Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
steky

Personal project Adventure Game

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this counts as advertising or spamming. If you think it is, please could an administrator remove this topic

I'm working on an idea for a point and click adventure game and would love your feedback! It's called ShipAntics and you can find the blog here http://shipantics.blogspot.ie/

Please feel free to leave comments and follow the blog

Thanks! :)

Hey Steky,

I'm really digging the aesthetic of the game and I wish you a lot of luck with it. It's got a sort of Flapjack thing going on. =]

As far as the spam question is concerned, it may be viewed as spam by most people, considering it is the first and only post you have made on the forum. DF community members enjoy sharing and commenting on each other's work, but they can get a little grumpy when a stranger stops in to make one post advertising their project ("asking for feedback") or asking for money for their kickstarter. It happens a lot---especially now with Double Fine's kickstarter success everyone wants to dump links to their adventure games here---and it feels like solicitation if the community doesn't know you first. They don't know if you're even a fellow DF fan or if you're just trying to use the forum to leech from Double Fine's fan base. Know what I mean?

Not trying to hate on you. Just FYI for future reference. Stick around, make some posts, make some friends, and people will grow happier and happier to see what their fellow DF fans are up to.

Keep up the good work on the game! Cheers!

Hi

Thanks for the reply! I love Flapjack, its a big influence on the project.

I see what you mean about this being my first post. I've actually been following these forums for a long time and am a $110 backer of the Double Fine adventure.

I'm just not big into posting comments but its something I intend on doing more.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Hi

Thanks for the reply! I love Flapjack, its a big influence on the project.

I see what you mean about this being my first post. I've actually been following these forums for a long time and am a $110 backer of the Double Fine adventure.

I'm just not big into posting comments but its something I intend on doing more.

Thanks again for the feedback!

No problem! Still giving your game a glance over. =]

Well please keep following, its still early days but we will be posting more updates as we go.

We're working on a demo now but its slow going because its just two of us and we have day jobs as animators.

I just thought I’d update this thread for anyone who’s interested in the development of ShipAntics.

We have been very busy working on a prototype demo and we think its starting to shape up nicely. It still needs a lot of work but its getting there.

Please check us out on Steam GreenLight if you’d like to see some early gameplay videos.

Also check out our new website and facebook page

Any feed back is a huge help, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time.

Heres some videos of gameplay and artworks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0L0HXTNhbZQ

(moderators please remove this if you feel its violating forum rules. No offence intended)

I really love the artwork. I'm taking more of a look at it now. It definitely has a monkey island and flapjack-inspired thing going on.

Edit: Does your artist have a site? His work is wonderful

I really love the artwork. I'm taking more of a look at it now. It definitely has a monkey island and flapjack-inspired thing going on.

Edit: Does your artist have a site? His work is wonderful

Hey Spacedad, thanks for taking a look! I'm glad you like the artwork of ShipAntics. Here's a link to our super talented artists blog http://rgbvalues.blogspot.ie/

Looks nice! What platforms is it for?

Thanks! We're making the game in Adobe Air, so it will run on PC, Mac, iOS and Android. We're focusing on getting it to run on iPad and PC at the moment.

Cool. When will it be released?

We're working on a prototype demo that we hope to release soon. As for a release of the full game, that depends on us getting funding. We're considering trying KickStarter but its difficult because we don't have a track record or an established fan base

Game looks pretty, would back it on KickStarter, Would like to see t-shirts.

liked, friended and shared etc.

Cool. When will it be released?

We're working on a prototype demo that we hope to release soon. As for a release of the full game, that depends on us getting funding. We're considering trying KickStarter but its difficult because we don't have a track record or an established fan base

I know i'd be in with a few dollars, looks too good to not be made ;D

Cool.

Yeah, Kickstarter/Indiegogo campaigns can be tricky but I think you would have a decent chance. You've got a nice looking game. You would just have to make an interesting Kickstarter/Indiegogo video, a good description of the game and where the money will go to, good backer rewards etc.

I would promote it on my site, Facebook etc too. :)

Thanks guys! It's really encouraging to hear people would back the project and its a great motivator :-)

@ Fireflower Thanks for the advice and offer to promote the game, that would be fantastic! I think an interesting video is really important but we may have to do a Kickstarter to get them money to make an awesome Kickstarter video %-P How long have you been running fireflowergames.com? It looks like a great site!

Yeah, a good Kickstarter video is probably not easy to do. :)

The site launched in the middle of December so it's still quite young. Glad to hear that you like it.

Hey guys, I'm trilled to tell you that we've finally made our ShipAntics game and that the first chapter will be available the 24th of this month on IOS and on Android later next month!!!!

The games full name will be ShipAntics: The Legend of the Kiki Beast

Check out the trailer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjLIboukLyI

10418942_328352487316981_4688356922711181675_n.png

Thanks guys!

@Fireflower Yeah we do plan on releasing on Windows and Mac (no plans for Linux) but not until all 3 chapters are out on iOS and Android. The controls are very touch and gesture focused, so we will need to do some small redesigns to make it work nicely. How is fireflowergames.com going?

Sign in to follow this