Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Episode 3: Codename: Reds

Okay, so most important question of all. Which sitcom best fits the team, and which team member is which character? =P

Great episode. I made a gin&tonic; when I finished watching.

To Team Reds!

Cheers!

Amazing episode it was worth the wait. I can't wait until we see some more. I think it would be cool if after the end of the project that you guys invite everyone from the kickstarter to go to Red's for a drink.

Or you can go now using our handy dandy bar crawl map-

http://goo.gl/maps/bNEU

you could but you would be trekking it alone without the DFA squad and that would be very very sad.

In one of the shots you show a whiteboard with MongoDB listed on it. What are you guys using MongoDB for?

HOLY COW that was awesome! best and most insightful episode yet! thanks11!!!

(and Tim... Damn you for the Psychonauts tease.... again)

Kay, I gotta step in here and say that you guys are using the term "high concept" wrong. It actually means the opposite of what you think it means. Don't worry, it happens to a lot of people.

I know we're getting only the spoiler free version, but I already really like where we're seeing this going in terms of writing. I'm really excited to learn more about the story process.

Also, best way to choose codenames. Thank you.

That's the best method of codename-choosing I've ever heard of. Sure beats a boring old dartboard, that's for sure.

Every time I watch a video involving Tim's notebooks it reminds me that I really need to give free writing a try sometime soon. It feels like the perfect solution to most of my writing problems.

As someone who lives in the Bay Area, it would be awesome if Double Fine did a bar crawl and local backers could go hang out. Maybe when the game goes gold or is released?

This whole documentary should be mandatory material for anyone looking to get into the game industry. Sure, every studio is different, but things like internal team recruiting, having to think about launch event budgets, tools, codenames... a lot of that you barely hear about until you're in the thick of it.

Fantastic work, guys.

Exactly.

As an aspiring dev myself, this has all been amazingly insightful, more-so than most of the books I've read on the subject.

I also enjoy how this is teaching people about the inner working of game development, rather than just keep an abstract thought of dev.

It's so nice seeing the individual work and backgrounds of different members of the team. I really loved seeing Lee working at translating Bagel's artwork and Anna's story about falling in love with games as a kid. Really lovely.

It was great to see all the bars that become the codenames for all the projects. QuickQ: Was there a bar/codename for The Cave? Or was nobody allowed to drink on that project because it had a name from the outset? (And if I ever get a job at Double Fine, should I refrain from naming projects in order to increase the chances of a pub crawl?)

I've got a couple questions...

1. Will Tim and Remo become best friends by the end of DFA?

2. Who's gonna get the girl?

In all seriousness though... this is awesome getting to see all of this unfold. I'm very excited for all of you... this looks like this is going to be a ton of fun.

Always notice this in the shots of Tim's office, but it's never been picked up on. There is a V-cube 5 on Tim's desk, which is always just as unsolved as it was the previous month ;)

Tim can solve all of those cubes in just a few minutes. I don't get how he does it at all.

Great new video update! Makes it worth the money of all the kickstarter from now, even if this game is the worst of all or the best of all, this adventure of doing this game is the best!

"You are greatly overestimating my alcohol tolerance."

"All I heard was you are great."

Genius.

It was a little scary how he just dropped that without missing a beat.

Simple curiosity: all the "sidequest" videos, or the YouTube's one with the people of fangamer who are working, and every notes added with the videos, is everything will be on the DVD/Bluray? Or only the "main" episodes?

Simple curiosity: all the "sidequest" videos, or the YouTube's one with the people of fangamer who are working, and every notes added with the videos, is everything will be on the DVD/Bluray? Or only the "main" episodes?
It will all depend on how much space is available on the discs after we've accounted for all the core documentary episodes. We will try to fit as much bonus material as possible within reason (we won't be shipping 20-disc sets, for example). The show notes are a little easier to manage so we'll figure out some way of incorporating them.

OK, cool. Thanks for the response, looking forward to it (and the game, of course).

Be honest.

Lumberjack hipster is based on Greg Rice, right?

Really enjoyed the episode. Is there an episode viewing held at Double Fine after every episode is finished?

"You are greatly overestimating my alcohol tolerance."

"All I heard was you are great."

Genius.

It was a little scary how he just dropped that without missing a beat.

That's Tim.

Really enjoyed the episode. Is there an episode viewing held at Double Fine after every episode is finished?

There is!! We watch it a couple days before it goes live while we're waiting on final audio.

Say Greg, do you have to plan in a small budget for codenamefinding, or is everything on Tim, who is supposedly great ;)?

Sign in to follow this