Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cubism

March Mayhem: Developers' Showdown 2008

Looks like the next match up is with CCP...I've never heard of them, but I don't play MMO's. If I'm going to buy a game, I don't want to have to continue paying for it for the rest of my life. It just doesn't make sense.

Also, I'm tired of people saying, "BOOBS OR GTFO." It doesn't take a penis to play videogames, dang it.

I tried to vote after Tim's demands, but to no avail. I have yet to receive my confirmation/activation message, thus I am unable to. :down:

Looks like Double Fine's wiping the floor with CCP (may have to give that free trial of EVE a shot at some point), and Bungie's edging out over Lionhead so far...

If we go up against Bungie's fanbase, we're gonna have to really those votes in.

Did you get that message yet, masq? If not you might want to try re-register because those things usually come within minutes.

Nay, I did not. But I did re-register. Apparently as was mentioned above, you need not have registered to vote. Also, lest my connection is failing me as it so often does: it appears it is possible to vote more than once. Having voted then received the "thanks for voting" message, I departed. I then noticed Tim's new news and followed the link, only to discover I could still vote. Has anyone else encountered this, or am I rogue voter?

Anyhow, I'm kinda surprised Lionhead beat out Bungie.

Yeah, I was surprised by that, too. Maybe the Halo fanboys didn't hear about it? Or are people focusing more on game developer's creativity? Halo, while extremely fun, was not exactly original. I called the Flood outbreak halfway through the game (still flailed and ran around like my pants were on fire when I endedup face to face with the little weirdos, though).

Fable was creative. Disappointing when compared to the immense hype (I wanted to be a werewolf, dang it), but still fun. So was Black and White. Both took basic concepts and added interesting, creative bits to them. Both of those games also give you insight on your friends' morality when it comes to giving them power over a game world. (When your Creature is the epitome of all that is holy and your temple sucks out the happiness of an entire world, you've got issues. ...But at least you're a good parent-God thing.)

Well, at least we got them to the Great 8. That counts for something, right?

And, man, it was so close, too! If nothing else, that tournament showed developers how devoted their fans can be and that their efforts aren't ignored.

Best of luck to the guys at Valve! ...And whoever else was utterly crushed by the Two-Headed Baby of Doom.

Four votes?! What the hell is that?!

I wonder how many here did not get around to voting; if it was more than four then... well.... there shall be words (of some sort.)

Well it was close. If Valve wins though I think it could be safe to say that we won too.

Well it was close. If Valve wins though I think it could be safe to say that we won too.

Either way, it was fun. Which was the point--cheer on the team you like the best, have a good time, etc.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any other fan wankery aside from the Valve fans and DF fans flailing back and forth like someone just insulted their manhood. I was expecting something to blow up after Bungie lost.

Either way, it was fun. Which was the point--cheer on the team you like the best, have a good time, etc.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any other fan wankery aside from the Valve fans and DF fans flailing back and forth like someone just insulted their manhood. I was expecting something to blow up after Bungie lost.

I was too. But at least when they lost, we all lived.

Heh, I think Bungie fanboys expire all their energy on telling-- people like me-- that I suck because I do not "get" Halo. ;-P

I had did not pay heed to the forum posts; though, I would like to believe DF supporters were full of glorious witticisms and condescending tones.

I had did not pay heed to the forum posts; though, I would like to believe DF supporters were full of glorious witticisms and condescending tones.

Most were, and most of them ignored the bait from the Valve fans, but a few succumbed. It was bound to happen; there's a loud, obnoxious guy in every crowd.

Sign in to follow this