Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frisbyjo

DF Game Club: Gemini Rue - 7/14, 7/21, 7/28, & 8/4

Syd wins!

woooo!

Yay!

Also, I set up an event for the game club in the backer Steam group. Should give anyone in the group that's online at the time a little notification when it begins. Hopefully that'll help the turnout.

Looking forward to the developer chat tomorrow.

Gemini Rue's creator won't be in the chat tomorrow, but he should be joining us next Saturday.

Looking forward to the developer chat tomorrow.

Gemini Rue's creator won't be in the chat tomorrow, but he should be joining us next Saturday.

Opps. My bad m(_ _)m

I'm actually glad it won't be on for another week because that gives me some time with the game as I just bought it today. ^^:

Only downside to the talk being next weekend is that it's the last Guild Wars 2 beta weekend event then, but I should be able to get some time off from that if I can just get myself to log off the game for a while. ^.~

Yeah, Josh (the other Josh, not myself) is going to join us for our second Gemini Rue session. That way those who haven't played before will have a chance to get our teeth into the game and have time to come up with some interesting questions :)

Hey guys, I moved this into a public forum and stickied it. Also passed off the info for the stream to Cheese, so he's going to handle that now! Thanks for all the help transitioning this. Excited to see what you guys do with it! Hopefully we'll see you in the chat tomorrow!

... and the session is over for this weekend. I had a good time with the others on IRC. The stream worked very well, too. :o The game is pretty interesting so far, I must say. I'm looking forward to the developer chat next weekend.

Woo! Thanks to everybody who tuned in and hung out in IRC!

We stopped where Delta-Six has just dropped the gun down a vent, and Azriel has repaired his lockpicks. If anybody wants a copy of the save so that they can continue from there, I can put it up.

If anybody missed the stream or wants to watch again, they can do so here.

P.S. Sorry for skipping a couple of lines of dialogue during the training bit >_<

- Updated OP with link to stream recording and chat log.

And just a reminder that next Saturday is the chat with Joshua Nuernberger, developer of the game. Everyone is welcome!

Hey guys, I could only peak in for a bit on Saturday, but it looks like everything went smoothly! Looking forward to the dev chat next week.

Hey guys, I could only peak in for a bit on Saturday, but it looks like everything went smoothly! Looking forward to the dev chat next week.

Thanks for dropping by! It was good to see you there ^_^

So I've managed to get my mic working happily with the stream. Does anybody have any thoughts on how much I should be talking? I feel like it might be worthwhile mentioning stuff that Joshua (this is awfully confusing as it seems like 90% of the people participating in the game club are called Josh) says in IRC whilst we're playing, but I'm wary of being too distracting.

Thanks for dropping by! It was good to see you there ^_^

So I've managed to get my mic working happily with the stream. Does anybody have any thoughts on how much I should be talking? I feel like it might be worthwhile mentioning stuff that Joshua (this is awfully confusing as it seems like 90% of the people participating in the game club are called Josh) says in IRC whilst we're playing, but I'm wary of being too distracting.

OK, so I've been talking with Joshua, who is going to be available closer to 2:00pm PDT.

This will give us a chance to (hopefully) finish the game before he drops by for Q&A, which will reduce the impact of spoilers :D

OK, so I've been talking with Joshua, who is going to be available closer to 2:00pm PDT.

This will give us a chance to (hopefully) finish the game before he drops by for Q&A, which will reduce the impact of spoilers :D

I've updated the main post to indicate the 2pm developer chat, and the 12noon start of the end-of-game stream.

I made a post to the Wadjeteye Games forum to see if anyone there wanted to come by, if anyone wants to make posts in any other places publicizing the game club, feel free to copy that text I wrote there. I was thinking this upcoming chat could draw interest from the AGS community, Reddit, or other forums, if they were informed (haven't had time to post anything elsewhere at the moment).

And thanks for coming by Greg!

I've updated the main post to indicate the 2pm developer chat, and the 12noon start of the end-of-game stream.

I made a post to the Wadjeteye Games forum to see if anyone there wanted to come by, if anyone wants to make posts in any other places publicizing the game club, feel free to copy that text I wrote there. I was thinking this upcoming chat could draw interest from the AGS community, Reddit, or other forums, if they were informed (haven't had time to post anything elsewhere at the moment).

And thanks for coming by Greg!

Hey guys-- this is Joshua Nuernberger, the creator of Gemini Rue. Just wanted to say that I'm super excited y'all are covering Gemini Rue in the DF Game Club!

Also, due to something coming up, I unfortunately won't be able to do the Dev Chat this Saturday. I've been talking to Cheeseness about when/how would be best to reschedule so we'll let you know when that occurs.

Looking forward to chatting with you all whenever/however it happens!

- Josh 'thejburger'

Hey guys-- this is Joshua Nuernberger, the creator of Gemini Rue. Just wanted to say that I'm super excited y'all are covering Gemini Rue in the DF Game Club!

Also, due to something coming up, I unfortunately won't be able to do the Dev Chat this Saturday. I've been talking to Cheeseness about when/how would be best to reschedule so we'll let you know when that occurs.

Looking forward to chatting with you all whenever/however it happens!

- Josh 'thejburger'

We'll still be running Game Club as normal on Saturday though, so anybody who's keen can join us for the second part of our playthrough and discuss the game in IRC!

We'll still be running Game Club as normal on Saturday though, so anybody who's keen can join us for the second part of our playthrough and discuss the game in IRC!

An archive of the stream is here: http://www.twitch.tv/twolofbees/b/325746270

I've saved a copy of the log. Pastebin probably isn't a good place to keep this stuff since it expires eventually. Any thoughts on a longer term place? I'm happy to throw them up on my webserver, but I'm wary of being seen to be plugging my own stuff >_<

Edit: Also, big thanks to whomever it was that retweeted my tweet from @DoubleFine :D

We've still got one final session of Gemini Rue to do, and then hopefully we'll be able to slot in the dev Q&A with Joshua before we move onto the next game.

I'm keen to see us decide on the next game soon though (if I'm going to be streaming it, I need time to test/prepare). I think ToMI and The Last Express were neck and neck in the new poll, while Machinarium and The Longest Journey(?) were contenders in the old backer-only poll. Of those titles, I only own ToMI and Machinarium (if that counts for anything).

Sign in to follow this