Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

Sidequest: “I’m Such a F@#$in’ Genius”

I hereby declare the members of 2PP and Double Fine Demigods.

Come on, what's up with that censored fragment of the notebook in 7:05, you guys can't let us just like that! The people demand an answer, the people need to know!

I wondered that. Maybe it's just embarrassing stuff, like all of Tim's deepest secrets.

Fun stuff, thanks for the look at the notebook. I love the naming aspect, since I know I've done something similar when trying to come up with names or titles.

Smiles

My new mission is life is to have someone remake Full Throttle and include the third that was cut out. I love that game, but I always remember it being comparatively short.

You're all going on about a bit of a page missing, what about the whole page at 4:52 that's conveniently blanked out after a few words were visible for a snippet of a second?? Wow, how about we deal with the log before we worry about the splinter! ;)

Do remember a crucial part of his freewriting technique is that he promises himself that nobody is allowed to see it. We are lucky we are even being shown what we are. =)

Awesome stuff. Can't wait to see future sidequests. =)

The tuuuuuuuuuuegg mcmuffinuuuuuuuuuuuube of ideas

Tim, you are an very interesting and entertaining person. Love to hear the comments about how you visualize the creative process in your mind.

Love these Sidequests!

Its been 2 days, its 1 day more than tomorrow, where is the longer version please ?.

No idea why but for some reason the Full Throttle/Liz Phair thing kinda makes total sense to me.

Love these sidequests! Just makes the wait so much more bearable then just going nutz.

I was wondering… I didn't pledge enough to get the series, but now I regret it (darn!). Will we able to buy them at a later time, or is it too late now?

You're doing a great job guys, keep it up!

@gusjc: yes, I believe all the 2PP videos will be made available for sale once both the game and movie are released.

Great epiphany for Tim! I was always curious whether the online movie ticketing service "Fandango" got the idea for the name from Grim Fandango.

Haha, his pages that are just huge lists of names. That's one thing I can say I have in common with Tim's brainstorming. Huge lists of names. Most of them awful.

Weird to have him not only say "Glimmer Train" but immediately say, "that's the name of a literary magazine."

I guess I've just started to think that only other people who wasted their lives in grad school writing programs have any clue which literary magazines are out there.

Those guys, for what it's worth, have rejected me politely a number of times.

Awesome video but man that is a lot of names.

Also who noticed that vita on Tim's desk hmmmmmmm.............maybe DFA on the vita

Yes I did notice the Vita as well and i was wondering the same. DF game on the go....SOLD. Please take my monies.

Awesome video but man that is a lot of names.

Also who noticed that vita on Tim's desk hmmmmmmm.............maybe DFA on the vita

Yes please! That would be great.

This is great stuff!

As a norwegian I find it amusing that Tim has a big box that reads "True Norwegian Black Metal" (you can see it clearly in the background at 2:35 ).

It also makes me think: "As opposed to untrue/unreal/fake Norwegian Black Metal?".

Is there a lot of fake (wanna-be?) Norwegian Black Metal music out there?

- "Hey, check it out, I bought this hardcore Norwegian Black Metal album!"

- "Dude, that's fake!"

- "Ah, man, another one? That's the second fake one I have bought this week."

Wow! I can't stop writing, can I? And it's not even funny, nor interesting.

This is great stuff!

As a norwegian I find it amusing that Tim has a big box that reads "True Norwegian Black Metal" (you can see it clearly in the background at 2:35 ).

It also makes me think: "As opposed to untrue/unreal/fake Norwegian Black Metal?".

Is there a lot of fake (wanna-be?) Norwegian Black Metal music out there?

- "Hey, check it out, I bought this hardcore Norwegian Black Metal album!"

- "Dude, that's fake!"

- "Ah, man, another one? That's the second fake one I have bought this week."

Wow! I can't stop writing, can I? And it's not even funny, nor interesting.

yes there is, there is a lot of arguing in the "scene" on this subject. and you would never even hear a word "hardcore" use along with black metal in one sentence. an example of almost an insult to "fake" bm is "norsecore". [ref http://www.metalstorm.net/pub/article.php?article_id=62]

im not going to provide you with my opinion on this though, even if i have reservations against some "black metal". i can even point you to some "trver" "kvlter" stuff, but youd have to ask nicely ;).

oh man I love this! Tim and his team are pretty determined and passionate and thats why they succeed

It's just impressive how complex the process of just finding the right idea is. Therefore I really have to give all my respect to you and your DF for creating a new, awesome adventure game for us, your fellow fans!

Sign in to follow this