Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mfrederick.art

Bobby Zilch 3D Fan Art

Hey Everyone!

I wish I knew about this forum earlier, this place is awesome!

I've always wondered what Psychonauts might look like if there was ever a next-gen sequel or remake, so I decided to make one of the characters myself.

Here is my 3D fan art of Bobby Zilch:

8659597_orig.jpg

Dear God.

No offense at all, but I hope Psychonauts never gets a next-gen remake.

This Bobby looks bloody terrifying.

Seriously though, this is some first-rate modelling.

Dear God.

No offense at all, but I hope Psychonauts never gets a next-gen remake.

This Bobby looks bloody terrifying.

Seriously though, this is some first-rate modelling.

Welp,I'm actually quite curious how the cast looks like in a higher rendered sequel! :D

Sasha's shiny specs would be MORE shiny,And Milla would have such curly hair,It makes my hair look wispy.

Thanks guys!

Haha, yeah, he's definitely a creepy dude, I think it doesn't help that I haven't posed him yet so he kinda looks like he wants to suck out your soul xD.

He's even creepier without his shirt, lol:

1828923_orig.jpg

AAUUGH! The horror... the HORROR! Sweet mother mercy, that's grotesquely detailed. I don't think I ever want to see any of the male campers at the beach after this. Still, a fine piece of work!

Shirtless Bobby Zilch.

I never thought the day would come I'd see a shirtless Bobby mothereffing Zilch.

I really love your render of him,Just...

Shirtless Bobby...

He even has nipples ohgod.

Now,If you'll excuse me,The sound you'll be hearing in the next room is me slamming my head against the wall and screaming Latin profanities.

Fantastic model, mfrederick!

Man, I didn't realize Bobby was so creepy looking- he's like a zombie Ronald McDonald.

@Martina:

Don't get me wrong, I'd be interested in seeing the rest of the cast as well.

It's just that a select few of the cast members would be pure, undiluted nightmare fuel. Like Bobby here. Or probably Crispin.

I'd like to see how Gloria's hair-tree would look like in high-definition, by the way. Also Fred. Because he is plain awesome.

I'm actually interested in seeing Clem and Crystal like this.

They would probably look MORE like a bunch of Muppets.

Nice work, Matthew! I actually modeled the "real" Bobby Zilch for Psychonauts and only wish we could have had Zbrush to tackle that hair! Keep up the good work! For the record, I would LOVE to see a next-gen Linda the Lungfish.

I think pretty much everybody would look better (or even creepier) in high-def. I'd really like to see Mikhail that way. His hat would probably be at least 20% more epic.

Nice work, Matthew! I actually modeled the "real" Bobby Zilch for Psychonauts and only wish we could have had Zbrush to tackle that hair! Keep up the good work! For the record, I would LOVE to see a next-gen Linda the Lungfish.

Oh man! Thanks! Bobby was amazingly fun to work on.

Linda would be a blast, that's a great idea, Dave. I think I know what I'll be working on next, haha.

By the way, you sir are amazing!

Whoa, whoa, this is incredibly impressive! Scary, but in a GOOD WAY. I am loving this, dude.

Can't wait to see what else you work on!

Thanks Koco!

I would LOVE to see a next-gen Linda the Lungfish.

Check it out!

I've still got a lot to do, including but not limited to adding teeth and fins, and finishing up the arms and legs...which look pretty much how they did after I turned the zspheres into a skin...but here it is!

3573996_orig.jpg

Whoa. What a magical lady! Sir, you must tell me how you do all this. I would love to work in computer design one day, and this serves as a great inspiration to a young artist like myself.

Whoa. What a magical lady! Sir, you must tell me how you do all this. I would love to work in computer design one day, and this serves as a great inspiration to a young artist like myself.

Thanks!

The best advice I can give for someone who wants to get into this sort of thing is to study anatomy and lighting like crazy. You don''t really need to bother learning the names of any of the muscle forms or anything like that for any reason other than communication, so at this point, it's more important that you know what it looks like rather than what it's called. I always have an anatomy book next to me when I work. One thing art professors will tell you time and time again is that you can't create fake anatomy until you know the real stuff. So as long as you have a good understanding of how muscle forms flow, and how light falls on it, you should be golden. Also, if you want to try out some sculpting stuff, but don't want to shell out the money for ZBrush, one other legal route you can take is to download Sculptris, which was also made by Pixologic, but is completely free.

Really nice work, Matthew!! She is one fleshy, sexy...um...lady. ;) I'm sure Mr. Pokeylope would approve.

Nicely done, Matthew! Why Linda looks like Krang from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Interesting how the more realistic the characters are modeled the creepier they appear.

Really nice work, Matthew!! She is one fleshy, sexy...um...lady. ;) I'm sure Mr. Pokeylope would approve.

Thanks, Dave! Oh man...if I get the chance, I gotta get around to Mr. Pokeylope as well.

Nicely done, Matthew! Why Linda looks like Krang from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Interesting how the more realistic the characters are modeled the creepier they appear.

Thanks Acefox! Haha, yeah, the added detail really helps bring out the creep factor.

1310725_orig.jpg

I went ahead and rigged and posed him in Maya to give him a bit more life and character (not that Bobby doesn't have enough character in his design anyway, haha).

Shirtless Bobby Zilch.

I never thought the day would come I'd see a shirtless Bobby mothereffing Zilch.

I really love your render of him,Just...

Shirtless Bobby...

He even has nipples ohgod.

Now,If you'll excuse me,The sound you'll be hearing in the next room is me slamming my head against the wall and screaming Latin profanities.

LOL ... I could not have said it better myself. Fantastic job... and YIKES.

RIDICULOUS!!! That is flippin awesome! I tried my hand at Raz (Which you should do later, would love to see the result) in Blender, but I actually managed, in all my nerdy glory, to somehow cause myself physical pain while working with my laptop(Or should I say CRAPtop)

Anyways, it's so awesome Jasper might give it 2.35453456245 stars.

Your take on Bobby is terrifying, yet very interesting and awesome! It's like you mixed your style with the game's style, making it different somehow. I can also see the sequel having this sort of take on it; though it's going to be kind of terrifying to see most of the campers like this! Not saying like it's a bad thing since a lot of the characters look a bit eccentric and stylized. This would fit in the sequel, but it'll take some time to get used to them (especially Bobby).

In short, amazing job! Hoping to see more models of the other characters eventually. I would love to see your take on Loboto and Sheegor with the addition to Mr. Pokelope whenever you'll work on him. Just keep it up!

Forgot to add in something else; that's one hell of a quality Linda.

Sign in to follow this