Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

Sidequest: "I Was a Very Pleasant Baby".

Thanks for the update. I loved the way you showed the old games he mentioned. The next time try not to place a camera on the table though - I got motion sickness watching the shots filmed from Lee's right hand side :-)

I alwaysnenjoy hearing from Tim, of course, but I really like hearing other DF people's stories and experience.

Awesome sidequest Levering_2pp, I enjoy each of them.

Speaking of how awesome Stacking is, you should check out the DLC Lee made for it, The Lost Hobo King.

It's got ZOMBIES! Uh, I mean GHOULS!

Either way, there are some freaky undead dolls!

XBLA:

RM9WV-XXDX4-WPD2G-DW29F-CPG7Z

WQRRH-FFC72-VF92H-W77R3-J32CZ

WPFFV-TRWFX-VRJD7-R2DTF-DWGGZ

3HPYK-TP3FG-C74RP-9DHTR-GMHRZ

These codes are for PSN and PSN codes expire. I'm not sure if these have or not give 'em a shot. They're all I got!

8L6C-49N7-ATMN

9PMJ-HCN9-FGR4

PBHF-FNNK-GM86

27L6-RENF-5Q2E

344E-9CN5-4NTH

If you're nice to Greg Rice he might drop some pc codes... :)

Very special thanks Mr. Schafer.

Cool projects you have worked on, it's a shame some of these never made it they look really nice.

I like the idea you highlighted about seeing NPC interactions and later on realizing you were one of them time warped back! To me it feels like the toilet bowl time machine thing in DOTT. The way you react to the NPC interaction first could determine a puzzle/solution threat later. Maybe a nice one for the puzzle-a-thon?

Great sidequest, thanks for the work 2PP.

I played through Stacking (haven't got to the DLC yet), and found it pretty fun, amusing, and novel, well worth the couple of bucks!

Keep up the good work. Fun pills and sleds for everyone.

Smiles

Another great video :D

There seem to be so many great personalities working on this project. Can't wait to see the next sidequest.

Brill! Love these side quests, so much insight. :)

Cheers to Tim, although as I only have Stacking on Steam will have to wait to be nice to Greg.

Cheers to Tim, although as I only have Stacking on Steam will have to wait to be nice to Greg.

Stacking on Steam already includes the Hobo King DLC. Which is the way I played it and loved it!

Stacking on Steam already includes the Hobo King DLC. Which is the way I played it and loved it!

Consider me stupid :D

Vimeo doesn't let me watch this video under Linux. It gives the following error:

"Sorry - The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain. This is a Vimeo Plus feature."

This is in Firefox 13.0.1. Using the same version of Firefox, I can watch the video under Windows XP. :-( Bad Vimeo!

Vimeo doesn't let me watch this video under Linux. It gives the following error:

"Sorry - The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain. This is a Vimeo Plus feature."

This is in Firefox 13.0.1. Using the same version of Firefox, I can watch the video under Windows XP. :-( Bad Vimeo!

It works fine here on Firefox 13.0.1 on Linux for me (viewed from the embedded video on the first post). I don't think they're intentionally blocking anything...

If you're nice to Greg Rice he might drop some pc codes... :)

I still have a couple Steam codes that I didn't pass out during GDC languishing in the "car keys pocket" of my jeans. "[They've] been in my pocket; they're real warm and soft." However, they're not completely intact. Sorry; think of it as a puzzle!

485D6-6A0X7-6FLY6 (the zero might be a letter O)

45KLE-L5NLQ-3H3A1(?) : The last character is mostly unreadable. It definitely starts with a vertical stroke. Could be an H or an I.

Please reply if you successfully use one of these so others don't try to solve them!

485D6-6A0X7-6FLY6 (the zero might be a letter O)

Got this one and it worked perfectly! Thanks SO much :D

Feel like I have to have other games than Psychonauts on everything as well :P (don't have it on xbox though)

45KLE-L5NLQ-3H3A1(?) : The last character is mostly unreadable. It definitely starts with a vertical stroke. Could be an H or an I.

Please reply if you successfully use one of these so others don't try to solve them!

Tried all combinations for this one .. with and without the 1 .. ;P not working. Thanks tho. (thought I'd save others trying.)

Same, only I'm using Windows 7.

Same, only I'm using Windows 7.

Tried all combinations for this one .. with and without the 1 .. ;P not working. Thanks tho. (thought I'd save others trying.)

That's a good gesture :) maybe someone out there are faster than you, but also very naughty? (If you are out there; that wasn't nice!)

That's a good gesture :) maybe someone out there are faster than you, but also very naughty? (If you are out there; that wasn't nice!)

I tried to watch the videos from Vimeo under both Linux and Windows again, and this time... the same result. Then I tried running a Vimeo video under Linux with a new Firefox profile, and it ran just fine. So I'm guessing there is some flawed programming over at Vimeo (or Mozilla) preventing the videos from playing when some unknown coincidence occurs. My money is on Vimeo being responsible for the error and that choice of operating system has nothing to do with it.

I tried to watch the videos from Vimeo under both Linux and Windows again, and this time... the same result. Then I tried running a Vimeo video under Linux with a new Firefox profile, and it ran just fine. So I'm guessing there is some flawed programming over at Vimeo (or Mozilla) preventing the videos from playing when some unknown coincidence occurs. My money is on Vimeo being responsible for the error and that choice of operating system has nothing to do with it.

A very informative video. I look forward to more Sidequests, especially any on programmers (cuz I'm currently studying Computer Science at the moment).

About the second code, like Poul, I too have tried with different combinations (even ones that aren't vertical lines) and I found that none of them have worked. Just to confirm.

I guess we could just hope that Stacking would get a flash sale or something at some point some time during the Steam Summer Sale.

A very informative video. I look forward to more Sidequests, especially any on programmers (cuz I'm currently studying Computer Science at the moment).

About the second code, like Poul, I too have tried with different combinations (even ones that aren't vertical lines) and I found that none of them have worked. Just to confirm.

I guess we could just hope that Stacking would get a flash sale or something at some point some time during the Steam Summer Sale.

What kind of extensions do you have installed in Firefox? It's pretty common for Firefox extensions to mess things up and people blame the website. The fact that you can play the video with a blank profile seems to indicate there's something in your Firefox profile that's interfering. FWIW, I've never had a problem playing Vimeo on any browser in Linux, provided I had the Flash player installed.

What kind of extensions do you have installed in Firefox? It's pretty common for Firefox extensions to mess things up and people blame the website. The fact that you can play the video with a blank profile seems to indicate there's something in your Firefox profile that's interfering. FWIW, I've never had a problem playing Vimeo on any browser in Linux, provided I had the Flash player installed.

That's the thing - I'm using the same Firefox profile under both Windows and Linux by soft linking the directory of the profile from Linux to the location on the Windows partition. Ergo, the same extensions are running under both OS's. That's why it seems so strange that the Vimeo videos would play under one OS and not the other when the Firefox extensions, themes, options, and settings are exactly the same. If anything, *less* plug-ins should be running under Linux so it would be *more* likely to work because of less interference, but it is the opposite. And it's even zanier that another user would have a similar problem, just under Windows 7 instead.

I am, of course, only having trouble with Vimeo, as Adobe Flash and videos played that way are working just fine on Web sites like YouTube and the like. The error message Vimeo displays is actually delivered using Flash, so it isn't a problem with Flash running neither.

That's the thing - I'm using the same Firefox profile under both Windows and Linux by soft linking the directory of the profile from Linux to the location on the Windows partition. Ergo, the same extensions are running under both OS's. That's why it seems so strange that the Vimeo videos would play under one OS and not the other when the Firefox extensions, themes, options, and settings are exactly the same. If anything, *less* plug-ins should be running under Linux so it would be *more* likely to work because of less interference, but it is the opposite. And it's even zanier that another user would have a similar problem, just under Windows 7 instead.

I am, of course, only having trouble with Vimeo, as Adobe Flash and videos played that way are working just fine on Web sites like YouTube and the like. The error message Vimeo displays is actually delivered using Flash, so it isn't a problem with Flash running neither.

Sign in to follow this