Oh wow an irony mark. That's almost as worthwhile as having a sarcasm mark.

I don't buy it. Here's what really happened: 2PP were slacking off for two months, spending our money and not doing any work. Suddenly they noticed that fans started to rabble rabble so they came up with a cunning plan: they paid off Vimeo to sabotage their own service so that they will get a nice, convenient excuse for delaying more! Yes people, that's where our money's going!

giZmk.jpg

06-serious.jpg

Haven't we all just got a little off topic here? I mean this thread is dedicated towards libeling 2PP, pronouncing doom and gloom for the documentary, and rabble rabble marathons so what's with this whole responding to other posters stuff? I just don't know if I want to live in a world where we aren't burning 2PP's staff in effigy, man, I just don't.

It's good to remind all this is a serious thread. Besides, I don't think we will shut up until they find a way around the vimeo thing. Then we'll rabble about something something dual story.

I don't buy it. Here's what really happened: 2PP were slacking off for two months, spending our money and not doing any work. Suddenly they noticed that fans started to rabble rabble so they came up with a cunning plan: they paid off Vimeo to sabotage their own service so that they will get a nice, convenient excuse for delaying more! Yes people, that's where our money's going!

Man i wish. Slacking off for two months would be awesome.

Nice work, guys. Will there ever be a feature film length version of the documentary?

And if so, I hope it'll be screened in a theater. Somewheres in SF perhaps.

Haven't we all just got a little off topic here? I mean this thread is dedicated towards libeling 2PP, pronouncing doom and gloom for the documentary, and rabble rabble marathons so what's with this whole responding to other posters stuff? I just don't know if I want to live in a world where we aren't burning 2PP's staff in effigy, man, I just don't.

Lets rabble rabble these 2pp guys into the ground for taking their time to make quality documentaries!

Man i wish. Slacking off for two months would be awesome.

We call that a vacation

On the bright side we have almost everything shot for episode four and we're going to try and get that one out in a more timely manner.

How is the next Sidequest coming along? Its status re editing isn't mentioned in the official documentary status thread.

Recently saw the latest episode and guys I've got to say awesome work. Speaking as a guy currently in college for a degree to get into this business seeing a video like this that demystifies the process and shows how they form a team and celebrate the start of production helped to show me that there is still some hope in the future. Working in retail to pay for said education for as long as I have you get used to being just a tool in the machine that's both expendable and worthless so hope's something that can come in short supply far too often. I'm looking forward to seeing the next episode, sure, but for this one in particular thank you.

Come onnnnnnnnnnnn

They almost finished the episode, 2PP saw your message on this thread and it interrupted the process. Now we'll have to wait longer.

With every post in this thread the release of the new episode will be pushed back by another day. So...oops! :P

Episode three is coming soon, sorry for the wait everyone. Lots of travel this month held things up. The edit has been approved and it's going into the final stages of post production.

On the bright side we have almost everything shot for episode four and we're going to try and get that one out in a more timely manner.

Sign in to follow this