Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Episode 3: Codename: Reds

Amazing episode it was worth the wait. I can't wait until we see some more. I think it would be cool if after the end of the project that you guys invite everyone from the kickstarter to go to Red's for a drink.

Amazing episode it was worth the wait. I can't wait until we see some more. I think it would be cool if after the end of the project that you guys invite everyone from the kickstarter to go to Red's for a drink.

Or you can go now using our handy dandy bar crawl map-

http://goo.gl/maps/bNEU

I wish I had had this handy map 2 weeks ago when I stumbled through San Francisco all alone :) Though I even might have randomly stumbled in one of those bars when I walked through China Town, my memories of my evening in China Town are slightly hazy...

Now I'm back in boring old Europe, nothing like SF here...

Would it be out of line to point out how pretty Anna is?

Awesome episode guys! I may be a slacker backer, but I WILL be getting a physical copy of your documentary when it releases to the public. Then I'll force it on everyone....forever. Nah but I'll probably force some friends to watch it.

Came up with a question when I was discussing DFA with some buds and it was concluded you're super devs:

How many active projects are there right now?

Hah, I just want to point out that I work at a software company where we also codenamed quite a few of our releases after local (Vancouver) dive bars (and one strip club). We also did a sketchy pub crawl of all of them one night.

Just a fast question. Maby you already said this that i missed, but the character you are using to walk around with to test the game engine. is that a character that will be in the game, or is it just a test dummy?

Just a fast question. Maby you already said this that i missed, but the character you are using to walk around with to test the game engine. is that a character that will be in the game, or is it just a test dummy?

That's Redbot, a test character Oliver made for early systems work. You can ready more about him here-

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6688/

That's Redbot, a test character Oliver made for early systems work. You can ready more about him here-

Hi again. Tnx for fast respond, but i was thinking of the bearded dude that walked into the cottage :D

Hi again. Tnx for fast respond, but i was thinking of the bearded dude that walked into the cottage :D

That information is found here-

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6738/

Loving Tim with the Portillo's shirt, ate there yesterday as my first meal back in the states. Absolutely one of my favorite Chicago restaurants.

Great job as always with the episode guys!

In case every idea is a major spoiler, are we to expect "the spoiler cut" after the release?
It's a little too early to say exactly what shape this will take, but we are talking about what material we'll release after the game is out and how it will be presented. Just know that all that spoiler-ridden content we're sure to end up with as we get deeper into production will not go to waste.

Man is 2PP just really talented.

This is definitely the best episode ever. I just got a really heartwarming feeling from the Double Fine team, and just how much they are like a family.

Also, I like how Brad Muir's only presence was him saying "holy sh**". That was great.

Great episode! I loved to see how this all works, I never imagined it would be so interesting!

Also I want a GIF of Tim bullying Greg at the beginning of the episode! LOL

Just one question, isn't Ron involved in this project yet? Will he become more involved when he'll finish working on The Cave?

Ps: Nice try Remo

Great episode! Like in every good film or comic book: The assembling of the team of superheroes!! ;)

The video with the tubes is hilarious too!!

Keep up the good work on the documentaries 2playerprod, they are amazing!

I wish I had had this handy map 2 weeks ago when I stumbled through San Francisco all alone :) Though I even might have randomly stumbled in one of those bars when I walked through China Town, my memories of my evening in China Town are slightly hazy...

Now I'm back in boring old Europe, nothing like SF here...

Amsterdam? I've never been but I hear stories.

Great episode! I loved to see how this all works, I never imagined it would be so interesting!

Just one question, isn't Ron involved in this project yet? Will he become more involved when he'll finish working on The Cave?

Ron is very busy with the Cave at the moment, but you'll see more of him down the road.

At least for now, I'm pretty sure that Ron is more of a helper than anything. Someone for Tim to talk to and share ideas with. Perhaps things will change when development of The Cave wraps up.

Hah, I just want to point out that I work at a software company where we also codenamed quite a few of our releases after local (Vancouver) dive bars (and one strip club). We also did a sketchy pub crawl of all of them one night.

It seems to be a common thing. Hell, at the company I work for they're not even internal codenames; we have an alphabetical list of local pubs we're working through for our public releases - which is a policy I find delicious (if lethal) ;)

Ron is very busy with the Cave at the moment, but you'll see more of him down the road.

Thanks for your reply, I'm sure Ron is doing his best, can't wait to play The Cave!

This video actually slightly depressed me, since I will never work somewhere as awesome as Double Fine, nor have a boss as awesome as Tim.

Kinda like how all those people got depressed after watching Avatar, or something? Except maybe not that dramatic.

Still, my favorite episode so far!

This video actually slightly depressed me, since I will never work somewhere as awesome as Double Fine, nor have a boss as awesome as Tim.

Kinda like how all those people got depressed after watching Avatar, or something? Except maybe not that dramatic.

Still, my favorite episode so far!

I think i was depressed after Avatar for different reasons.

Another great and interesting episode. Go team REDS!

Also, cool seeing that you seem to be going forward with the concept of being able to choose which side of the story to start on - goes a long way to set the two characters and worlds on equal footing.

Yay, update! Supposedly that was like a 20-minute video but it felt like about 5.

These videos are so amazing; I just finished this one and already I'm like, "Okay, next update, please. Moar!" xD

Kidding, I don't want to be one of those insatiable fans. lol

...But seriously I could watch this stuff all day and it would never get old. >.>

omfg...ive expected that though...400k+200k...and how much is for PAX? is it tens or hundreds?

@chris: think of the people who is tim doing this for (apart from tim himself :P). if you take a person who played monkey island 1 by the time of release, he/she would be 25+. i wouldnt be surprised if there were fans of black isle games in here, like planescape torment. or knights of the old republic 2 (kreia). or smaller games like braid, super meat boy, binding of isaac, fez etc. we can take the ambiguity, and the complexity. i wonder how many gears of war or call of duty fans do you expect to be in here :).

@levering: great, youre reading the forums for suggestions! exactly what we have been proposing in here (unless you had it planned like this in your head all along). meetings are so important.

@tim: somehow, i get the feeling of limbo...was that an inspiration? and possibly gemini rue, because of the character switching. and what is with you and milking the word "delicious"?

Sign in to follow this