Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Are the prizes still being shipped out? I still haven't got mine...

That makes two of us. I haven't got mine either yet.

As promised, here are some pics of my swag:

(Removed the images, they're not far away on FFSamurai's post.

Best picture I've seen of the poster, but I'm confused by it now. That doesn't look like it has a frameable border so as not to obscure any of the art...

am I missing something Chris? Greg? Are we supposed to block it ourselves instead?

As promised, here are some pics of my swag:

(Removed the images, they're not far away on FFSamurai's post.

Best picture I've seen of the poster, but I'm confused by it now. That doesn't look like it has a frameable border so as not to obscure any of the art...

am I missing something Chris? Greg? Are we supposed to block it ourselves instead?

Relax Reid... Just pick up a, how to call it in English, anti-frame? frameless frame? You know: a sandwich of fiberwood, the poster and glass held together with small metal clips. No need to block anything.

Krystoff, I actually planned to do a regular framing, as I have so many posters and such that were NOT ready to frame and therefore had to do the border less type of framing. I remember seeing an image that had the poster have extra poster edge designed specifically for framing, but I don't know.

I'm not complaining. I just refuse to be a customer who is ever completely satisfied (at least publicly).

So I was pretty happy when I saw that my stuff showed up yesterday. I guess my local post office had a brain fart.

Whoa! That rainbow one looks so friggin' cool...

I got a checkerboard one.i3qgVtUQpEXBA.jpg

Krystoff, I actually planned to do a regular framing, as I have so many posters and such that were NOT ready to frame and therefore had to do the border less type of framing. I remember seeing an image that had the poster have extra poster edge designed specifically for framing, but I don't know.

I'm not complaining. I just refuse to be a customer who is ever completely satisfied (at least publicly).

What?!?! You DARE criticize the solemn and holy DFA poster?!?! For shame, blasphemer, for shame! Your kind of insolence shall be punished swiftly, sir!

Seriously though I do see what you mean. I mean it wouldn't take all that big of a border to blot out the two letters on the top and bottom. Still, seems like we may have no recourse here like we did with the fan gamer shirts as these really are a high enough quality to warrant putting another couple hundred thousand in just correcting alone.

I tell you what though. I plan on getting a frame for it today. I'll post a pic of it so you guys can judge how well it'll hold up to any old frame from Target. It'll probably be a thin one so you'll see how much real estate even a border like that takes up. If its too much I'll see if I can somehow make the matting work to artificially enlarge the pic.

My favorite pin has yet to be posted! There are 40 different designs in total. Can we find them all?
oh great look at what you made me go and do Greg!

DFAButtondex.png

time for people to post more buttons haha!

Woah! There are 40 different buttons? I'll have to check which one I have when I get back home..

My favorite pin has yet to be posted! There are 40 different designs in total. Can we find them all?
oh great look at what you made me go and do Greg!

(image)

time for people to post more buttons haha!

Oh man, that’s great. Looking forward to seeing this all fill in. I haven’t even seen all of the different designs!

Anyone else had a non-existent delivery?

USPS seem to think they delivered it on the 23rd yet nowt turned up. I only have one front door with a small letter box which it wouldn't have got through so no idea what's going on.

/depressed

Still haven't gotten mine yet. But I haven't checked the mail yet today. I assume it might take a while for everybody to get theirs since there was like over 10000 packages that needed to be sent? :P

EDIT: Oh, apparently they're being sent out by shirt size and I'm an XL. Guess I'll be patient then. :P

Meeps, is that image mirrored or do the babies really face left on your pin? Seems so far like that would make it a bit more special..

Anyway, my package is en route. I'm very exited to see which kind of pin I get.

Meeps, is that image mirrored or do the babies really face left on your pin? Seems so far like that would make it a bit more special..

I just noticed that! No Photoshop trickery on my part. My babies are genuinely flying to the left.

Hi there, im Mr. W. from germany.. still no email and or package .. do i have to worry ?

Backed 110 bucks...

Anyway, my package is en route. I'm very exited to see which kind of pin I get.

I noticed that, too.

It made me think of Zoolander.

Though, #5 is more of a dark green than a tint. I'm not sure if it was the lighting/camera that made it look brighter.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=i5btpt&s=6

I took that photo with direct sunlight coming in from the right. Still my green pin is much brighter than the one in your picture. Could they be two different versions with different tints of green?

Alrighty guys, as promised, I got a picture of my fully framed poster up on the forums. You can find it at http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/7397/ , or the DFA Poster Dimension topic, and thankfully it looks like if you do get a thin enough border the poster's lettering on the edges shouldn't be a problem. Also, because I thought this'd be kinda cool, here's a close up of the rest of my rewards, island style:

dfaisland.jpg

By ffsamurai05 at 2012-07-25

Sign in to follow this