Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GuTyKa

HeXit adventure!

I saw HeXit on Kickstarter. I like SciFi and adventure games so it looked like a good game. Plus it even had Linux support, which is a bonus as a Ubuntu user. However I didn't back it as I was worried it wouldn't get enough backers. I planned to wait until it got over half way and then back it. But it never got there.

It has closed now and they only rasied 25k when they needed 75k. I think it is really sad. Apparantly they will make the game anyway. But I think it will be hard with a budget of 25k.

What is it about the DFA game/pitch video that makes it get 3.3m but another game, which was futher along in production can only get 25k?

If a Kickstarter campaign fails then the project creator won't receive any fundings. So it's not a good idea to hold backing because the project has not reached half of the buget because if it fails it will cost you nothing. Anyway I'm sad that HeXit didn't succeed :(

It seemed to lose all steam from a few things:

A) an overly sexualized protagonist. (later edited to be less over the top in their redo of their pitch video)

B) they pitched an add-on backer exclusive side adventure not available to everyone else (caused backers to back out from not wanting to support an 'incomplete adventure' even though they stated it wouldn't be important to the main story)

C) they were pitching an 'episode' for the world, and while they stated it would be a complete story many seemed to feel this would be a story that ended with you feeling like you needed to play the next episode to finish the story.

I liked their pitch and wanted them to succeed, but those seemed to the be the road blocks that slowed them to a halt.

Side note: I am now Dr. Action Poster, Esq. Awesome!

Sign in to follow this