Sign in to follow this  
BlueYoshi

::UPDATED:: List of graphics & audio bugs (Mac)

Not completely. We did recently release a new patch that fixed a large amount of issues, primarily with sound, but it is not quite parallel with the PC version yet. We do know what's wrong though, and have more patches planned for the future.

One of my friends mentioned to me that she's been having problems with her game suddenly quitting out every couple of minutes on the Mac.

I still get audio clipping on my game, but it's gone from constantly to very rarely with the most recent patch.

Is there any projection when the next (final?) patch might come?

Time to revisit this thread, a new version is up! Anyone can share what was changed/fixed in this latest version? Are there still some known outstanding bugs, or are we pretty much there?

Thanks a lot!

The only known remaining bugs are:

* Missing images in a few dialog boxes (like the popup near the start of BB).

* Missing projected textures in a few spots (like Oleander on the wall at the start of BB)

* Missing lightmaps in some places with some (maybe ATI only?) cards/drivers on Linux.

Oh, and the next update will be "when it's done" but we're hoping that will be this week.

Amazing, thanks!

I'll give it a week or two and then will dive back in (and hopefully finish this time round)!

Controller support still doesn't seem to be working correctly. I'm getting no vibration when using the dowsing rod, the default button mappings are batshit insane, and it appears to be impossible to bind anything to the left or right triggers.

It'd be nice too, both on Mac and on Windows, to have proper display of controller buttons in the UI.

Controller support still doesn't seem to be working correctly. I'm getting no vibration when using the dowsing rod, the default button mappings are batshit insane, and it appears to be impossible to bind anything to the left or right triggers.

It'd be nice too, both on Mac and on Windows, to have proper display of controller buttons in the UI.

What controller are you using? And what drivers are you using for it?

It's a 360 wireless controller (official Microsoft one) with the Tattiebogle driver 0.12.

It's a 360 wireless controller (official Microsoft one) with the Tattiebogle driver 0.12.

It looks like you'll probably have to remap the buttons for that controller. I don't think rumble will work in the near future due to the specific libraries that support Pnauts Mac, but I'll follow up w/ the relevant folks.

t looks like you'll probably have to remap the buttons for that controller. I don't think rumble will work in the near future due to the specific libraries that support Pnauts Mac, but I'll follow up w/ the relevant folks.

Without being able to bind anything to the trigger buttons, that would mean being stuck playing the game with only one Psy power.

t looks like you'll probably have to remap the buttons for that controller. I don't think rumble will work in the near future due to the specific libraries that support Pnauts Mac, but I'll follow up w/ the relevant folks.

Without being able to bind anything to the trigger buttons, that would mean being stuck playing the game with only one Psy power.

You can mix in some keyboard buttons, too, if necessary, or play keyboard/mouse (though I understand that if this is in a living room that might be less than ideal).

I'll continue to look into this, but at the moment, I'm not super optimistic that we'll be able to stitch all the pieces together for this controller/driver/game combo in a timely fashion.

You can mix in some keyboard buttons, too, if necessary, or play keyboard/mouse (though I understand that if this is in a living room that might be less than ideal).

I'll continue to look into this, but at the moment, I'm not super optimistic that we'll be able to stitch all the pieces together for this controller/driver/game combo in a timely fashion.

Two hands on the controller and one on the keyboard doesn't sound terribly practical either! I recognise this is probably something of a minority interest, but it is frustrating. Thanks for looking into it.

I would like to express interest in official 360 controller support. I purchased the game to play on my TV with a 360 controller. As it stands it's impossible to come up with a good mapping that let's you play properly with the controller, as you can't map to the trigger buttons.

It's kind of frustrating because the 360 controller is pretty much the standard as controllers go. Surely you don't expect people to play with mouse and keyboard? Who plays a game designed for a controller on a mouse and keyboard?!

I have a crash in Gloria's theatre, after I jump on the boat and the stage changes.

experiencing the same problem.

I have a crash in Gloria's theatre, after I jump on the boat and the stage changes.

experiencing the same problem.

me too. is there a fix to this?

In OS X (10.9.2) on a retina when the OS switches from the integrated to dedicated video the game's display is scaled off the screen. My best guess is that the DPI scale factor messes something up resulting in only being able to see something like 1/4 of the full image.

The workaround is to turn off the energy saving feature (force using the dedicated video card) before launching the game. As problems go, it's only slightly annoying because it so easily circumvented.

I also notice that when in the kid's cabin area the frame rate dips when the camera is pointed towards the center of the map (towards the tree house)