Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

Testing Subtitle Stuff *just a test*

That's weird. The subtitles aren't activating when I put it into fullscreen mode.

That is an issue for sure, thanks for pointing it out.

Did I just change the subtitles for everyone else, or just for me? I trust you'll be able to restrict that?

(Though you couldn't really "improve" the subtitles normally because these videos are private and can't be embedded on external sites, so when you click to improve the translation, the Universal Subtitles page doesn't actually let you see the video.)

Did I just change the subtitles for everyone else, or just for me? I trust you'll be able to restrict that?

(Though you couldn't really "improve" the subtitles normally because these videos are private and can't be embedded on external sites, so when you click to improve the translation, the Universal Subtitles page doesn't actually let you see the video.)

I believe you did change the subtitles for everyone. They'll have to find a way to lock that down.

Ok, here's a proposal for improved subtitles.

Hola Amigos! Look at your chair now back to this chair, now back to your chair, now back to this. Sadly, your chair is not this one. But if you put it in DF offices and got this nifty backpack on it and this light it could look like this. Look down, back up, where are you? You are in an adventure, 3.4 million dollars in the making – the chair, your chair could be in it. What is in your hand. Holly Friollis it is Tim Schafer's notebook, does your chair have Tim Schafer's notebook? I didn’t think so. I’m on a spaceship.

Now film this so we can properly test the subtitles.

Subtitles do not show up in full screen mode and ReverendTed did, in fact, change the subtitles for everyone. (lulz).

indeed, it seems that you can add subtitles as you please :).

you know, crowdsourcing subtitles even for DFA for languages that are not part of EFIGS is not such a bad idea.

you know, crowdsourcing subtitles even for DFA for languages that are not part of EFIGS is not such a bad idea.

Correct, but I'm also not sure that 2PP is ready for the policing that it requires for there to be wiki-style content editing.

Correct, but I'm also not sure that 2PP is ready for the policing that it requires for there to be wiki-style content editing.

indeed

I added the much needed Swedish subtitles.

damn! ive hoped for the swedish-gibberish-english mix from magicka!

I added the much needed Swedish subtitles.

damn! ive hoped for the swedish-gibberish-english mix from magicka!

I was hoping for Swedish Chef, myself, hork bork.

Hmmm, let's see... Currently available subtitles: English, Czech, Hebrew, Italian, Polish and Swedish... Do I see a tasty alternative to EFIGS? We just need a different I guys! Is there any Irish or Icelander willing to contribute?

The next step should be translations to Farsi, Indonesian, Slovak and Hungarian...

Looks nifty! Just FYI, I'm a translator (eng-ita). I'm not sure how you plan to implement the subtitles' translation (crowdsourcing or not), but keep me in mind in any case for some pro bono help. :)

Hmmm, let's see... Currently available subtitles: English, Czech, Hebrew, Italian, Polish and Swedish... Do I see a tasty alternative to EFIGS? We just need a different I guys! Is there any Irish or Icelander willing to contribute?

The next step should be translations to Farsi, Indonesian, Slovak and Hungarian...

Mmmmmmmmmmm....e-chips. :-)~

We're only just trying this out now, so feel free to list whatever bugs or weird stuff you notice below.

LOOK BACKPACK does not work

PICKUP BACKPACK does not work

TAKE BACKPACK does not work

Neither does BAG

USE BACKPACK does not work

USE LIGHT does not work

LIGHT ON does not work

TALK TO GUY does not work

BURST ANNOYING STAR BALLOON does not work

USE LIGHT WITH BACKPACK does not work

PUT LIGHT IN BACKPACK does not work

Will there be a wipe at the end of this Beta Test? I want to keep my character.

Will there be a wipe at the end of this Beta Test? I want to keep my character.
The best way to keep your character is to go to About: Character, then File: Print.

Hey everyone!

I'm Darren, a support guy from Amara who's helping get the subtitling stuff integrated. Don't mind me, and all hail Monkey Island!

[stvimeo]44962894[/stvimeo]

Sign in to follow this