Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zbyl

Support hipster lumberjacks!

“There will be no hipster lumberjacks in the final game”

What!? That's an insult.

Support hipster luberjacks!

I don't know, Luberjacks are pretty dangerous to have in an adventure game. They are very unpredictable, and have terrible handwriting.

Only if he gets over his apparent facial paralysis first.

Those eyes, man. Those eyes.

He'd make a bad protagonist anyway. He'd refuse to do anything unless it increased his hipster cred or involved Starbucks.

From what I've gleaned from the episodes, one of the characters is a girl in a castle, correct? Well.... Castles surely have trees in the near vicinity, that need to be chopped down. For the castle.

What? Did you think castles were built from stone? Pffffffffft

“There will be no hipster lumberjacks in the final game”

What!? That's an insult.

Support hipster luberjacks!

The lumberjack in the footage so far looks exactly like all of the lumberjacks we have here in Canada. Does he like axes that no one has heard of or something?

real lumberjacks call themselves loggers, but that's just too mainstream for him

Only if he gets over his apparent facial paralysis first.

BUT THATS HIS APPEAL!

I'm deeply offended by the fact, that people try to shove clearly mentally unstable game characters out of the eys of the public. People need to learn, that these kinds of problems happen virtually as well.

I think it should just be a portrait of the lumberjack or something like that, you know, one of those portraits with eyes that follow your every movement.

So if a hipster lumberjack cuts down a tree, is it because he wants to make an ironic statement about environmentalism and does he search out trees nobody has heard of before?

I DEMAND a cameo by Hipster Lumberjack in the final game.

Can you say no to these eyes?

ALzw8.png

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

[comic]

Gotta love this.

It wouldn't be right if this wasn't linked in this discussion.

I support the cameo appearance of the hipster lumberjack which only us backers will get. Voiced, of course, by none other than Brendan Fraser ... I mean Chris Remo.

I figured out why there can't be a Lumberjack in the game!

Nathan Bagel didn't create the Lumberjack! He drew one for fun, but the lumberjack who also looks like a hipster was a creation Scott C. who while a member of the Double Fine team is not the lead artist on DFA!

Maybe there can be a Lumberjack game lead by Scott after DFA? I'd play it.

Go look at The Art of Scott C. book, he has a whole FAMILY of Lumberjacks!

The story of a placeholder character... that refused his destiny

Coming to Steam

I figured out why there can't be a Lumberjack in the game!

Nathan Bagel didn't create the Lumberjack! He drew one for fun, but the lumberjack who also looks like a hipster was a creation Scott C. who while a member of the Double Fine team is not the lead artist on DFA!

You cannot foil our plans with your logic and reason!

We WILL have our lumberjack in the game, we must!

I fully and completely enjoyed the hipster lumberjack in the creating a visual style video.

I do think that once they create a general release of the game, they will have to deal with the general public, which may have different reactions to said character, which is hard to forcast. I do completely support a reference or tribute to said charcter in the final release, simply because he was awesome.

You cannot foil our plans with your logic and reason!

We WILL have our lumberjack in the game, we must!

I guess your eyes glazed past that I said there can still be a Lumberjack game, just not DFA? It can come after DFA. It can be a Scott C. masterpiece and once Oliver, Brandon, etc. finish with their "engine"/tools packing for DFA it'll probably be even easier.

That poster above (not going to quote it) is hilarious. The Double Fine Lumberjack Adventure may be the first non-existent game to have a cult following.

One can dream...

Photobucket

Very cool! To make it complete we need a 2HB logo for this game, obviously featuring the lumberjack.

Very cool! To make it complete we need a 2HB logo for this game, obviously featuring the lumberjack.

2HB wearing a flannel and an awesome logger beard on both heads.

Sign in to follow this