Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aristotlol

Pre-Order Date & On-line Purchasing

On greenmangaming.com "the cave"(steam-version) is in the top spot of their top-sellers-list!

It doesn't show the actual number of purchases, but it seems that quite a few people are interested!

It's also up as a pre-order on steam now for the same price (at least in EUR).

Steam pre-orders do get some TF2-items - that's it, no discount or anything ...

Also no update on the release-date.

With GOG, I'm not so sure, we'll see it there in the near future.

They've only recently begun to sell newer titles and most of these seem to be from smaller publishers or directly from the developers (i.e. DoubleFine, Daedalic, Wadjet Eye, 1C ...). I haven't seen any of the bigger publisher-names with recent titles there - only older stuff. And I couldn't find anything from Sega at all.

Also no update on the release-date.

Apparently the Xbox marketplace lists The Cave with a January 23 release date.

Looks like The Cave is doing well on Steam too. It was riding 2nd place in the Top Sellers earlier today, and now it's standing strong at 3rd. Pretty awesome, when you consider the games that come after (Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2) being big blockbuster titles, and they still get plenty of new buyers every day.

:ohh:

Look, I pre-ordered an adventure game before it was more than a thought in Tim's head. Just think about that when you keep me from paying for Cave for another few months. Yes, I will shove money Double Fine's way for anything the promise me that will be playable in the future....really think about that & insert my lack of life here.

What is that, an insult? Or are you being self-deprecating? I just want to pay for this game while I still have an income. :P

Self-deprecating....and merely pointing out at this point I would pre-order anything Double Fine makes on the PC. I have to admit I own then on my iPhone as well...but I am really into VERY simple puzzle games there. And yes, I just plunked down money for The Cave. Heck at this point I think I would let Double Fine take $20 of my credit card every month, so long as I got games. :ohh:

Just preorder this sweet baby on Steam. oh man am i excited to play this game :D

Beside of a Mac release i would love to see it being offered on a DRM free store as well (thinking of gog or utalising the humble store) where the games are offered in a cross platform and price competitive way from day one on, instead of using alternatives to Steam as a secondary exploitation only.

Any information about a retail release? Is there going to be one?

Also, i dont like Steam but it looks like i have no choice. I would love to see The Cave on GOG and also to own a retail copy. I'd buy both.

Ron Gilbert? Adventure in a cave? Instant pre-order for me. Too bad about no online co-op though.

Recently pro-ordered with a 25% voucher on greemangaming. Vouchercode: GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1 *Valid until 18/01/2013 1600GMT

Makes a total of 9,75 € on my bill.

Feels like a steal. Why are you selling your games so cheap, DoubleFine???

Recently pro-ordered with a 25% voucher on greemangaming. Vouchercode: GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1 *Valid until 18/01/2013 1600GMT

Makes a total of 9,75 € on my bill.

Feels like a steal. Why are you selling your games so cheap, DoubleFine???

Glad that you liked that deal, i'm a moderator at GMG and yes am amazed at the price, it's a steal really and it's selling rather well.

Sign in to follow this