Sign in to follow this  
OANST

What Do You Look Like?

Sorry if I'm going off the handle a bit here. I've had to deal with stalkers before (not the internet variety, the follow-me-home variety) so this shit makes me edgy.

Not calling you a stalker, of course. Just...DUDE.

Sorry if I'm going off the handle a bit here. I've had to deal with stalkers before (not the internet variety, the follow-me-home variety) so this shit makes me edgy.

Well, that adds a shitton of context.

no, you're justified in your response. if i knew about the irl stalker thing i think i would have been a lot more careful.

anyway, i can't promise i'll never say anything stupid or offensive ever again, but i can promise i'll never say anything stupid or offensive about you again. i will also think very hard before i sniff through anyone else's personal information/pictures. that's why i posted my own personal information. i can't hide behind anonymity anymore. i know that's not the answer we're all looking for but it's what i can offer.

also just in case you don't know i didn't do any complicated creeper things to see your profile. you just copy the second number in the picture url and paste it after facebook.com/. if you post pictures hosted on facebook anywhere else on the internet i can guarantee i'm not the first person to look at your profile. also not all of your pictures are accessible and that medieval dude was one of the first ones i saw so it's not like i sat there scrolling through a year's worth of pictures for what that's worth.

no, you're justified in your response. if i knew about the irl stalker thing i think i would have been a lot more careful.

anyway, i can't promise i'll never say anything stupid or offensive ever again, but i can promise i'll never say anything stupid or offensive about you again. i will also think very hard before i sniff through anyone else's personal information/pictures. that's why i posted my own personal information. i can't hide behind anonymity anymore. i know that's not the answer we're all looking for but it's what i can offer.

also just in case you don't know i didn't do any complicated creeper things to see your profile. you just copy the second number in the picture url and paste it after facebook.com/. if you post pictures hosted on facebook anywhere else on the internet i can guarantee i'm not the first person to look at your profile. also not all of your pictures are accessible and that medieval dude was one of the first ones i saw so it's not like i sat there scrolling through a year's worth of pictures for what that's worth.

I don't mind stupid or offensive comments. I say stupid and offensive stuff all the time. It's what makes the internet fun for the most part. It's the sniffing through people's personal information/pictures that's the problem. Making a joke about a picture of me that I posted? I can handle that. Going in to my info, finding a bunch of pictures of me I didn't post and post them on the forum? Now we're in creeper territory and that's where people are going to be most likely to get a little liberal with the "report" button.

And you know, I didn't know that about getting the pictures. While it is good to know that for security, it's still not an okay thing to do, you get me? While it is good to know that you weren't sitting there going through all my photos, my skin still crawls a bit knowing that someone was sitting there going through my photos at all. I hope you take this "just because you can doesn't mean you should" lesson to heart.

How you figure? Only thing this really adds to it is now you know why I respond with anger instead of going silent and not returning.

And you know, I didn't know that about getting the pictures. While it is good to know that for security, it's still not an okay thing to do, you get me? While it is good to know that you weren't sitting there going through all my photos, my skin still crawls a bit knowing that someone was sitting there going through my photos at all. I hope you take this "just because you can doesn't mean you should" lesson to heart.

yeah i definitely know it's not an okay thing to do, i was just mentioning that for informational purposes. perhaps the one good thing to come of this is that you learnt that sooner rather than later? many people don't realize how easily accessible personal information can be on the internet.

How you figure? Only thing this really adds to it is now you know why I respond with anger instead of going silent and not returning.

It clarifies to me exactly why you were going "off the handle", as you described it. That sort of experience would certainly color my view of what happened.

I've had a stalker in the past (it can happen to men, too), and I won't pretend it's the same for men as it is for women, because it isn't. But I imagine that even if I HADN'T had one and would have linked a FB pic and found out that people were using it as a stealthy portal into my entire personal life, that would seem kinda creepy. If posting a direct FB link is a sloppy thing to do and you wish for me to know that, maybe just tell me instead of demonstrating by exploiting it?

I try to keep my personal information mostly to myself. Not that I don't love you all and everything, but internet. I imagine most people feel that way in a place like this, even if in the context of the forum we're all pretty friendly.

Can we exchange the creeps for some crepes?

I've had a stalker in the past (it can happen to men, too), and I won't pretend it's the same for men as it is for women, because it isn't. But I imagine that even if I HADN'T had one and would have linked a FB pic and found out that people were using it as a stealthy portal into my entire personal life, that would seem kinda creepy. If posting a direct FB link is a sloppy thing to do and you wish for me to know that, maybe just tell me instead of demonstrating by exploiting it?

SEE YES THANK YOU.

If posting a direct FB link is a sloppy thing to do and you wish for me to know that, maybe just tell me instead of demonstrating by exploiting it?

yes i should have just told her through pm, absolutely. not trying to excuse my actions here, guys, just providing information after the fact.

I try to keep my personal information mostly to myself. Not that I don't love you all and everything, but internet. I imagine most people feel that way in a place like this, even if in the context of the forum we're all pretty friendly.

i feel that way too. i'm sure there is someone out there who is googling my name right now and looking at the profile pic on my twitter account with the extremely lame haircut. and if there isn't there is now. ugh. go ahead, post that picture here. make my day.

is it ok if i post my own personal information? i am going to post that pic.

eqLmrFw.jpg

it feels good to air that out. yes, that was my hair. so long and beautiful. so cringeworthy. ah. anyway because i have a common noun for a last name it results in a lot of random stuff appearing when you google my name.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=UbNbQk64decC&lpg=PA9&ots=dUZKAmIMWJ&dq;="keaaaaaaaaaaaaaenan shiraaaaaaaaat"&pg=PA9#v=onepage&q="keaaaaaaenan shiaaaaaaaaaart"&f=false

"Kee!" Naro wrapped his legs around Keenan's waist, his arms around Keenan's neck, and pulled Keenan down on top of him, lips seeking Keenan's. He whimpered into Keenan's mouth, their tongues twining and sliding in a slippery battle for supremacy. He let Keenan win, let Keenan deepen the kiss, Keenan's large, powerful body pressing him down into the bed as he clung.

now i am imagining long haired me in this scenario. ah. excuse me while i go die of embarrassment and/or ponder what is wrong with me. i hope you all discover my home address by tomorrow and order me 500 pizzas. bacon and mushroom please. i obviously need to stop typing now. good night everybody.

I used to care a lot about privacy, but more recently, I realized that aside from some inflammatory political posts, my facebook is rather barren. I've got a few pictures of me that other friends shared that may or may not turn up, but I think besides my profile pic (which I only recently changed to be an actual picture of me instead of my usual anime look-alike or red equals sign) I don't have any pictures of myself up there.

Which is probably a good thing for potential viewers. I am not one of those photogenic people. Every picture I take of myself, no matter what I do, looks awful. I attribute this primarily to the subject matter.

eqLmrFw.jpg

I'm too lazy to photoshop your face onto anything emasculating right now, but I'll try to remember to do it later.

Also, just as a tip for facebook picture sharing without leaving a trail back to your account, rehost on imgur. It literally takes five seconds to do so, you don't need an account, and if you label it something dumb like "pic5" or something, it's highly improbable that anyone will accidentally come upon it. It's what I do with everything, though if the pic needs to be resized to fit on a forum, I typically head over to imageshack, which you also don't need an account to use (but I have one anyways because resized images are a precious commodity).

*feels back of head*

I kind of miss my long hair. It just didn't look very professional though. Thinking of growing it back. Hmm...

What I looked like...

long300_zps7f9babfa.png

...Well half of me anyway.

The other half was horribly burned and I'm currently plotting revenge.

A side-by-side comparison of my old/new glasses! And probably one of the only pictures I've taken of myself, ever

fekh1Wq.jpg

Yeesh I never realized just how bent out of shape my old frames are. Don't even sit on my face right anymore

I think they look cool. Kind of unusual but definitely cool. Are those old glasses the ones from your previous picture?

@flesk: Yep. I've had them for about 6 or 7 years now. Definitely about time to start getting a new pair I think

@Fhqwhgads: Good ol' Monty Python. Didn't see the ending coming

I think the old glasses fit better to your face (or smaller ones with rounder less massive frames), the new ones are so large.

Yeah, I didn't really wanna say anything after I encouraged you, but they ARE a tad on the large size.

Still, if you like 'em, so for it.

Well darn. Guess it's back to frame hunting, then.

These will still make nice sunglasses

I showed your picture to my wife and she also thought they looked kind of hipster. I still like them, but something a little less dominant might be a good idea, seeing as you're probably going to have them for a while.

They look kind of like old lady glasses. I think they work on you somehow though.

Ehhhh, I'll keep hunting. I just really don't want to have to get new frames from an optometrist because they tend to be way too expensive and really limited in choice