Sign in to follow this  
zratchet

How many game developers are here?

Just curious.

QA:

Sims Castaway Stories

Supreme Commander (360)

Anno 1701 Gold

(the developer/publisher, Aspyr, does not have pages up for these games anymore :( )

Production and/or Design:

4 Game Jam games including COOP

Steel Storm: Towers of Doom

Purify Puzzle

SnowballZ

several unannounced/canceled projects

Community Management:

Steel Storm series

Tomes of Mephistopheles

Aw, well, I've enjoyed working on it, but really I've been wanting to make more traditional adventure games, RPGs, action/strategy games and the like - making a social network application just doesn't have all the aspects of gameplay that I enjoy.

Me! Resonance out in two days, which will make me official, I guess. :)

Designed & Programmed:

Anna

What Linus Bruckman Sees When His Eyes Are Closed

Infinity Bit

Resonance

Programmed:

Spooks

Nanobots

Some programming:

Puzzle Bots

Cool, super looking forward to Resonance, someone gifted it to me on GoG before I got a chance to order it myself, and we also have a review copy for Nukezilla.

I am a game developer of sorts too, but what I've done has been strictly in my spare time so far, with my friend Kieran who is also a backer.

We've made:

March of the Rorgers - A 72 hour jam game that we only did a teensy bit more work done after the 72 hours. It's sort of a mini tower defence game with a twist, and is sorta unpolished and very difficult, but we've kept it up on our site because it was the first thing we finished.

The Wager - This is a game about exploring a bunch of islands with your ship and crew to find treasures and resources so you can sell valuable island locations on to prospective colonists, and there's also a lot of writing in it for when you take part in special 'choose your own adventure' events where different things can happen. This one also started out as a jam, but we did a lot more post-jam work on it since, and it's been generally well received and played by more people than we expected!

We collaborate on the design, Kieran programs, and I do the music, graphics and probably about 75% of the writing for the games, and a bit of scripting if needed.

If anyone would like to play The Wager, or even that Rorger game, the link in my signature will take them there. :)

I teach game development at the University of Victoria. I'm currently an undergrad in Software Engineering. I've got one commercial release under my belt: Roly Poly 2 for the LeapPad. A fun little children's game.

I'm a gameplay engineer at LucasArts and I'm working on the recently announced Star Wars 1313. I'm a big fan of the old Lucas point and click adventure games, with Full Throttle being my favorite.

I'm a gameplay engineer at LucasArts and I'm working on the recently announced Star Wars 1313. I'm a big fan of the old Lucas point and click adventure games, with Full Throttle being my favorite.

Awesome! Really looking forward to that! It's got my eye like no Star Wars game in a while!

I wrote scripts (of the story and dialogue sort not the programmy sort) for a couple games some years back but I haven't worked in game development since. I didn't much care for the games I was working on but I wouldn't mind doing it again.

Game developer here. Hi to all!

Level Designer, Designer

gunshine.net (Scifi Zombie MMORPG)

Designer, Level Designer, Content Producer

Battle Buddies (Upcoming tactical UFO/Lazer squad like game for iDevices)

Single Player Designer

Unannounced Supercell game

Indie stuff

Orbyter (Project lead, designer, 2D graphics and sounds)

I'd consider myself a game developer, even though I'm not working at a game company right now (alas!). Worked on several game projects in school, but most of the other game/interactive concepts I've worked on since then are locked behind a non-disclosure agreement. By "interactive concepts" I mean everything ranging from interactive/virtual theatre projects to interactive advertising (worked on several NBC Universal projects, including a creative concept for HBO's The Wire).

I did some writing for a few casual games (on Zigiz.com), but since it was for the Dutch versions of the game, it wouldn't be of much use to anyone here. I'm working on a little indie experiment too, which I might post later on.

Hey Guys!

I'm a developer :).

I've been a concept artist on a handful of titles, and I'm back in games now after a breif stint in films. Among various bits of freelance, i have contributed to...

concept artist:

Star Wars: The Old Republic (EA Bioware)

"cancelled project" (Midway Home Entertainment)

Madden 09 (EA Tiburon)

I art directed on a short film at the company I am currently at called "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr Morris Lessmore", and now I am project lead on a console title.

It's awesome to see people from the industry supporting this project too. I am sure there are a lot of lurkers out there, who havent spoken up yet.....(hint)

Here's my list of credited titles I've worked on: Linky.

I've worked on a lot more than Killzone 2 but Sony don't credit their hard working staff on a temp contract for some bizarre reason. Also helped out balancing for Bizarre Creations James Bond Blood Stone.

I'm currently looking to get back into the games industry so if anybody who works in the UK needs an experienced tester then I'm your man :D

Sign in to follow this