Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Julica Knegt

Favourite in-game quotes

I was told I just had to publish this and couldn't find an appropriate thread so I thought I'd start a new one... for fun/stupid/silly/insighful stuff you've heard people say in-game. This is the best one I've heard so far:

"I can't shoot at the volt-dropper right now because the gassers are out and the gas makes my eyes sting."

Yay~

Hmm.... let's see.... a reboot of an old event x3 still rings in my ears

"Why the **** did you bring rippers when we have shredders?!"

Well, I'll just say it before someone else does..

One time I was running the Honeychurch and asked my teammates what the left trigger is for..

SHUT UP :(

My Turn...

"Why are you putting down collectors??? We have 3 engineers!!!"

Think about that one... It's just so ridiculous on so many levels...

I can't decide which I love more. Left trigger is perfect (not laughin' at ya mate :P ) but my god. What. Is. Logic?

I... I can't think it through successfully. I keep trying. Collectors. Three engineers.

Wut.

ANYWHO- a lame one since I didn't play for last few hours as I planned to :/

"I see your point, but the fiesta doesn't explode. Boomerangs hit multiple enemies!"

Heard this one yesterday...

"The sniper turrets will target the Jacobs if you're shooting at 'em"

Gotta love it! You think I would have set him straight. Nope! Couldn't help myself! Beware there is another "Urban Legend" out there... Hey that sounds like another thread???

Yes/No??

YES.

Those random little things we make/hear/lul/whatever that become the fabric of belief that randoms follow x3

I have a couple right now! -but I'll let you make the topic :P

In a game right now and should post a few things this guy is sayin'

~"Actually snipers don't make sense on my side of the map because of the jakobs" Talking about 'left' side of settlement (spire and the like)

~"Actually lasers are good they can hurt anything and are great for knobs." "Well you see, it's not about damage. It can hurt anything and it hurts them faster than a machine gun so it's better"

For a second he argued that overlapping helped dampeners, he believed me on that (thank god).

Tried teaching me about the game multiple times with things such as "Sometimes you glitch and can't see the enemies" and "Lasers are good because they have pierce"

Defended lasers with a remark about getting to 40 on Hospital with them.

He continued to tell me I was wrong on MANY subjects, and to top it off when we lost on Settlement (I stopped playing to stare at this computer) He said "That's the farthest I've ever made it!" Wave 25 *shrugs*.

Nice guy, trying to teach me about the game when he hasn't made it very far at all is a bit weird though o-o

"Who has the sniper turrets? You have to put them along the walls so they can shoot the volt dropper at least once each time. Listen to me, I know how to play this game. My record (rank?) speaks for itself!"

I think Red's noob-guy is thinking of when you're simply too far away to see any tubes. I've never glitched and then missed them because I couldn't see them.

I tell ya, I gotta play more random guys so I can have something to quote lol

Actually I do have one,

This one guy argued with me pretty good about the game while we sat on the USS Mckinley. First he starts off like a normal person saying hello and all the good stuff but the next thing I know he's chattering on about how to play survival. Let me start by saying he is a Honeychurch with the Carpet Bomber and that this happened about 4-5 months ago when there was only about 8 people who beat Settlement. Me being the 1st, I was very proud about that back then.

Guy: "Listen dude, I'm gonna tell you everything you need to know how to beat survival"

Me: "Ok"

Guy: "Alright, you need lasers. Do you have lasers?"

Me: "Yeah"

Guy: "People think you need snipers and mines and all the crap but all you need is lasers"

Me: "Well I mean you do need snipers and mines"

Guy: "No.. are you listening to me?? All you need is lasers, I'm tell you."

Me: "I can see how lasers would be good for knobs and stuff but---"

Guy: "Are you kidding? They're good for everything!! Trust me."

Me: "No not really, they kinda suck."

Guy: "Dude listen LISTEN to me ALL you need is lasers, they take care of the rest"

Me: "Ok well I think you need to have snipers and mines because lasers aren't going to do enough damage to---"

Guy: "Are you not going to listen to me?? This isn't Call of Duty where everyone goes off doing their own thing and expect to win. You have to listen to people or you won't be a good team"

Me: "What the hell are you talking about I am listening to you you're the one who's not listening to me. I've solo'd and beaten---"

Guy: "DUDE this isn't a solo game!! THIS is team work based and if you don't listen to your teammates you're dead in the water"

--at this point im fed up--

Me: "Alright, so what's your credibility?? Why I should listen to you."

Guy: "Cause I've been playing games like this since I was 4. LISTEN I know what I'm doing so just listen to me.

**pause**

Guy: "Are you gonna listen??"

Me: "...Sure."

Guy: "Ok now lets get you everything you need." **starts selecting Mars missions*

Me: "I'm pretty sure I have everything"

Guy: "Do you have lasers?"

Me: "...yes."

Guy: *starts talking lasers up more and selects Hospital survival*

Now, luckily we go into battle and our trench's had actually been switched for some odd reason. He tells me we should start over and I gladly leave and turn my XBOX off. Although, I was kind of hoping to see his lost cause of a point.

I used to get agitated at people who think they know it all, only laughing at it later- but now?

I laugh right away :3 (Mute mic) No need to get agitated over it anymore, so I just amuse myself with the stupid stuff I hear and try (keyword- try) to teach a few things on the game *shrugs* Gonna see about getting some more randoms before the night comes.

"You know about putting down snipers first, right?"

This question sounds perfectly reasonable coming from the Honeychurch while we're still on the ship. I'm running a Selker with snipers and mines. By wave 35 or so, the spire is spammed with snipers, there's half a dozen mines at the spawn and I'm ready to switch from green base to orange to trade some mines at that spawn for a few dampeners and collectors on green.. As I cross through the "sniper field of death" in the water in front of orange I take a closer look at all the turrets there.

Every. single. one. is. a. super-shredder. O-O

Face-palm

Tried teaching me about the game multiple times with things such as "Sometimes you glitch and can't see the enemies"

This has actually happened to me. I played an entire game on Swamp where the tubes were completely invisible to me, or in the case of Willy's and Bertha's, only their legs were visible. It only happened once, and I was the only person in the game it was happening to.

The more ya know, but seems pretty isolated an event. Told me it as if it happens all the time x3

"I hear you but camos can be placed ANYWHERE so damage doesn't matter." When told about camos and mines blah.

You know, you can't possibly know what is most effective and what is trash until you push yourself to some of the challenges we make up.

Simply beating survival is enough for the majority no matter how bad you're hanging on.

I beg to differ.

Though I haven't gone for absurdly boring (to me) runs for perfection, I've made it closer and closer on normal runs simply by testing what's good and knowing the numbers when I can.

You can easily find out what's good and what's worthless(quote unquote), simply being a challenge fighter doesn't determine that :P

Judging what's worthless and not is also a bit personal, I judge harshly- if something else would be better then it is worthless in my eyes (Pierce Sniper > Lasers or mines > camos I s'pose would be the obvious examples)

Sure actually testing for the perfect item for this position and what not because of a 'perfect run' or 'challenge' would make ya better, but I've done the same simply because. I play a lot so why not test shit when no one else is on?

Feel free to feel high and mighty though I suppose. Works to make you strive to get that 100% just that little bit more :P

But as long as you challenge yourself you should be getting better and learning what's what x3

Though I haven't gone for absurdly boring (to me) runs for perfection, I've made it closer and closer on normal runs simply by testing what's good and knowing the numbers when I can.

I don't know man, the use of the word "boring" kinda sounds like a cop out. Challenges are the LEAST boring thing about this game anymore. How can kicking the s#&! out of each map in new and unique ways be more "boring" than doing the same ol' run to 100? Creating interesting boundaries and goals brings a level of freshness to every single run.

And I'm going to beg to differ on your begging to differ.

100% runs are a completely different ballgame than just using the "best" setup. Because just using the "best" weapons and emplacements isn't enough. Sometimes you need to throw in a half dozen archies, or line the side of the bridge with camos, or set up a well placed killbox of knockbacks, etc. Are they any better than Snipers or Mines? No. Do they kinda suck in most situations? Yes. But finding that perfect synergy in emplacement loadouts and locations is the difference between someone that knows how to play Iron Brigade, and someone that knows how to kick it's a$%.

It can be 'boring' because it is a matter of opinion and matches what I find it to be.

I enjoy making newbies and noobies good at the game and spending a game with a smirk on my face from the guy with double boomerangs.

I also enjoy a challenge, but find the attitude very meh to me lately. I just have no urge for a 100% run, just very very meh to me.

I never said the other stuff had no use, they do, but if you don't use them right then they are a waste. I more than understand that bit x3 not telling me anything by saying it o-O.

I do feel a little high and mighty because I'm very knowledgeable about a game I've played extensively past it's average playtime. I think we all feel like this, this forum's regular posters are all slightly elitist in one way or another - we all make fun of people that don't know what they're talking about and think we're better players than them. Red has the second biggest thread on the front page devoted to calling randoms out on their behavior that leaves you hating them or loving them and we've all contributed to it.

I shouldn't have phrased my reply the way I did. I wasn't only referring to the group that did the only 100% run on a challenge, that would mean I'm only speaking of 4 people. And Red, weren't you a part of the no orange emplacement challenge? I could be wrong.. Anyway, I think my wording still stands uncorrected because you have "pushed" yourself to be the player you are now. The majority of players leaves their potential at just beating a survival. You haven't simply stuck with the same strategy that half-ass works time and time again. You've played the game, contributed to the knowledge base of the game, and redistributed it into other unwilling players. (That last part was supposed to be funny harhar). I don't see how your IB upbringing is any different than the rest of ours except you aren't interested in 100%.

So please don't take a offense.

True stuff :3 I find boomerangs to be the least boring thing in the game when ya have enough of em x3

Just yesterday (or was it the day before...) I found 2 randoms with double boomerangs and I just had to join in on that action x3 Oh first Volty~ So many spiraling artillery~ X3

Hey I think the challenge runs are are the best chance to laugh OUT LOUD!!!

It's way better to bust some one's cojones/ovarios for "Misplacing a turret" than with noobs!!! How about getting to gloat you have 3500 scrap while your stuck off map??? AHHH the memories... Okay... Enough of that.... How about the 4 Hamer run on Settlement until we get back to 100/100 on Settlement??? Red... Ya in???

I'd love to be in that :D But I'm on a weird 'random' schedule. If I'm on and everyone else interested is too THROW ME AN INVITE :D

Otherwise I can't predict when I'm on or off for the next week :/

I do feel a little high and mighty because I'm very knowledgeable about a game I've played extensively past it's average playtime. I think we all feel like this, this forum's regular posters are all slightly elitist in one way or another - we all make fun of people that don't know what they're talking about and think we're better players than them. Red has the second biggest thread on the front page devoted to calling randoms out on their behavior that leaves you hating them or loving them and we've all contributed to it.

I shouldn't have phrased my reply the way I did. I wasn't only referring to the group that did the only 100% run on a challenge, that would mean I'm only speaking of 4 people. And Red, weren't you a part of the no orange emplacement challenge? I could be wrong.. Anyway, I think my wording still stands uncorrected because you have "pushed" yourself to be the player you are now. The majority of players leaves their potential at just beating a survival. You haven't simply stuck with the same strategy that half-ass works time and time again. You've played the game, contributed to the knowledge base of the game, and redistributed it into other unwilling players. (That last part was supposed to be funny harhar). I don't see how your IB upbringing is any different than the rest of ours except you aren't interested in 100%.

So please don't take a offense.

I didn't notice this post x3

Quite right mate, and I understand what you meant a lot better now :P I thought you were calling out that 100% is the only way to get a handle on the game's true mechanics, I think it's more about challenging yourself more and more and thanks to this second post I completely agree and no offense ANYWHERE X3

I understand that bit, heck it's a huge part of what I have to fight when playing with randoms. That one guy who accidentally made it to 100 one time and yet believes he knows best. It just isn't so x3

@ No orange- I think I ran in once with y'all, but I don't recall too well (I also ran it myself with me/my cousin/BCA (friend of ours) and a random. Don't remember how far we got but it was NOT the right team to run x3 Seem to remember doing better at some point but whether I played with you lot or ran it better with them, I don't recall. I'll say no for the sake of not taking someone's prized position!)

BACK ON TOPIC SORTA~

"You're wrong." Reply I got for saying we should stop filling green with mines (FILLED from base to spawn) and either put some more snipers or at the very least some mines at the other spawns.

I know that's a crappy quote, and more in line with the other topic, but the simplicity of his reply made me laugh, so it's more the words he said than what he did isn't it? :3

-also we lost to volty. So...I win :D

"I really don't care" Say the 'word' "dps" and I hear this.

Too technical.

I get this or close to it a lot when people actually ask for help, I can talk really simple but saying 'this gun has big damage that gun has little damage' is about as simple as I can put it o-o

... I need to jump on and get some more quotes >-> but going on 3-4 hours of sleep due to surprise alarm to class -.-.... should I sleep or game *hmmmmmmm* x3

Sign in to follow this