presidentmax

Successful Sierra/Lucasarts/other related Kickstarter projects on the way

We now know that...

A new Tim Schafer/Ron Gilbert/Double Fine game will be made

A new game from the creators of Space Quest will be made

A new Tex Murphy game will be made

A new game from the creator of Gabriel Knights will be made

A remake of Leisure Suit Larry with the involvement of the creator Al Lowe

(king quest should also be returning either this year or next through Telltale games)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Schafer hasn't been able to make a point and click game since 1998 (grim Fandango)

Time Schafer/Ron Gilbert haven't worked together on a 2d point and click game since 1993 (DOTT)

A new Tex Murphy game hasn't been made since 1998

Al Lowe hasn't been involved in a Larry game since 1996

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also to come is a Bill Tiller (Curse of Monkey Island) kickstarter project I'm hoping it will be in 2d (who of you are interested in helping this kickstarter?)

So yeah... this is clearly a big year and maybe turning point in adventure games, we the fans who have kept the genre alive all this time have proven that us fans, do exist and we made these games happen. Awesome year to be a adventure fan and it isn't even over.

I recently watched the intro to the (awesome) old-school cartoon, He-Man. I think a quote from it is fitting for this thread:

"I (we) have the poweeeeeer!"

:D

Sometimes all you have to do is wait until the right foundation is in place and everything just starts to fill in nicely. :)

Also, yes, I want to give Bill Tiller money so he can paint and draw up awesome art for me to immerse myself in. Also go find and give money to the guy who did the music for MI3, too.

Update: this post needed more video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yeA7a0uS3A

It looks like Kickstarter has ushered forward a new era in the creative business. Now almost any company or small-group business can find a way to get funded through the common populace if that's what they want. Almost any cool project can be achieved now with or without private funding. Just look at the Awkward Zombie webcomic Kickstarter. It's raised almost $70,000 when all it needed was $8,500. It just goes to show that people will be happy to help pay for a really cool idea to come into existence. I'm very excited for all these new adventure games and can't wait to see how they come out!

I was sweating for Two Guys From Andromeda there for a while. After watching so many of the recent projects shoot waaaay over their goal, I was biting my nails at the thought that Space Quest might not make it.

But they screeched by in the last 24 hours. Whew!

It looks like one thing you can almost always count on with kickstarter is a last-minute funding sprint.

The more pessimistic perspective:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/172148/

Not an adventure game, but Dead State sounds pretty awesome(turn-based RPG in apocalyptic zombie setting).

The creator is the lead writer and designer of Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines(Brian Mitsoda). So I'm really excited about this.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/70755535/dead-state-the-zombie-survival-rpg

I was just looking at that game earlier today and was intrigued by it... I'm not persuaded to give it money yet, but I'm eyeballing it.

It sounds like they are basically taking the idea of the popular browser-based strategy game Rebuild (as seen on Newgrounds and/or the App Store for iOS) and are adding more story/dialogue as well as real-time action and exploration. Even the UI/textboxes based on notebook paper and sticky notes is pretty much EXACTLY like Rebuild.

Link: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/581493

I am happy for this, though. I got addicted as hell to Rebuild and played it for about 12 straight hours when I first found it, and the whole time I kept wondering (what if you could actually explore these areas in real time rather than just issuing orders and waiting for the report????)

So I'm glad it's happening and I can't wait to see what they do with, but in the meantime, if you're looking for a turn-based/sim strategy game that is designed around almost the exact same principles, check out Rebuild. Recommended in browser, since it's free in browser, but you have to buy it (???) from the App Store.

Hello guys!

I'm from an small company in Argentina and we love adventure games too!

We have created Reversion. You can download the first chapter from www.reversion-eljuego.com.ar

Now we have created an indiegogo campaign to raise funds for the second chapter. http://www.indiegogo.com/reversion

Thanks in advance!

I kind of feel like I'm done kickstarting adventure games for now. What we did was huge, these games going to bring people in and they're going to help the genre as a whole. We accomplished something big and now we need to sit back and wait for these games to actually come out and make their mark.

I don't want to have to Kickstart every adventure game out there. At some point, people are going to have to use these successes to get publishers interested again.

But I like Bill Tiller and I've bought his games in the past. I'd like to see whatever he comes up with, but I don't know if I'd back it or any more adventure games right now

Sign in to follow this