Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Episode 3: Codename: Reds

Chris's feedback gave me Thumbs flashbacks. It's the kind of stuff I love hearing from him.

Once again, 2PP did a fantastic job portraying the people and process behind the Double Fine Adventure. I'm very looking forward to the next episode!

P.S.: Just watched "Reformat the Planet". You guys rock!

Always notice this in the shots of Tim's office, but it's never been picked up on. There is a V-cube 5 on Tim's desk, which is always just as unsolved as it was the previous month ;)

Are you daring me to solve that thing? I will solve it, and then I will solve your face.

**rubik's face threat!!**

@tim: somehow, i get the feeling of limbo...was that an inspiration? and possibly gemini rue, because of the character switching. and what is with you and milking the word "delicious"?

LIMBO is only an inspiration in that it was awesome, and I also want to make something that's awesome.

I haven't played Gemini Rue yet, but it's on my list.

We've been doing character switching since Maniac Mansion and DOTT though, so that's probably where it came from.

Look!

Wild subtitles appeared.

They look pretty good.

Hope more will come to help us non english tongued to better understand.

Also:

Bran art is marvelous. Look at those stairs, what a perfect perspective. And I really love your StickMan, he can compete with RedBot, I think.

Also:

Why the hell I always tought Lee Petty was a woman? Well Lee, you are still sexy.

I enjoyed this, but what I'd really love to see is more footage from meetings. Maybe that's being saved for sidequests but I really like watching the team interact.

Edit:

Wondering if there are any plans of adding subtitle tracks to the DVD/Blu-ray?

Subtitles are in the works. We want to have the streaming episodes subtitled soon, and the physical release will definitely have subs for the series.

If you need help with a french version of the subs, drop me a line.

Cheers

You're all such beautiful people! I'll pretend that's why I could never work in the games/documentary industries. :P

Seth

@tim: somehow, i get the feeling of limbo...was that an inspiration? and possibly gemini rue, because of the character switching. and what is with you and milking the word "delicious"?

LIMBO is only an inspiration in that it was awesome, and I also want to make something that's awesome.

I haven't played Gemini Rue yet, but it's on my list.

We've been doing character switching since Maniac Mansion and DOTT though, so that's probably where it came from.

1) yup, that was not an insinuation of a ripoff. im sorry, if it came through like that. because of the last sentence maybe? that was just a reference to psychonauts.

the ending of limbo came to my mind, when i saw that tree with both characters there.

2) indeed, but gemini rue brought that back into modern adventure games. i think you will like gemini rue, try the dev commentary. its a worthwhile listens.

I think I'm insane, because I got teary hearing about the cancelled projects at the end :(

Loved the episode. On a side note, I really loved the 'It's all coming back to me' feature too, all my Day of The Tentacle memories are flooding back to me now. Excellent DOTT feature, really made my day Tim!

Great episode. :). Fun to see the team and to see things moving on. + I love Anna. She looks so cool.

This would be the top TV torrent if it was on open release. Thankfully it isn't.

Always a pleasure to watch.

I would love to see a DF charity event with 2HB cupcakes and games and prizes.

Or as side-quests, 'A day with Greg' or 'A day with Chris'.

Will everyone work full-time or will artists take a back seat during late programming?

Amazing and brilliant episode as always!

But wait... At 24:32... Did Tim just say "Brutal Legend 2, we're starting working on that". o.O

He did! Didn't he? My my! The future is certainly rockin'! Both because of Reds, and that. ^.^

Did Tim just say "Brutal Legend 2, we're starting working on that". o.O He did! Didn't he?
Started. u___u sorry, friend.

That was a really awesome episode - I'm looking very much forward to the next one. Keep up the good work!

Did Tim just say "Brutal Legend 2, we're starting working on that". o.O He did! Didn't he?
Started. u___u sorry, friend.

Aww. My bad. Oh well, great episode anyway! :-)

Great episode, guys! :coolsmile:

Bit of clarification though. Does the entire DFA team consist of Tim, Greg, Anna, Brandon, Oliver, Lee, Bagel, and Chris? Or are there other members of the team that were not featured in the video? Just curious, thanks. :)

Lets hope my goverment dosnt get to know that there will some kind of advertising of bar crawl

allbeit subtle since my contry have some really strict laws about alcahol advertisement almost to any degree.

Its aperently dangerous to let people decide by themself if they want to drink or not in my contry.

*Sarcasm*

But maybe it will work difrently if its a documentary,,, hmmm.

P.S Dont edit out anything before shipping out, please even though my contrys laws are a bit silly at times.

Red's is entertaining. Try a shot from the clay pot of Chinese liquor behind the bar next time you're there.

Man, Vimeo is really terrible. It's always crashing or not loading. Several reloads usually does the trick.

Thanks for keeping us posted though!

This episode was awesome in every way possible. I love the team. Anna, Tim, Greg, Lee, and my favorite ever Chris Remo! ,all seem like this band of heroes coming together to give point-and-click adventure games back to the people. Well friends, THANK YOU and Godspeed!

I love everything about the game, the process, the people, and the production videos made by 2P. I'm a Slacker Backer so it may not mean much but I feel like just watching the process is worth my money.

I love everything about the game, the process, the people, and the production videos made by 2P. I'm a Slacker Backer so it may not mean much but I feel like just watching the process is worth my money.

Hey Slacker Backer, nice to have you on board and polstering the budget. A heartly welcome :)

Great episode! I agree with many here that it is the best one so far. Some really nice new pieces of music as well. I still love that track you use for the closing credits.

Is the budget really still quite tight compared to the other smaller DF-projects? Or was that just a sly tactic to get Brandon to work on DFA? It's a shame that the rewards are taking such a big chunk out of the budget, but after seeing that Fangamer-video it's completely understandable (and I don't believe I'll complain when I'll finally receive them....).

24:34 - “We Are the Champions” is the song Tim sang on the company’s intercom to let everybody know that--after slowly running out of cash due to the cancellation of Psychonauts--money had arrived from Majesco, and the company was not going out of business.

:-) How did the neighbours respond?

Sign in to follow this